This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My rant for the year

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My rant for the year
    Posted: 11 May 2018 at 6:26am
Let's start from the beginning. I bought a used anhydrous applicator this spring to put down anhydrous on all of my corn acres. The anhydrous regulator (or more correctly put the nitrolator) on it was shot, so I put a Dickey John auto rater onto it that I had bought a few years back. Now I didn't 100% expect this Dickey John to work flawlessly, because I bought it used, and then it sat in my Quonset since I bought it. It lived up to my expectations and didn't work right. Now with me having a job now, my son is trying to remedy the situation. He had determined that he wasn't getting a good speed reading from the radar gun. Should be an easy solution, because the tractor has a caseIH/Trimble easy steer on it, and they make a cable that will give the Dickey John a speed reading from that, and you don't even need the radar gun. So Wyatt called local Case IH dealer, and wasn't a soul in the whole organization that had a clue what he was talking about, so they finally gave him the old "We'll call you back tomorrow" slip. Obviously they didn't call back. So he found the sensor 1 company out of Grand Island, NE. They knew what he was talking about and had exactly what he needed. This was last Thursday. I told him to see what shipping would cost to get it the next day. They quoted him 100 bucks just in shipping to have it next day, but said that with regular shipping it would be here by Monday, or at the very latest, Tuesday. UPS FINALLY DROPPED THE SOB OFF YESTERDAY!!!!!!!! One freakin week to ship a two pound package that is about four inches tall, and about 6 inches by six inches. WTF.....? Did they take it over to the river and put it on a steamboat to get it to Bismarck and then pony express it from there to me...? I could have walked to Grand Island and picked it up and had it here faster. And it was still over twenty bucks shipping charges on it. That's ridiculous. I shipped my XT injection pump and injectors back and forth to Ed by the good old US mail for a little over 40 bucks each way, they made it in 4 days, and was one hell of a lot BIGGER package! I know that this cable would have fit in a USPS flat rate box that would have cost under five bucks to ship, and it would probably have been here by Saturday. Then what really frosted my ass, was when I heard the office girl at work telling about how she needed a toner for the printer, and the company she got it from shipped it next day air for FREE!!!! I don't know if UPS has gotten out of line, or if this Sensor 1 company has their own "handling" fee that is out of line, but somebody dropped the ball bad here, and it has obviously upset me (could you tell?). And then, it rained yesterday, which in this country, is always a good thing, but the applicator was sitting for all of the nice days, and then when the cable showed up, we can't even use it then. If I had known it was going to take a week for this cable to show up, I would have just pulled the nitrolator off my Concord last Thursday already, put it on the applicator, and we'd be done putting down anhydrous by now. But when you keep thinking "we'll be getting this part tomorrow", well, you don't take drastic measures. Tomorrow can kiss my ass! GRRRRRRRRRRR! Darrel
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:44am
Seems the hamdling part is where some try to get you - 
Bought a motorcycle frame from guy - he shipped it by Greyhound bus - $65 and I had to pick it up - no big deal on that . 
 Went to buy another one - guy had shipping listed at $90 - when he went to invoice it said $230 for shipping and handling on top of his sale price . Said send it by bus for the $65 I paid for last one from another vendor . 
 Said it would cost $150 for him to drive to bus terminal as he had his shipper stop at his shop on call . WELL SALE NEVER WENT THROUGH - someone trying to rip people off .
 About like 4 helicoils I bought from Fastenall - they were$1.000 each but they charged me $12 shipping as they were not in stock in their store and had them shipped from Atlanta GA . must have gold plated the envelope as it would have been about $1 in postage stamps from USPS . Oh and the cost of shipping was not in order until I went to pick them up .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:18pm
Here's one to mull over....
I like to design/build/test microcomputer 'projects' using PICs from Microchip....have for 3 decades...
I can get free samples as I'm a real company so, fill in the blanks online and 'magically' they arrive. Here's the twist.. Microchip has  a HUGE office in Toronto, 1hr away on a good day..do the chips come from there ? No...... they come from Thailand ! Yup, via UPS Thailand to India to Germany to Canada ALWAY less than a week !! FREE shipping too !! hehehe...reminds me I need to 'order' more....
nuther head scratcher... If I need to order electronic parts I could buy from Esonic, Canada's biggest disti , in Toronto BUT they cost more and shipping(UPS) is $$$ ! Oh yeah, I  MIGHT get in a week...so I order from Digikey,probably the biggest USA disti. If I order before 8PM ,on say Monday I WILL get them BEFORE NOON on Tuesday ! Costs me $8 for shipping/brokerage fees. Stuff comes from Thief Falls, MN so south of Manitoba which is a heckuva lot further than 40 miles away !!

some days I just shrug my shoulders ....
Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:24pm
Well how about when calling a vet to come out to the farm, even if they live just up the road a half mile... 130.00 dollar charge (some places even more)... and by the time they leave, the bill is up to 360 dollars... with no guarantees... an five days later you have to call the rendering truck and pay them another 100 bucks to have the former 600-1800 dollar cow hauled away... 
  yea, shipping some small package for 13 dollars sucks while many on ebay and amazon ships for free. GRRR
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:41am
I thinks Darrel needs a hug!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:44am
Shamers, are ye goin up to give him thet hugg????
 You might just get hijacked and haveta stay there till their plantin's all done.... mmmmmm Can I come with ye?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:08am
if'n I goes up there....I KNOW i'll be there awhile, prolly be his worst nightmare too! yeah...you can come along, guess i'll hafta takes the fifth wheel camper to huh?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:19am
Two rascalians up there prolly won't get much done there...so I was thinkin of goin up and hep thet mechanic get the XT back together... an open up the smoke screw too.  Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:33am
with you werkin on his tractor, and me cleanin the Quonset, and him gone with his new job, whew....do I need to bring the grill and smoker?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:38am
Does we need some butcher k-nives an band saw? or just this thang...?
http://allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/FOSTER_BROS_16.JPG
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:07am
NOOOOOOOOOO.....Darrels nurse might gits ahold of that thing....
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:36am
YIKES!!!  http://allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/eek.gif  That wouldn't be good!!!Confused
... an I was only thinkn that you could maybe gets a heads start on thet one ole' Darrel had offered you earlier...
 me thinks leaven the cleaver home would be good thing now too.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:37am
Oh man, you two fellers have it all figured out, don't ya....? You will have to bring your fifth wheel camper up, Shameless, because our guest accommodations suck. (house looks worse than the Quonset). As far as the meat cleaver goes; use your own discretion there. Grill and smoker are welcome. I'll provide whatever you want to cook up, plus beer will be in the fridge. Tractor overhaul man doesn't need any help. I think he's back to working on it now. Ed took care of the smoke screw setting on the pump. Not exactly sure how it's set, but he said that she'll bark. And I trust him fully. And if anybody (non-female, that is) tries to hug me, they're out of here! Darrel
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:41pm
Dang it Darrel, ye took all the fun out ah not being able to torque the smoke screw...Disapprove
... So Shameless, ye gots ur greese gun all chraged up????????  So as we can grease them rafters where all them dirty birds roost??? an maybe some steer in wheels? Ermm  Wonders what ol Darrel will say when his sheds all slippery clean... LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:48pm
Hang fire,,,,this is beginnin to sound like it might become a barn burner,trip,,,,Chit Shameless, ole JC and they.ll prolly pick up ole Thad along the way and,,,, and even coax ole Les out of retirement,,,,, er Darrel ya got plenty of room,,,,? Reckon how many beds Shameless motor home gots....?
But ya.ll gots to keep them hugs to yourselfs!!!

Edited by desertjoe - 12 May 2018 at 9:49pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 11:05pm
sleeps 4. me in the top bed, one on the couch with one dog, one on the recliner, and one on the floor with the other dog
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:53am
Is Shamers goin ta picks ye up Joe???
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:52pm
Yes he can fit you in no problem.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 5:45pm
Well,,, ya see,,,, i'm pretty good bout snoring,,,,Shameless,,Sooooo,, shouldn't we put ME in the top bunk alone,,,?? chit I wouldn't want to keep your puppies awake,,, unless they snore too,,,in which case they can keep my feets warm,, ole Darrel knows bout them COLD Dakota nites,,,,chit,, hopin nobody brings up a,,,,a,,,gasp,,tent.......yikes,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 5:58pm
Hey,,,, thats a GREAT IDEA,,, JC,,,!!!!! He could just tie onto one of his 13 trailers (I counted em on Google Earth) and load the Chevy Allis on thar (ole Shameless just thinks i forgot),,,,,just slip by ole Thads place,, kiss him on the cheek,,,go by Creston's,,give him a peck and then just slip on down here,,,,,wait a minute,, ole MichaelV is on the way too,,,,,,
Ya see how easy it be, Shameless??
I'm chompin on the bit,,thinkin what I'm gonna have to do to get it runnin pretty quick,,,,,,
Get out the way,,,, Shameless is on the way,,,,,,,
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:30pm
I think ya'll needs a hug....an,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,I'm THINKIN about it......
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:07pm
Any of that huggin and cheek peckin wit me better be wit some gal...but I gots to get hay baled first...it got ready before I did...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:53pm
Ted....you been voted to gives ole Darrel the hugs!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Ted....you been voted to gives ole Darrel the hugs!

Don't you read very well.....? I posted above that any non-female tries to hug me and they are out of here. I do suppose that Mrs. Shamers could come up and hug me all......day.......long though. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:37pm

OH CHIT,,,this could get outa hand pretty quick seein as ya'll talkin bout,,,,UMMmmm,,,,,errrrr,,,I think I better just pass on this one,,,for now,,,
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:48pm
Joe Somebody take a camera and take pictures o this huggin. I'm just a hoping somebody let's us know when ol shameless leaves home. I think he's only about 1.5 hours west of me. For a small fee I mights slip over there and toss a couple ol wore out monkey wrenches in his winter working machine. I think I'll start a go fund me page tonight. Shucks it won't take me long to gets a couple million in it.   
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:08pm
man...rough crowd tonight! Darrel....me was think'in that we'd sneek out and shave one of them cows of yers, sprinkle sum super glue on ole Ted's head and flutter that hair down on his baldness. then you'd hafta freely feely to tell the dif! that would be more fun to watch than a ninja war!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:43am
I've watched "Crocodile Dundee" a time or two. Learned the technique of telling the difference by watching ole mick Dundee do his investigating. darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:07am
Ted...you is gonna be in trouble! LMAO
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:43pm
Lord have mercy 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic