This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mice repellent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mice repellent
    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:17am
Has anybody heard or used PB blaster to keep mice out. I was once told it worked, and you get a rust preventive also.

Edited by Mikez - 09 Mar 2018 at 9:20am
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:12am
I think the research was paid for by the makers of PB Blaster to sell more PB Blaster. Big smile
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:53am
Guy that worked at the town had told me he would spray the inside of gen sets and stopped the mice problem and helped with rust.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:49pm
We use feral cats.  They work great!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:16pm
We always used moth balls or flakes around our seed piles, and that seemed to slow down or even stop them.
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:37pm
My daughter has a Subaru wagon she doesn't drive much and has been putting drops of peppermint oil around the interior.  Says it keeps the mice out, (or maybe she just can"t smell them anymore, lol)
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:30am
My neighbor swears by those dryer sheet things.  Puts em in his camper and never has a problem now.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:22pm
Gotta use Downy dryer sheets. Other brands don't work.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:35pm
bar of irish spring soap is what i was told to try,      it seems to work and makes a good air freshoner
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:55pm
Ok thanks. I was hopping to get the benefit of the rust inhibitor. IV been spraying oil up in my rockers on my truck to help with rust. Been sense like summer that I did last. And it's sat at the shop that's doing the work to it for about a week and them suckers started building in the one rocker. That's where I want to spray up into after I vacuum the nest out.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:13pm
yep...like Trucker says, gotta be Downy dryer sheets, all others are just nesting material. I've used peppermint oil, soaked into stuff it'll soak into and laid all around in cabs and campers, also used "mouse out" packages and placed them all over in areas where mice might come in. I also use the very sweet fragrant candle wax...the kind you put in a melting pot. I have them all over inside my semi trailer shop, and that seems to work well. only one place it didn't seem to matter what I put in that would deter mice, that was inside the console of my IH combines. finally took the outside panel off after harvest and that solved that problem, put the panel back on before the next harvest.    
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

Gotta use Downy dryer sheets. Other brands don't work.

That must be the case, I tried bounce in my snowmobile one year, just gave them building materials!!! Now I feed them Tom Cat bait chunks. If they are eating the poison, they aren't eating wiring!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:10pm
For my 180 I broke old style moth balls in two and laid a chunk in each brake rod pockets, no nests since there.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 3:47pm
Every year after harvest, I start daily baiting a half dozen Victor mouse traps with fresh peanut butter and place them inside cabs of tractors, combine, trucks, & car. I usually catch 30-40 mice each year. Takes a few minutes each day for about 4-5 weeks of checking traps each morning. After that, I may check once a week & get the really sly ones (2-3 more) before planting times rolls around. Early winter cold temps push them inside cabs.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic