This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My A/C Big Ten-HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkMeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My A/C Big Ten-HELP
    Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 8:32pm
Hi Allis Chalmers friends, I need some guidance. A fellow A/C friend is willing to sell me his HB-212 but my wife says I can't have another toy until I sell an existing one. I currently own a Big Ten and an Agco Allis 514h. The Big Ten is in beautiful condition and I've owned the 514h since new (low hours & in really nice condition). They are both garaged. I have been marketing them on ebay, the Simple TrACtor web-site, and facebook. I have not even had a nibble. Any idea where I can find someone interested? Outside of getting to keep both PLUS get the HB-212 my dream scenario would be to sell the 514h so that I could keep the Big Ten and purchase the HB-212. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 9:45pm

Its a nice Big Ten but I think you'll have a tough time getting $1000 for it. You should be able to sell the 514H when the grass is growing a little more.

10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
ajossund View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajossund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 10:29pm
It is a beautiful Big Ten. Don't pass up the HB-112 I bought one several years ago, awesome machine, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 8:23am

Sorry to hear of your wife's ultimatum.  The big ten is a Keeper!! And if you brought the 514 new that would be hard to sell! You need to add the 3rd tractor somehow! As good HB212's are hard to find. And would be 2nd on my list to keep! I'm glade I don't have that problem! My wife use to ask (years ago) why we needed another tractor or terra tiger. I do owe her a few things yet around the house. Big smile

5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
MarkMeg View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkMeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 7:47pm
Thanks for the input. I may have to put the 514h outside with a cover.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 6:27am
First mistake is you said somethin' to your wife! Should've just went out and got the HB212 and slid it in the garage. Slide the 514H out back. Done deal. Woo Hoo! A Dream come true! JoAnna gets mad when I bring somethin' home and it doesn't run yet, cause she wants to drive it around and rip up lawn like she does with her B110. She's waiting for me to get the 620 I brought home this past Fall runnin'. She was on the Small Engine Warehouse website the other night lookin' at re-powers.  Sheesh!!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
rdmanone View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdmanone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:08pm
I guess I'm the lucky one.  I've got 6 of the old B10's and Simplicity tractors and my wife don't mind.  
MarkMeg View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkMeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:56pm
Well, in the spirit of total disclosure it's really not my wife's fault. Our little single car garage is crammed full with my two current garden tractors and my 1967 Pontiac GTO. Jenn is actually quite understanding but even she has her limits. I've just got to get a bigger garage or one less toy. Oh, and if you're going to tell me to just put the extra one in my living room: don't. The living room is currently crammed full with my 1954 AMI jukebox and huge record collection. I really am blessed.
ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 2:23pm
TELL THE WIFE "YOUR SURE GOING TO MISS HER" ------LOL
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic