This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Ugly thought of the Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Ugly thought of the Day
    Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 8:50am
Just at week and half now, I moved the Big Truck from the Shop bringing my 180 up for service, dropped mower off our lawn tractor and reset the loader on it, in doing so as I went to Swing Plop my Butt in the seat hit the Damnable PTO Output Selector(Mid or Rear) with back of my Left Thigh at full speed and weight.  I do NOT normally Bruise where sore as hecky durn next day had a large egg 1 1/2-2" Round Bruise on that very spot.  Hard to maneuver in or out of seated, painful to stay standing long but that subsided over a few days.
So Wife sloughed it Off, I am OLD, will begin bruising easier, blah blah blah, but point is I generally NOT EVER bruise, if even get a hint of one gone in few days.  So week goes by last Friday, soreness was almost gone and I was ignoring but then took a look on Saturday Morning.  Damned bruise is size of my big hand, funny colors of reds, blues, hints of yellows so yesterday I sent off a Doc Visit Email(They do that now for Visual Conferencing), I get a email back yesterday PM, CALL FOR APPOINTMENT IN MORNING, the expansion and coloring along with MOVING set off alarms so I go at 3:15 today.  Possibly burst a large blood vessel.
Sponsored Links

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 10:04am
Not good, Dave!  Prayers for a favorable outcome on this.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 10:11am
Will know soon enough.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 12:29pm
Dave, hope you did not do any serious damage. We don't heal nearly as quickly as we did in the past.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 6:07pm
Ask Doc. to due a complete blood panel, easily bruising may be a sign of vitamin/mineral deficiency.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 6:18pm
Got REAL, kind of, Lucky.  Doc came in had me drop britches, takes one Look and Notes he was glad to have had Sports Med training!!  I bounced DIRECTLY on my Hamstring, is a Large vein runs directly alongside said Hamstring, generally see this type HEMATOMA when a Hamstring Snaps!! Vein got pinched.

Does a little prodding and soft squeezing, sends me into radiology, MRI, Yep, Hematoma.

Simple Goose Egg sized ball of blood, appears Vein has repaired itself, where body just has to resorb the excess internal bleed.  blood is filtering out thru tissue but NO CHANCE of passing any form of a Vein Clot.  WOOHOO!!!
Said will appear Ugly for some time, a few weeks to maybe couple months but all is right with it.  Validated No Pain in area, prodded some more, multiple pulse checks on leg veins, temperature readings, checked movement of leg and pressure of using hamstring, nothing.  Sent me home.

Edited by DMiller - 22 Nov 2022 at 6:19pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 6:39pm
That’s good news.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 6:56pm
Made me quit sweating!!
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 7:32pm
Good news, Dave!  Never hurts to get checked out.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 5:11am
Glad to hear the good news.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 6:31am
GREAT news...now be SURE to take LOTS of pictures ! I never did after I launched off the bike and broke my collar bone. Crazy number of colors for weeks.....kinda amazing....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 6:50am
This was Saturday Morning, started off as a 1.5" circle

Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 7:09am
OUCH!!  Glad you got it checked and all will be well.  Sounds like Doc did a good exam and was cautious to make sure it was nothing more.  Happy Thanksgiving!   You have something to be thankful for this year.

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 12:50pm
Always good to know for sure, the worrying can do more damage than the injury sometimes. Hope you can sit and enjoy Thanksgiving dinner.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 7:32pm
Glad to hear you're ok. Did it feel like when you sit and accidently hit your tailbone on something and it's takes your breathe for just a minute?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 7:59pm
Chicks dig scares. Glad to hear all will be right in a week or so. Dad did something similar climbing off of the “C” and mower years ago.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 6:06am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Glad to hear you're ok. Did it feel like when you sit and accidently hit your tailbone on something and it's takes your breathe for just a minute?

Did not feel good, have bounced off things before where this was blunt, yet felt like being stabbed!!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 7:20am
I slipped off the back of my WD once and bounced off the 2 point arm. Hit me right in the kidney. It was wet and cold because I had coveralls on. Sat there for a minute trying to shake it off and it wouldn't shake off so I went on the back porch and layed on the floor.
After about 30 minutes one of the kids saw me and told my wife that dad's laying on the back porch and he's not moving. I had to hear how wrong it was to do that. No chit.

Anyway...bruised kidney and cracked rib later. Took awhile to take a deep breath again.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

Chicks dig scares. Glad to hear all will be right in a week or so. Dad did something similar climbing off of the “C” and mower years ago.

Did I hear a request?Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 3:30pm
 glad you are doing better. I can get a bruise and not know how I got it, I just blame it on golden years.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 4:03pm

Completely understand
See blood spots on floor, ask myself am I cut somewhere and start looking!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 9:24am
Bruise spot has already decreased by half, Wife was astonished as was with me at Doctors office.  Doubt will be more than a couple weeks will be gone.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Bruise spot has already decreased by half, Wife was astonished as was with me at Doctors office.  Doubt will be more than a couple weeks will be gone.

Dave, you got lucky on that one.  IF you're really careful, take another week off, shave the legs down close, and have your cosmetologist apply the right mix of colors... you just MIGHT get to keep that Victoria's Secret modeling contract...  Wink

Unfortunately, the scar on my knee, and the constant swelling put MY lingerie modeling career right in the trashcan.  LOL

My Kubota has a group of shift levers on the side that always snag the pocket of my denim shorts, or the hammer loop of my carpenter dungarees, and when it does, it pops the little plastic knob off, and jerks me back onto that dang'd lever, impaling me with a sharp edge.  Wearing shorts, it has cut me at least a dozen times, and it has poked holes through my dungarees twice as many times.  If there was anything I could do to correct it, I would have, but the !@#% things are perfectly placed to do harm, and incapable of being deleted or relocated... Angry
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 7:11pm
I hear ya Dave, looked at this one for over a hour, nothing as to what could consider would make it better, just relocates the concern in a different direction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic