This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My AMEX issues ALL Done.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My AMEX issues ALL Done.
    Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 2:53pm
Sent LAST payment to AMEX last week, Confirmed cleared bank and a ZERO balance, so last evening after work, called and Cancelled the damn Card, had to speak to FOUR different Individuals to Confirm really wanted to cancel.  Then wanted to know reasoning so the last fellow got both barrels.  Noted that I will NOT EVER even if last remaining hardware store on the planet step into a Home Depot EVER again.  The Store ALLOWED whoever did this to buy $10,000 of Gift Cards.  That was reduced initially to $9500, then TWO Months later $2000 remained unused so as could SEE the Gift Card Numbers cancelled those.  Asked as to WHY the other cards were NOT cancelled Day Of, they had NO Answer, but Yes did have the Numbers.

Also noted to AMEX, Will NOT EVER give a Positive reference as their FRAUD System is Flawed and worthless, as I did NOT spend thousands on our cards over the last several years is Obvious I owed Them not they to Me so to that also noted I will be placed on a DO NOT EVER MAIL Anything NOT A SINGLE item beyond Final Statement or will file a Harassment Suit, fellow Noted and would make according notations Address, Email and Name.

Fellow tried to convince needed to Keep the cards, explained I already had enough of a BAD experience and would be noting that to EVERYONE I could let know.  He stated sorry one last time then agreed cards were Cancelled.

Edited by DMiller - 22 Jun 2024 at 2:57pm
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 7:03pm
Home Depot sure ain’t what it used to be, though that wasn’t much to write home about in the first place. Never have had an American Express card. Do get offers from them, but never bothered.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 8:45pm
Have only ever had a single credit card since 1985 when in the Navy. Haven't paid a nickle in interest to them in over 20 years as really just don't use it any longer but kept current as a "just in case" type thing. I have a debit card so write very few paper checks any longer also. With everything remittance related now automated, seldom a need for a paper checking book, or register. 

Don't really shop the Home Depot, or Lowe's much at all. Every now and then I'll price check them for something needed but usually the Menards chain is a bit less expensive. Lowe's does give a military discount that can come into play, but it's seldom more cost effective than Menards.

For dimension lumber I don't use the box stores at all. A smaller, locally owned yard will ensure you get good lumber without you having to sort through dozens of twisted boards. Cost is a bit more, but if you don't like it they take it back without problems. 
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 9:09pm
have a VISA card for 40 years.. Use it every day. 95% of purchases go on the card..Now it is CHASE VISA... Gas, Food, supplies, electic bill, water bill, insurance, etc.... Have maybe had 2 "occurances" in the last 20 years... VISA caught it / cancelled card / took care of it / sent me new card...

I carry $100. in my wallet and that lasts 2 months if not more..

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Jun 2024 at 9:09pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 11:30pm
Debit Card on your bank account sounds good - BUT  - it's not as secure as a Credit Card 
Credit Card has more safety built in  as a debit card if skimmed or compromised can wipe out you full bank account and your at the banks mercy until resolved . 
 Credit Card only allows you to dispute charges - resolve issues - and continue on with life with bank account untouched  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2024 at 4:12am
Steve, got our own Chase Visa, get a kickback of sorts on it for expenditures and used it for last trip on the bike. The Amex was gotten for Delta Airlines miles when were doing more long distance travel and on air, came in handy a time or two but about all, got a reasonable discount on lodging on it on last two week scoot run in 2012.
The Visa was the other card lost, a couple charges had been made and had already shut down, the perps could not gain on it and am keeping it.

Amex gained little here, heard tell they are financially beaten down as to fraud currently and only getting worse, good riddance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic