This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More AC Crawlers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More AC Crawlers
    Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 5:40pm
Here are some I have gotten rid of..... Hated to, but had to draw down.... Hope I'm doing this right.....
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:02pm
What's with the narrow left tracks?  In the last photo.  Great looking machines!
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:45pm
They were used for pulling 'sugar beet harvesters" and that was to keep that side of the tractor off the beets.  Tried street pads to help equalize the traction between the 2 sides, but they really had more than enough power.... the soil in the Imperial Valley of Calif tends to get almost as hard as rock in the Summer heat.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 10:44pm
How new was the HD6E. It looks like a very late model. I wish I could find one like it.
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 11:34pm
Its abouit a '66 or "76 vintage, been repainted........
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 11:35pm
That was meant to be a "66 or "67  s/m 18909......
James Coons View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Coons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 12:41am
Thats a nice looking HD21!  Don't happen to know if she's still around somewhere do you?
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 3:40pm
Hi ac sd. Now that is a great collection of AC crawlers; thanks for posting !
Now don,t be shy ! tell us all about each one and actually what model they all are.
HD21P on the transporter looked tidy, but suppose you didn,t need powershift if your doing mainly drawbar work ?
The HD6EP looks just like one a friend of mine in australia just bought from california too, in fact s/n 18908, so is either yours or its sister !
Cheers mate, and keep up the great work !
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
mdtractormechanic View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdtractormechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 4:11pm
I worked on many Fiat Allis trackers and a few Allis Chamlers ones. They were good, hardworking machines!
Joe's 1939 Model WC, 1940 Model RC, 1944 & 1950 Model C's, B-125 PU
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 11:04pm
For HD6 Merv,  My HD-6EP had a unique ROPS shape, it was sold again about a year ago on craigslist..... Was an excellent little dozer, hope Your Mate got it !!!!!  Hd-21 was used to build and maintain haul roads in the mountain areas primarily, was a nice machine ( I had a D8H also, both very good machines...) Several of the HD-16's were wrecked for parts, an HD16 w a 21,000 series engine that I sold to another Rancher Friend would walk right past His D8 with an 18 foot disc in the foothills here in San Diego. I had a D8 36A that would pull with it though. The AC's were easier for me to work on (???... none are all that easy, but...) and generally didn't require a whole lot of special tooling which helped.  I've noticed many on the Forum have fabricated tools to assist, all of us likely have stories in that regard.... I really appreciate what 'You Folks Down Under" have done to keep these great old machines going !!!!!    Cheers !!!!!
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:06am
Gidday ac sd, got a email from my mate, seems its yours. Said you,ve got some HD6Es as well, so put some pics up of them too, and a story or 3 !  lol.
Your HD16 must have had some serious puha under its bonnet to keep up with a 36A D8H as they do have balls. Were they 16D or AG models ?
yeah alot guys down here had to do alot to keep gear going, as we,re along way from the US for parts. Also our pacific peso only buys about 80 cents on a good day ! Has gone down to 50 cents at times. Now that does make us cry over parts prices !
Yes they can all be difficult to work on. I thought ACs powershift ones were worse than cats p/s tho. But AC had alot of other good designs. HD6s and 16s were very popular here.
Thanks for you pics, take care.    Merv
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:31am
Hi Merv,,  That HD-16 had a 21000 Mk II so it had been seriously "goosed up"......  Cheers.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic