This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medicine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medicine
    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 4:27pm
Has anyone ever or are taking a drug called Methotrexate? Wife is being treated for auto- immune and maybe RA. Doctor is wanting her to take this medicine. Side effects are scary. Thanks and have a good day. Gary
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:22pm
no but....
I'm POed about not being able to read those 'side effects' for drugs on TV. That itty,bitty micro font cannot be read by us normal humans and 'they' talk sooo fast I can't hear them either.
I would seriously weigh the  'pros' vs 'cons' for ANY drug. Ask the doc is HE has ever taken it, or someone HE knows. Ask to speak to THEM, first hand.
While some 'side effects' might be tolerable( IF you know they're coming.....) others might be so bad  you'd rather put up with th eoriginal problem.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 11:12pm
go to "drugs.com" that should tell you everything about any medicine. 
720g View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 720g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 11:18pm
Gary I took that drug for quite awhile for a auto immune problem. Had both iv and later I have myself injections at home with no noticeable side effects.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:23am

Hey Shameless,,,maybe I oughta try the Drugs,com site you mention,,,I've always used WEBMD.COM,,,but lately they have been saturated with pop-up commercials that is so danged irritating. Their database does have lots of good info on drugs tho,,,,Clap
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:21am
Not all people have the side effects!--- the companies state that you COULD, not WILL have them.
They state this to cover their azzes and eliminate lawsuits.
Everybody is different so you cant really go by what it does do or dont do to another person.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:15pm
Been around a very long time so it is generic
mayorjurko View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayorjurko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 4:27pm
Absorption during oral administration depends on the dose: when administered at 30 mg/m2, absorption is good, the average bioavailability is 60%. Absorption is reduced when administered in doses greater than 80 mg/m2. In children with leukaemia, absorption ranges from 23% to 95%. The time to reach Cmax is 40 min to 4 h. Food slows down absorption and reduces Cmax. Binding to plasma proteins is about 50%, mainly to albumin. In your case, you need a consultation; I recently took it at https://www.alveda.life/. You can go there too; they will help you.

Edited by mayorjurko - 21 Mar 2022 at 5:03pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 1:20am
was at the Doc's last Tuesday...she wanted to put me on some kinda pill for colesterol, i asked her what i could eat that was the natural way insteadv of pills? she wouldn't answer me! i told her i'll just eat more oats! she looked perturbed! 
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 5:45pm
I take it for the pain/stiffness/swelling in my hand caused by osteoarthritis. Probably due to 18+ years of repetitive motion at work. Also years of baling hay and other heavy/repetitive grasping/pulling jobs on the farm didn't help.

The medicine itself has no side affects for me and due to the potential problems if things get out of wack I have a doctor's appointment and blood work every 3-4 months. I tried extending the appointments out to 6 months but he said 4 months is "pushing it" for not getting tested. Take folic acid with it also. Luckily both are generics and the cost with insurance isn't too bad.

Downfalls? Lifestyle changes. I like my beer!! But the doctor recommends no alcohol as the medicine is tough on your liver. He said as long as my tests results came back good, which they have, a couple of beers a week (not a day) should be okay. 

Is it doing any good? I don't know. My hand hasn't gotten any worse or any better and it is the only part of my body that has it. 
ErinHenry552 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErinHenry552 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 5:17pm
This is a very serious drug that causes many side effects. However, they may not occur in every patient.
KingstonWallace View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingstonWallace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 5:27pm
As I know, this medicine slows down the body's immune system and helps to reduce inflammation. Methotrexate may cause very serious, life-threatening side effects. It would help if you only took methotrexate to treat cancer or certain other conditions that are very severe and that cannot be treated with other medications. Talk to your doctor about the risks of taking methotrexate for your condition. Your doctor should order certain lab tests before, during, and after your treatment to check your body's response to methotrexate and to treat side effects. Apart from medicine, I also studied in psychology degree colleges so that you can ask me any questions you want.

Edited by KingstonWallace - 18 Jul 2022 at 5:31am
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 5:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic