This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MEL....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEL....
    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 1:08am
you still kick'in out there?
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:06am
There are other Curious minds that are wondering here too!! Hi Mel!!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 9:41am
Haven't heard that name in a while, sure hope he's OK
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:07pm
YEP!! alive and well. Thanks for the welfare check guys. Been following along almost everyday. Got lots of stuff I could post about...but every time I get time to do it I get an interruption...end of story.
   Truth be known I was supposed to be in Olathe Ks. last Sunday for my wife's aunts 100th birthday. Covid 19 cancelled that for us. Her aunts very healthy for 100...so that will still happen sometime. We were going to turn it into a 2 week drive with stops along the way. I had planned on stopping and visiting several of you guys that were along the way...was going to call it my "AC FORUM TOUR"...you know pass out hats and take pictures. Boy...just think about this.. if I could have got all the way up to NE. Nebraska..and got that coveted picture of Shameless dude with his hat! ...and with me also! WOW! would have been worth the whole trip.  Really wanted to get to Dave Millers project....Looks to be about a 3 hour drive from Olathe? Didn't know how time was going to be allowed...so didn't contact Dave....but now you know.   Talked to Brent Eggers (AC GURU)..he's in Parsons Ks....were going right through there.  Was going to stop and visit with CAL...look at there ACs and see the progress on his HD20...he's just of interstate 70 on the return trip.Looks like Rick Voiska tractors are not to far from Olathe either.So that was my AC TOUR plan
  So I have lots of stuff I would like to upload from our logging last year...have to get the videos off my phone and edit them...my Iphone is not as user friendly as my camera. If I can get these you tube videos loaded.. we'll see.
  So last year we acquired this HD6B from a friend...we'd been bugging him for many years....told him my grandson needed a tractor to learn how to skid logs...hope to post more logging videos.
  So after we were done logging....I gave him a quick lesson on road building...this is his first attempt
   [TUBE]ziKSxYCgzFw[/TUBE]

So earlier this week we also fired up an HD11B farm tractor...Trentons first tractor with hydraulic steering clutches.....Grandpas rules are you have to learn on a cable blade direct drive before you get to run a powershift with hydraulics..of course the HD6 had hydraulics...there was no other choice. David and I learned on...HD10...9s...11s...with cable.
[TUBE]dgeFUpqFIKM[/TUBE]  
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:08pm
Olathe to here just about 3.5 hour drive. 2+ Olathe/KC to Columbia MO, then another hour plus to Hermann and our place.

Ever figure the brakes out on your 7G? Had someone dialed the hydraulics fully off or the reliefs stick? I dialed mine WAY back and had to add just a little back on the Left side as was almost non existent for awhile.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 11:21pm
obviously another dude that has never seen a camera smashed all over a driveway huh? lol...are them rocks I hear the disk hitting? you are welcome here anytime MEL!
rickv57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickv57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 7:43pm
Mel, glad to hear all is well, if you get to make that trip you are more than welcome to stop by would like to visit, I hope to see you after the bug is over thanks Rick
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 8:37pm
that was one of my first lessons run it to the top and stop  without two blocking and breaking the cable
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 10:06am
Thanks guys....If that party happens later this summer...I'll pass do to working....Dave.. never got around to the 7G brakes...we had hoped to use it when we were logging for misc. projects...but that didn't happen....hoping to use it in the restoration and clean up project though.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 1:38pm
Let me know if have questions, been dealing with mine long enough now!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic