This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Might be Allis?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Might be Allis?
    Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 1:56am
I don't run enough download to do videos etc but one comment mentions an Allis 45 - which it don't look like

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/archives/29146-Turbo-tractor.html
Sponsored Links

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 1:59am
This was via

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/2016/12/honey-i-finishe-510.html

where the comments might be interesting
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 4:51am
Pretty sure that video came from europe, and the tractor is a volvo...

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/9yHl24QynOM[/TUBE]

Edited by DiyDave - 08 Dec 2016 at 4:57am
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 6:21am

WTF   Your first link locked up my computer.

Gary
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 8:23am
In the 1970's I installed a Chevrolet V8 in an agricultural tractor. The low end torque of the V8 was not good. The tractor was too fast to do useful work. Later I did the design work for putting a turbo on a Ferguson TO35. The integration of the tractor governor was problematic.
It is easier to make a spectacular but useless tractor than it is to improve performance of a tractor that you expect to do tractor work.

Archie Bunker
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 8:41am
I KNOW for a fact ,slapping a 304V8 into a 73 CJ-5 was a loser... had an inline 6.
BIG Loss of low end torque( as in snowplowing, offroading)...
Scary going down the highway though as top end was real good...

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:42am
Jay : 
 Funny you say that as i had a C101 Jeep Commander - it had the (AMC built) Buick V6 and a GM turbo 400 trany - it plowed snow well except the short wheel base caused it to do many sideways skids while plowing heavy snow . (besides the fact AMC did not have a decent heater and you froze in the thing)

That Buick V6 was made by AMC after they bought the rights from GM when they changed to a straight 6 and 4 cyl i their compact cars - then only to buy the V6 back from AMC when the GM engines failed with customer satisfaction. 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:50am
Yup have to get a motor with similar rpm ratings for the torque or the gearing will be all wrong. I have been debating what motor I want to put into an old farmall h for that very reason. Really want to try to make a diesel out of it just cause I can. Oh well right now it is just a dream too many other things I need to do with my time and money.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 6:16pm
What really makes a difference, is that the torque curve of ag motors is much lower than most automotive motors...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic