This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Dads tractor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Dads tractor
    Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 7:11pm
My grandsons been working on my dads 37 wc.  This is what we have to show for it.
It means a lot to me because my dad bought it brand new.  But he died in 1941 its the first vehicle I learned how to drive.  I spent many hours on this little rascal.
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 7:21pm
 Hey Dipstick,,,That's a great lookin tractor,,you should be proud of the job they did,,,Clap Is the tractor stock?? Sure a lot of "iron" settin there under the fuel tank,,,?????
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 7:30pm
That’s awesome. My favorite. I wish mine was that far along. Mines the same year. We need to compare numbers. I love one owner tractors.👍
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 8:22pm
Very nice! Your grandson's are doing a great job.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 9:18pm
Joe, that's a GREAT Christmas present!!  I assume you're giving it to him...Wink  That'd make it a GREAT and unique Christmas!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:05pm
Looks good Joe, Merry Christmas to you and yours.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:07pm
that's a wonderful job done Dip! you should be proud! congrats
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Joe, that's a GREAT Christmas present!!  I assume you're giving it to him...Wink  That'd make it a GREAT and unique Christmas!

You misunderstood Ted,,,,,,,,,,,,, he rebuilt it FOR ME, and then gave it to me for Christmas.............

Needless to say,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm gonna keep treating them g-kids like little princes and princesses!

There's more to the story, but I'm tired now and need my nap.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 3:22pm
Wow! Great story. I guess I have it all wrong? I restored my dads tractor and gave it to his great grandson! 
Have fun with the tractor and the grand kids!
 Great looking restoration! He did a very nice job on the WC!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
BEK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 7:04pm
Great tractor! Get rid of the muffler.
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 7:49pm
Great story plus a great restoration.  You have reason to be proud.  Love those old "flat top" WC's and spoke wheels.  I have one that I still hope to restore "some day".
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 8:46pm
If I only knew when I was out there I could have taken it out for a ride.
Looks great they have done a great job
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:11pm
Well Joe, go gets yurseff that much needed nap and then come back and write us the autobiography of that ole WC an you...

So are ye goin to rent an 80 and put the old WC back to work?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:15pm
What a great job.  Flat Top WC the first tractor my father sold.  Your Father's tractor.  One you learned to drive on.  Very special tractor.  You should be proud.  Be sure it stays in the family.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Acdiesel View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:23pm
great postSmile
D19 diesel,D17 diesel SER.3 D14 NF,D14 WF, D15 SER.II wf
D15 SER.2 DIESEL,D15 ser.II nf
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
I'm a pharmacist (farm assist) with a PHD (post hole digger)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by BEK BEK wrote:

Absolutely not gonna happen!!!! When you learn something about Allis' you will find out the "slant exhaust pipe" came way before the 'upright " one did. In fact I don't think until the '"restyle" done in '38.

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:54pm
Great looking tractor!!👍👍
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 10:21pm
DIP;; looking good' i also like the old WC's' have 8 an still use a few.
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 10:38pm
Very cool to think the grandson can say he got to work on Great-grandpas WC. Those are memories in the making. And my bet is that tractor could be his someday, that's heirloom material there! 4 generations later and the same good ol WC tractor. Hoping for many more years to come for the 2 of you to enjoy old tractors together! Memories!!!
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
BEK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Dipstick In Dipstick In wrote:

Absolutely not gonna happen!!!! When you learn something about Allis' you will find out the "slant exhaust pipe" came way before the 'upright " one did. In fact I don't think until the '"restyle" done in '38.

My apologies. My comment was in reference to the muffler and not the "slant pipe". The unstyled WC's ran a straight pipe. But it's your tractor and your choice. And yes, I know little about a 1937 WC. Here's mine, also with an incorrect exhaust pipe.   

Edited by BEK - 27 Dec 2018 at 7:12am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 3:35pm
Got one of them old WC's I would like to sell, I can't run the crank anymore.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Dipstick In Dipstick In wrote:

You misunderstood Ted,,,,,,,,,,,,, he rebuilt it FOR ME, and then gave it to me for Christmas.............
Sorry Joe, but you misunderstood ME,,,, I figure you're giving it TO HIM somewhere down the road,,,,,,,,,er,,um,,, unless you're gonna give it to me?!?! LOL Big smile Wink Clap
Now that you've had your nap,,,,,as somebody famous would say; "And now the rest of the story"....we're waiting...
"Allis-Express"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 12:26am

[QUOTE=Dipstick In] My apologies. My comment was in reference to the muffler and not the "slant pipe". The unstyled WC's ran a straight pipe. But it's your tractor and your choice. And yes, I know little about a 1937 WC. Here's mine, also with an incorrect exhaust pipe.   
You are mistaken, they had the slant pipe as "std." but they had the muffler, 70212479, Used Prior Gasoline Eng. W-106509 For Wc & Wf Tractors as an option.
Now your day is not wasted, you've learned something.  That's what my dear ole dad always told me...
"Allis-Express"
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:48am
Diptick and BEK Would it be possible to provide a photo of each side of the engine and a close up of the front wheel/rims?

Orangeman
BEK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by orangeman orangeman wrote:

Diptick and BEK Would it be possible to provide a photo of each side of the engine and a close up of the front wheel/rims?

Orangeman

Hope this helps you out Orangeman.

orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:07am
BEK - Thanks so very much for the extra efforts to post the photos.  I have a 37 that needs a good going over.  Are the rims on the front 6 bolt 17"? 

I see your 37 has the kerosene engine as the hood is set up for the auxiliary fuel tank. 

Again, appreciate the nice photos!!!

Orangeman
BEK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by orangeman orangeman wrote:

BEK - Thanks so very much for the extra efforts to post the photos.  I have a 37 that needs a good going over.  Are the rims on the front 6 bolt 17"? 

I see your 37 has the kerosene engine as the hood is set up for the auxiliary fuel tank. 

Again, appreciate the nice photos!!!

Orangeman

6 Lug 16" Rims.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:13pm
BEK's carb and mine on my tractor are bothe dual-fuel carbs, where they are are started on gas,,,,,,,,,,,,, warmed up and then switched from gasoline to tractor fuel,(normally kereosene but it couls also be one of several others depending on ambient tremperatures.

They both are 6 hole rims which is correct.
that never made sense,,,,,,,,,, 5 hole in 35-36,,,,,,,,,,,, 6 hole in 37,,,,,,,,,,,, and back to 5 hole from then on forever thru the models...................
Always wondered what the reason,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 6:49am
BEK and Dipstick - Hope to work on my 37 WC soon.  Appreciative of the good insights. 

All the best in the New Year!

Orangeman
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 9:20am
What Allis Chalmers used the blue hood lettering like this one? Did it go by year or models?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic