This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

meal time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: meal time
    Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:21pm
Hi all how long is acceptable to wait for a meal just been out to lunch after 1 1/2 hours of waiting for the last meal I asked for my money back and left. it was rost pork and veg .
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 7:10pm
I have waited 30- 40 minutes if its a NICE restaurant and crowded.... Most are a little faster than that.... after 1.5 hours i would have been LONG GONE..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 7:20pm
Yup,I'd say you have way more patience than I do, it only takes me about an hour and I'm already thinking about what the next meal is going to be,
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 9:08pm
What kind of place are we talking about? Pork roast says higher standards than MacDonald's and ground pig in the shape of rib bones on a bun in a sandwich. I am thinking sit down and you get a real plate with real fork and knife. But you got me with the asking for your money back.  This side the world in a sit down place you get feed before you pay. Just the fast food give it to you in bag places do we pay first.

One time a local fast food place we go to often had me thinking of asking for my money back at 45 minutes or so but the food showed up at that time.

A local sit down place on the cheaper side been here my whole life. First guy ran it 20 or 30 years and died. Place sat for several years until  another local got it bought, even kept the first guys name on it. Second guy is up in his 70's decided to sell. The 3rd owner is a out of towner and no clue what she knows. Kept the menu for the most part added just a little to it, claimed more made fresh less premade stuff.  The first bad sign new help less and less of the old help. About a month in going in once a week, the food tasted ok, but was only warn not hot when you got it. Even with the being a wino tourist town anymore still knew who 2/3 of the people where and 1/2 of those where every week like us. A week or 2 more and only 1 that had been there before and food took 10 or 15 minutes longer and most of it was plane cold.  So that was the end of going there.

Some months latter a out of town friend was going to viste and said meet you at Vick's for breakfast. So it was time to give them one more chance, a lot less people but food was still almost cold before you got it. This was just before the lock down, and they are still trying. But never has anybody waiting to get in anymore.

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 5:16am
Previous summer Jenny and I went to Hawaii ( the island Hawaii) the restaurants were so short staffed it would take that long always.
Here at local McDonalds in the morning drive up, the girl that takes your order will run up to the second window and give your food. That girl has worked there for years. They’re lucky to have her. Many times it’s just her and one other person.
Restaurants are dropping like flies here. Can’t get enough help to keep the doors open.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:32pm
Unless it is a 5-star Michelin restaurant and fully staffed and crowded I would have been long gone.  We eat a mom and pop diner down the road from us.  They are always looking for help and are always busy.  We just tell the girl to take of her other patrons and don't worry about us.  We have all the time we want.  But these girls that work there are very good, and I always tip them well so we always get good service.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic