This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with 7060 torque limiter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurdMan660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with 7060 torque limiter
    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 1:27pm
Hey guys, I'm trying to help my father put his 7060 maroon belly back together. The disc of the torque limiter exploded into a thousand pieces. The guy that split the tractor is no longer around. I'm trying to figure out which way the Belleville springs face and the torque spec on those bolts. It has two Belleville springs. It's my understanding dealers added a second spring to apply more force to the disc. I figure the concave side faces the transmission and the bolts bend the springs back to create the tension? Thanks.

Edited by BurdMan660 - 02 Jul 2020 at 1:28pm
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:04pm
I'm no authority on this but from what has been said by those who know,if flywheel is in spec with step cut and surface and pressure plate is in spec (thickness & surface) then using one belleville spring with factory spacers and 4 pad disc will hold what you have for power and still provide shock damping of drive train. If you have 2 springs you have to have extra spacer length. Some use lock washers but they are not the same thickness as spring(from my experience). Have heard that burnishing new disc centers drive shaft and with out being centered it will eat up splines on the back end. Have heard said no ability the slip limiter will also eat up rear splines. I DON'T KNOW. I put 2 springs in my turned up 8070 and couldn't slip it per manual instructions. Made a pilot tool to center disc at assembly...who knows? Soon after rear main went to leaking and limiter started slipping. Split,fix and reassemble the nearly new disc after soaking in gasoline for days,heating with torch etc,etc,(against all advise). Hit a tough spot with the chisel plow that fall and it slipped for about a second then hooked up....so far so good. Been about 10yrs and 500hrs.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:11pm
Concave part goes against flywheel, convex goes to pressure plate.       MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic