This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

milwawkee tools

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: milwawkee tools
    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:13pm
went to a local farm store today, they said stuff was on sale. tried to get a milwakee battery operated 1/2 inch impact unit. on sale it was $249.00, then i'd hafta buy the battery and the charger separate for $299.00. PffffT! told them they could keep their tool, i can't see why i hafta buy a battery and charger separate from the wrench there when it all comes together in other stores at a cheaper price! the manager says all the companies are like that! i see he's doing the same thing with the dewalt tools there too. any ya'll running into this?
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:20pm
Selling kits with several tools and 2 batteries and 1 charger and at higher prices . 
Back when I was working at school former guy had several Riobi tools with dead batteries , cost more to get new batteries that to buy another drill and a 4 1/2 " saw in a kit with 2 batteries so i did it that way . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:22pm
Most of the time it’s tool only now days unless you buy a big multi tool kit.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:08pm

Well,,my #3 Son gave me one of those Milwaukee "KITS" that had 2 batteries, one BIG and one small. Had a sawsall, a 3/8" impact and a big drill. Plus the charger. That right there is the absolute best'est tools I've ever used. The drill has an adjustable ring that if you set it at the torque notch,,,,,you best have your best GRIP on thet sob cause it fixin to try to break your wrist,,,I'll tell you for sure,,,!!!  My wrist is hurtin right now just thinkin about the two times I F,''UP LOLLOL
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:50pm
I have pretty much given up on cordless tools, too many times the chargers go kaput, then nothin.
Granted, I am not a mechanic, or a craftsman, but am comfortable with a wrench in my hand. All the power tools I use are plug, the cordless and accessories are in a box in the corner of the shop.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:49am
The only thing I use much any more of my Milwaukee tool set is the grease gun.  The batteries are almost $100 now and that's ridiculous.  When these batteries go kaput, I'm done with Milwaukee.  I really like my Rigid set.  If you register the tools and the batteries are guaranteed for life.  Ergo, no more batteries to buy.  I have never done an in depth study, but I would compare them as equal.  No more batteries to buy!!!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:02am
Milwaukee stuff is very nice, but like buying DEERE it is VERY EXPENSIVE... I bought the Son a  BIG SET of Craftsman 20v last CHristmas.. It was about $350... Got skill saw, recip saw, grinder, impact, drill,  lights, charger, two batteries and more... Then i took his older 19.2v system and combined with mine so i have more BACKUP ( he didnt have a disc grinder and that alone was $175.  w/o battery) ..  I think i use the hex impact  and drill every week.  Grinder comes in real handy out in the field when no 120v available... I use a 7 1/4 inch 13 amp 120v saw when in the garage, but the battery powered stuff is great outside of that.

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Dec 2020 at 9:04am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:50am
I picked up a Ryobi Circular saw.  It sure has been handy working outside.  No cord dragging and it's real easy on the battery.  And it cuts real nice.  Light weight.  Cutting dimension lumber like butter with a hot knife.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:21am
I am on the level with Lars...I do not use tools often enough to keep the batteries working.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:14pm
Really like my DeWalt tools and I buy replacement batteries from Batteries Plus. Except for the kits just about all the tools are "bare" you just have to watch the pricing. Got a 1/2" Earthquake impact from Horrible Fright and at 1200 ft. lbs. it is a hoss. But it came with no battery or charger.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:18pm
On a side note wife and I went to Lowe's today to get an artificial Christmas tree to use at the church RU program. Big sign said "all pre lit trees 25% off" but at checkout it rang up at regular price. I called their bluff and got the discount but how many sheeple would have not said anything. You have to watch all of them close.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:24pm
I use DeWalt cordless for a lot of things, But I had to buy 3 big batteries from on line place they were about $200. They charge quick and hold a charge good. I use a small DeWalt impact driver for tapping trees each spring. Have used the cordless tools a lot this year with the shop project too 20 volt adapters on older 18 volt tools. 
Sometimes I have bought both a corded version and a cordless too. like 4-1/2 inch grinder I have both.  Just handy to walk out to a small project with a cordless and get it done. I havent bought any tools in a couple years. I know the price is high and batteries, well they got you!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 1:32pm
I bought Porter cable and they built my house just had to buy some new batteries and found some on the internet cheaper than any where else.
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 8:04pm
Got a Milwaukee 9 a/h 18v battery soon after gettin impact gun. Battery guarantee was 2 years. went kaput just weeks before guarantee ran out. Store said no more 9 a/h so for extra 50 bucks replaced with new series 8 a/h. I like the tools but don't know how reliable batteries are gonna be long term.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic