This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need new switch for my 12 vdc winch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need new switch for my 12 vdc winch
    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 5:51pm

I need to replace the up-down rocker switch on my 12 volt winch. Thought I could use a regular ON-OFF-ON toggle switch  and first thing that happens is the winch is coming IN aand I cannot get my big azzed thumb on the friggin toggle switch to switch directions,,,,,,,,so the whole friggin thing jams while I'm trying to find the friggin switch,,,and promptly burns the switch up,!!!!!
  What I NEED is a type switch that is spring loaded to return to OFF (Center position) when I get thumb off, the switch,,,!!!
 I find some on Grainger  that are 6 pole and some that are 3 pole,,,,? What's the diff the control cord only has 3 wires,,,, AND none of the switches say they are  spring loaded
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 6:04pm
OK, you need a SPDT momentary, center off switch
Single Pole Double Throw, means  3 contacts ,a center common that will connect to 1 of 2 other contacts.
Momentary, means you gotta HOLD it 'up' or 'dn' to make it do something, let go, it STOPS
Center Off, means it has 3 positions. When 'released', it return to center, and NO power goes anywhere

BTW you NEED a switch rated for DC power NOT AC, probably 2 amps is OK.Probably anything that fits will work as relays are low power.
The switch powers one of 2 relays that control the winch power

Now you might be able to get them from say Harbour freight as a repair part,or whoever sells winches. That switch is probably a common part. Have 3-4 of them in garage,but it's a loooong walk to New Mexico !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 6:17pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 7:02pm
Maybe check with an RV dealer, the landing gear switch on my 5th wheel is a rocker switch but you have to hold constant pressure either up or down, my last 5th wheel was the same way..
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:17pm

Hey Jay and Tom,,that right there is what I NEED,,just didn't know what to call it,,,,these are the times I dislike living in these small towns cause ain't nobody carry much and with the current supply issues,,,,its even worse,,,,,,, dang brandon,,,,,

Hey,,Dave,,,MANY THANKS,,, for that link on Surplus Center,,,,I just placed an order for TWO of them switches plus a catalog. I had joined up with them many years ago when I bought all them new hydraulic hoses for the D14 back hoe/ loader,,,but I could not remember my PW so I had to log in as a guest

Edited by desertjoe - 28 Jan 2022 at 8:17pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:39pm
Joe, I still ocasionally buy from them, their prices aint terrible bad, they do whack you with shipping, but they know how to pack stuff in a box, pretty efficient. If nothing else, using their search tools sometimes jogs a memory as to what to call the item you are searching for...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic