This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mice!!!! causing clucth problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve fischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mice!!!! causing clucth problems
    Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:10am
I have had two d17 tractors come in my shop for foot clutch problems  pulled both apart and found mouse nests , wow , gets in p/ plate so bad they do not release , anyone else is this ,not fun to work on smells bad
Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:19am
Nope I gots Cats. I sometimes get mad at them for leaving paw prints all over my freshly washed windshields and knocking stuff of the shelves in the tractor shed. But I haven't had mouse chewed interiors in a long time. there is usually a cat sleeping in the tractor seat that needs evicting before I can take the tractor out.
steve fischer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve fischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:24am
I have cats to, these tractors are customers, should I be putting something in bell housing
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:25am
When I bought my first D-14, Troy, in 2000..the bell housing was FULL of 'mouse house'. I mean JAMMED packed !! The starter was so full it wouldn't spin by hand !!!
I'm thinking the missing  bottom, circular cover plate 'might' have had something to do with it.....
get a LOT of mouse traps and make them more inviting than you tractors. I hear Bounce sheets are good mouse repellants,can you stick a few in there?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:47am
The mice nested in the box of bounce sheets in my camper. Moth balls didn't work. Those electronic pest repellents didn't work. If your customers tractor comes in full of mouse house nothing you do at your shop is going to help. If used Tom Cat bait stations it kills them then you windup finding dead mice in the hardest place to remove them from. Lots of mouse traps or cats are them only way. At the farm we put several traps in each piece of equipment in the fall when we store them. One of the other guys spread an hour every day emptying and resetting traps. The farm cats can't get in the tractors,trucks or combines so the mice get in to hide. It usually takes a month of trapping mice every day till we don't catch any more. Since doing that we haven't had to rewrre or recover any seats.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:00pm
Had that happen to a truck one time. My insurance covered the replace under comp!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:05pm
Got a 96 F-150 here right now with same problem.--Still can't see where they got in!--Did it in early Dec. last year, --truck still not fixed! thanks; ac fleet
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:57pm
mine was a Ford Ranger and there was a small inspection hole where they got in.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
SLB View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:26pm
My son left for the Air Force last summer.  Moved his Ranger yesterday and discovered a smell when I turned on the blower.  Found a nest pooled with urine and what not under the air filter...... 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:33pm
And it seems like mouse whizz is a better corrosive, than battry acid! Instant rust, where it hits! One time I was splittin a MF turf 20, that hadda tranny input seal leakin.  Hadn't been run in a while, and them stingin bumbly bees had moved into the mouse nest, only found them, when I split her!Thumbs Down
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:38pm
They also like to go thru the 2 clutch housing vents in top of housing. About 3/4" x 1 1/2" holes just above flywheel, I use a bit of steel wool held in with super glue to plug them when fixing the starter or clutch problems.
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:08pm
Give em a key hole and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Originally posted by Dakota Dave Dakota Dave wrote:

The mice nested in the box of bounce sheets in my camper. Moth balls didn't work. Those electronic pest repellents didn't work. If your customers tractor comes in full of mouse house nothing you do at your shop is going to help. If used Tom Cat bait stations it kills them then you windup finding dead mice in the hardest place to remove them from. Lots of mouse traps or cats are them only way. At the farm we put several traps in each piece of equipment in the fall when we store them. One of the other guys spread an hour every day emptying and resetting traps. The farm cats can't get in the tractors,trucks or combines so the mice get in to hide. It usually takes a month of trapping mice every day till we don't catch any more. Since doing that we haven't had to rewrre or recover any seats.
DAVE,,,,,WHERE in ND is there a place to get out of the snow and cold??  If YOU were a mouse, where would YOU GO??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic