This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help with torque spec on AC 2900 Engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveng0143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help with torque spec on AC 2900 Engine
    Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 11:06am
I looking to put a new head gasket on my AC 2900  301ci engine and would like to know the correct ft-lb torque  I need to put on the head bolts. 
Sponsored Links

gcalent View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcalent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 1:50pm
Up to 1973 the spec is 150 ft. lbs. and after that it is 165 ft. lbs. and the rocker shaft is 28-33 ft. lbs.
I usualy use the later spec no matter the year of the engine.
Pullin With AC
steveng0143 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveng0143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 3:11pm
Thank you very much, one last thing? What is the correct bolt pattern for torquing these down.
steveng0143 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveng0143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 7:57am
ttt
gcalent View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcalent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:13am
There is an exact sequence in the manual but I don`t have it in front of me, I have always just started in the center,worked to the ends in an X pattern, and take the bolts down in three torque steps. i have never had a problem with thiss method.
Pullin With AC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic