Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT Steve, Trump wants to repaint Air Force ONE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT Steve, Trump wants to repaint Air Force ONE
    Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:11pm
Do you s'pose DT wants to have it repainted in solid GOLD ?Stern Smile  Ermm  LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:42pm
Thought he made a deal to replace the present one - buying a plane that someone else canceled the contract on and Boeing was stuck with 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 5:13pm

Your both right..............

President Trump is reportedly hoping to make the high skies great again with a new and improved patriotic paint job for Air Force One that “looks more American,” in addition to requesting bigger, more comfortable beds on board. 

Axios reported this week that POTUS has a few specific wishes for the pair of Boeing 747s that are currently in the works to replace the presidential jets in use now. Citing an unnamed source, the outlet recalls that Trump personally negotiated the $4 billion dollar deal in the Oval Office with Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg in February for the new planes.

The president reportedly wants the jets to be outfitted in a color scheme that "looks more American" and replace the iconic robin’s egg blue declared a "Jackie Kennedy color.” Technically termed "luminous ultramarine", the plane’s current design was selected by President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jackie Kennedy in the 1960s, Axios reports.

Trump’s preferred color scheme would incorporate red, white and blue. In addition, the commander in chief is said to want bigger, more comfortable beds, like those of his personal Boeing 757, in favor of what Axios describes as the current “couch-like sleeping configuration” aboard Air Force One.

Wish lists aside, the outlet notes that Trump may only get to enjoy a ride aboard his dream jet if he makes it into a second term, reporting that the new pair of 747s are “very unlikely” to be ready before Jan. 20, 2021.

Edited by steve(ill) - 15 Jul 2018 at 5:15pm
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 6:29pm
What's everybody's opinion on John Deere green with yellow wings?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Walker Walker wrote:

As I understand it, under current law, Obama cannot be reelected
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:19pm
I was given the understanding that the 747's had been retired, and 767's were replacing them. I didn't know they were sticking with the 747
Wait for the Lord;
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

I had in mind for after Tram's upcoming coup. There is little doubt the messiah will be reinstated.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:36pm

I had in mind for after Tram's upcoming coup. There is little doubt the messiah will be reinstated.

Ya, I was just being funny...yellow wings! LOL wife says I have a warped sense of humor
Wait for the Lord;
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:21pm
Lou, it seems like the 747 were built for some foreign nation and then they folded on the contract ????  TRUMP found out about the two planes in Boeing stock and got a " special deal" to have them remanufactured as AF1 ? .......... at least I think that was the way it went. ?
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:25pm

The new Air Force One will be jumbo jets left over from a bankrupt Russian airline

Aug. 7, 2017, 11:31 AM

On Friday, the US Air Force confirmed that it has purchased two Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental commercial airliners that will be converted over to serve as the nation's next generation presidential transports.

The decision to purchase ready-made commercial airliners instead of custom-built aircraft is part of President Trump's plan to keep the costs of the Presidential Airlift Recapitalization program under control.

"This award is a significant step toward ensuring an overall affordable program," Principal deputy assistant secretary of the Air Force for acquisition, Darlene Costello, said in a statement. "As we move forward, we will continue to seek and implement cost savings opportunities."

The USAF expects to begin the conversion process in 2019 with the planes set to enter service in 2024— at which point the current pair of Boeing 747-200-based VC-25A will be 34 years old.

Edited by steve(ill) - 15 Jul 2018 at 9:31pm
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 7:09am
Paint her up RED-WHITE and BLUE. Put a flag all over her.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:46pm
GEES Pinball........... you trying to make the LiberTARDS FREAK OUT even more ?  They are close to the edge now... that might PUSH THEM OVER !!   GO FOR IT ! Hug
Steve Bright View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:27pm
After today and the Dumpster believes Putin over anyone in the USA, including the Justice Department, I think he will probably paint the new Air Force one with the RUSSIAN flag on it's side

Edited by Steve Bright - 16 Jul 2018 at 2:15pm
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:12pm
Oh your liberal tears are soooo darn goooood!
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:30pm
POOR PISSER...... when the DOJ and FBI clean out the SWAMP and become a Law force for the PEOPLE, then we can back them........... what I see right now is hellery / Jarrot / COmey, CIA, Strokey and and dozen other SWAMP PEOPLE fighting Justice and the American people by battling TRUMP.
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:40pm

I was given the understanding that the 747's had been retired, and 767's were replacing them. I didn't know they were sticking with the 747

Air Force One a two engined craft?  Not likely.

...and no, Obama could be elected again.
1951 B
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Steve Bright Steve Bright wrote:

After today and the Dumpster believes Putin over anyone in the USA, including the Justice Department, I think he will probably paint the new Air Force one with the RUSSIAN flag on it's side

have another lick, brightboy...Wink

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Lou, it seems like the 747 were built for some foreign nation and then they folded on the contract ????  TRUMP found out about the two planes in Boeing stock and got a " special deal" to have them remanufactured as AF1 ? .......... at least I think that was the way it went. ?

thanks Steve, I missed that one
Wait for the Lord;
JohnH123 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnH123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 7:08pm
Ignorance is curable- stupidity is not. ~427435

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic