This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model B Flat Tire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model B Flat Tire
    Posted: 14 Oct 2024 at 9:11pm
Never expected this, but my  AC Model B has a flat tire. What is the process for repairing it? Do I need to remove the entire wheel? Does the rim separate from the wheel while the wheel stays in place on the tractor? Can someone steer me someplace where I can find step-by-step instructions?  Instructions are not in the manuals and I never had to deal with this before now.  I would prefer not to take the entire tractor to a shop and have them do the work. If possible, I would like to take the wheel or rim with tire in place and have them repair it. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2024 at 10:12pm
if you are talking about a Model B Farm tractor.... the front rim/ tire is held on by 5 bolts, just like an automobile. Remove the bolts and the rim / tire comes off..

If your talking about the rear tire ... the center hub stays on the tractor. The tire / rim is help on by 4 bolts, 5/8 inch diameter .... there are 4 CLAMPS that wedge the rim to the hub... Jack the tire 1 inch off the ground and remove the 4 bolts / nuts/ clamps and the rim / tire will come off..

Edited by steve(ill) - 14 Oct 2024 at 10:24pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2024 at 10:13pm
If it’s the same as my brothers ib than it’s just 5 bolts (I think a 5/8” wrench) and the rim will be removed.
steve(ill) I think we just posted at the same time…. Ha ha

Edited by 55allis - 14 Oct 2024 at 10:15pm
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2024 at 10:19pm
dont see a movie on the ALLIS... but this is very similar.... look at the 7:30 time mark and you will get the idea..

Monk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 20 minutes ago at 5:36am
Sorry I didn't specify.  It's the rear tire. Appears to be an issue with the tube or valve stem.  In either case, the tire may have to come off in order to repair unless I can leave the tire on the rim; take one side off the rim in order to remove the tube and replace or repair it.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 34 minutes ago at 6:22am
It will be easier for them if it's mounted to the tractor
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 2 minutes ago at 9:54am
 In either case, the tire may have to come off in order to repair unless I can leave the tire on the rim; take one side off the rim in order to remove the tube and replace or repair it.

You have to break the bead on BOTH SIDES, to move the tire on the rim far enough to get the tube out... Normally you will REMOVE the tire and clean / inspect the rim , then reinstall ONE SIDE of the tire, install the new TUBE and then pop the other side of the tire over the rim.... as i said above, just take the 4 clamps off and load the tire up in the truck and take to the TIRE GUY...
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 26 minutes ago at 10:30am
I’ve done (and plenty more to go) dozens of rear tractor tires, and only did one on a tractor. An A-C B rear tire is small enough to handle by hand so in my case it’s easier to remove the rim and all so I can move, flip around, and break the bead.
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic