This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

National Farm Machinery Show, Louisville

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National Farm Machinery Show, Louisville
    Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:02pm
I have the opportunity though college , and will be attending this year for the first time, this show. Has anyone ever been to it? Is it as great as it looks on the website and from what I'm hearing from the older guys? Anyone have any pictures from previous years?
Sponsored Links

Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:17pm
Ive been to the show 6 or 7 times and plan on attending this year also. It's a neat show. It can be confusing getting around it the first time of two but its well worth the trip. I dont have any pics but you might want to take a camera along. They  have the biggest and newest stuff there. I went to the pull one year but was not real impressed, I dont like indoor pulls theres no smoke!!! 
HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:45pm
I went through my college for my first time last year and it was a great show.  It literally takes 2 days or more to see everything.  We went to the pull on Sat. night and it was good, but i do agree I like the smoke better.  We plan on going again this year.  It is definately well worth it.
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 3:07pm
My high school used to go every year. It's definitely worth going at least once in your life, but do plan on more than one day to see everything! I wasn't impressed by the tractor pull either.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 3:18pm
 I like the tractor pulls. I went when I was young in the 70's. You couldnt see the floor because of the smoke before the night was over. I just love tractor pulls. You might not be able to see the smoke,but it would suck to be sitting outside in zero weather watching one in Feb.....lol  That is the only choice you have in the winter.
                                              IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 3:41pm
Went a couple of times in the 70's with mom and dad.  Good times.  Need to go back.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Mike NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 4:18pm
I've gone every year since 1989 and sat through all the pulls. I'm with IG, I love pullin weather it's inside or outside. As for the show anymore it's the same stuff different year, but a good show.
ac_bowsers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_bowsers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:52pm
Plan on minimum of 2 good days to see everything at the show, been there 9 times in the last 12 years, hope to make it a tenth time this year. pulls are good, see them every other year we have went. get there early for parking. show opens at 9 KY time. If you spot good deals on anything that catches your eye, grab it the 1st or second day you are there, by Sat, some vendors inventory is depleated, but most will still offer decent deals and throw in shipping for free. With the new additions to the halls I think its been a little easier to get around, but can be confusing at times. We stay right downtown at the courtyard marriot which now has across the street  the new stadium for the U of L cardinals baskeball events. a little pricey but walking distance from some great watering holes and eats!!! No more Freedom hall for the basketball program, they were still constructing it last year, looks like an awesome facility for the university. It was slated to open for this years team. College basketball, ILLINI first, and LOUISVILLE second for me!!!
Pine Stock Farm "Home of the ALLIS" 35-WC-36-U-37-UC-47-C-49-G-57-D17-58-D17puller-63-D21-71-210puller-79-7045-83-8070-AA9675-BigTen-B10-310-1300fieldcult-snapcoupler imp.-longhopper blower,signs,etc.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 6:24pm
ac_bowers I always have liked Louisville 2nd also. I think its because of going down there when I was little,and seeing Freedom Hall,and it helps that there Cardinals..LOL
                                                 IG
Russ SCPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ SCPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 6:50pm
I have gone 9 out of the last 10 years.  Well worth the time and yes figure 2 days. 
ac_bowsers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_bowsers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 6:55pm
Your reason for liking the cards is the same as mine. Mike has got one heck of a program there, as well as Bruce does back here at home. I was always fascinated by the fact that they had to shut down home games there and turn it into a pulling arena for a week then get it ready for the university again, a tradition that has now ended, too bad.
Pine Stock Farm "Home of the ALLIS" 35-WC-36-U-37-UC-47-C-49-G-57-D17-58-D17puller-63-D21-71-210puller-79-7045-83-8070-AA9675-BigTen-B10-310-1300fieldcult-snapcoupler imp.-longhopper blower,signs,etc.
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:45pm
ac_bowsers and ILGLEANER, you boys don't know where it is at. LOL
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:50pm
After the show go to 4th Street Live ....a few blocks down from the gault house ..in downtown Louisville
U wont be disapointed 
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:43pm
Michaelwis I agree, AllisChalmers37 I'll never agree on that I'm a Duke fan all the way and anyone against UK and North Carolina. 
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:47pm
Anyone rooting for Duke in the state of ILL should be run out of the state. I have 3 sister in laws that are Puke fans.  Give me a call sometime I will bring an AC down to pull your bandwagon around....LOL
                                                     IG
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:52pm
Form the people I know around here you wont have to bring a very big AC or wagon....lol. Being so close to Kentucky we are over run with obnoxious UK fans.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:30pm
I went a couple years ago.  Spent all of one day there, not sure I saw it all but sure saw a lot!  I think I like the Tulare Ca show better, it's outside, in California, and there is even more machinery you don't see often (or ever) where most of us live.  I enjoyed both shows, heck, I love any kind of farm shows, for the most part, it is as close as I will get to most of the machinery displayed, for at least 10 years, when I might be able to afford it.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:36pm
John you can see it all in one day I've done it many times,but you have to keep moving and you don't really get to stop and really study many things.
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 5:13am
I went with FFA once in high school. That was the early 90's. I'm sure it was a great show, I just don't know a lot about all the bigger type farm equipment. Technology is making it easier for the big farms. We never really had a need for that high dollar stuff. I'm sure if you had a large farm, it would pay off.
Just when I thought I was finishing my "honey-do-list", she turned the page!!!
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 5:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic