This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing tire changing stories

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing tire changing stories
    Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 11:28am
The guy asking about tires over on the equipment side made me think of Eldon out in Washington and his swapping tires around. I know he sold part of his acreage and got a place in another state I think it was.  But it seems like a real long time since he posted anything. Anybody know if he is still kicking.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 1:10pm
AWOL for about 3 months...

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 1:19pm
Eldon posts on Facebook, just seen he was selling cornstalks for fall decorations. He still does onions and sweetcorn, but has dialed it back a bit.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 1:42pm
well...in the 'missing tire' stories , I'll say.....
went to put air in all the %%&** aluminum rims of my F150, decided, yeah, guess I'll check the spare for air...hmm, WTF, WHERE'S the SPARE ?????
Sometime in the past 2-3 years, some where, it fell OFF the truck, as well as the steel strap and cable !!!
I know it didn't come off on a highway ,else the cops wouldhave been banging on my door. Spent 1/2 day refurbing a crank unit, finding a good spare and installing all of it. Yes, IT's still there as of me typing this ....

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 2:44pm
I'm with you Ray, always enjoyed Eldon's projects/stories too.
BPM75 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BPM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

went to put air in all the %%&** aluminum rims of my F150, decided, yeah, guess I'll check the spare for air...hmm, WTF, WHERE'S the SPARE ?????
Sometime in the past 2-3 years, some where, it fell OFF the truck, as well as the steel strap and cable !!!
I know it didn't come off on a highway ,else the cops wouldhave been banging on my door. Spent 1/2 day refurbing a crank unit, finding a good spare and installing all of it. Yes, IT's still there as of me typing this ....

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm laughing with you Jay, I've had that happen to me twice, lucky enough both times to find the tire. Heard it come off once and the other time it was in the middle of my driveway and found it when I left the next morning, Lol
Jay

59 D17 gas nf, 66 XT 190, 69 220.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by BPM75 BPM75 wrote:

Sometime
in the past 2-3 years, some
where, it fell OFF the truck, as well as the steel strap and cable !!!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm laughing with you Jay, I've had that happen to me twice, lucky enough both times to find the tire. Heard it come off once and the other time it was in the middle of my driveway and found it when I left the next morning, Lol
Jay

Back when I hauled target bales for the archery club, I would back in the truck dock to load. The bales were dropped in. After leaving, got a call from the load out operator. Said my spare was laying in the dock
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 7:56pm
Eldon is the best!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:58am
Found my spare tire off the GMC the following morning laying in the barn driveway.  

As if a cable and all that crap ain't going to rust something awful in that environment.  By that time, the rim is shot and the tire won't hold air anyway.  

How do you figure the cops would be banging on your door?  Is your VIN on the tire?  Did you write your name and address on it?  Seems if it ain't in your driveway or garage......it's "out there" somewhere.

Edited by Tbone95 - 17 Sep 2021 at 6:59am
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:48pm
Wink Since nobody wants to wrestle tractor or combine tires LOL truck spare tires stories are good. I have lost one on a field road. Needed one on the 75 Chevy and found it flat Cry. Several neighbors drove up Angry all late for a appointments of some kind. Limped 3/4 of mile to the first place and they pumped it up.Clap

Helped the owners son at the vineyard, took 2 hours to get the cable ratchet to let the spare down. And it was a Caly truck so no salt and rust.

I know people that found their cable cut nice and clean and no spare. Wink Tire grew feet and walked away.LOL So Jay did yours fall off or Confused did it grow feet.Wink
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 7:03am

Jay

Years ago a buddy was telling a story about a family member of his wifeโ€™s.   They were driving down I-75 by Flint and heard a odd sound under there vehicle.   They look in the mirror and apparently their spare tire came loose.  They quickly pulled over and ran up to it someone else was stopped at the tire.   She said I donโ€™t know where that came from but grabbed the tire and said we better get this off the road before someone gets hurt and rolled it to her pickup and put it in and took off.  
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

Eldon posts on Facebook, just seen he was selling cornstalks for fall decorations. He still does onions and sweetcorn, but has dialed it back a bit.

I also see him on various Allis Facebook pages itโ€™s 2 million times easier to post pics anywhere but here.  
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic