This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Me and Consumer Cellular is NO MORE,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Me and Consumer Cellular is NO MORE,,,,
    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 7:34pm
  I know it ain't been too long that I was singing the praises of Consumer Cellular but things have changed and I am very upset with them to the point I have switched carriers for the wife's phone. We had been with Consumer Cellular almost 9 years and had not had a problem til a couple of months ago. When I was bringing the wife home from  her hospitalization in El Paso, Texas,,,I "lost" cell phone service bout halfway between El Paso and Carlsbad, NM. Not a good feeling as there ain't a soul between the two towns and if,,,,,
 When I got to C-Bad, I was able to contact CC and they tell me their new automated customer service now "suspends" your service if your payment is late BY THREE DAYS,,,3 friggin days????  Had to make a payment by phone to get service reestablished to BOTH phones with an additional charge for doing so,,,??  My Son offered to put me on his plan at a $20 per line with UNLIMITED minutes,,so I switched to Verizon, that is also when I got the IPhone 8 plus and love the heck out of it.
 Fast forward to last night bout 3 AM when she was tryin to call me to go help her and HER SERVICE had been suspended for ,,,can you believe this,,,, being late by 3 friggin days,,,I told the customer service to cram their service up as far as they possibly could as I was cancellin her phone as well. They called me back 3 times wantin to "talk" but I done already signed up with another provider and her new phone be here in 3 days. No more CC for me,,,,!!! 
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:14pm
Won't be long now and a ton of CC ads will be airing every commercial break on TV.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:08pm
 Yea,,,Chask,,,and I'll bet they will be about them wantin all their EX customers to PLEASE come back,,!! I was in the grocery store last nite and overheard 2 women talkin bout how they USED to be with CC and had changed to AT&T because CC had also suspended their account because of being 3 days late on payment!!!!!  Don't think them women be goin back to CC any time soon,,,,!!! I'm also betting the ceo that made that decision at CC ,,,,he be lookin for a job sometime soon,,,,,Clap
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:27pm
Your payment probably wasn't late, they were just late in getting it posted. When you told them to shove it they realized they had messed up. But if they can charge a bunch of people a late fee without their hand being called on it think of all the extra money they have made. For the ones that call and complain they reverse the "late fee." The old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" still holds true. I have been with Verizon for years and have had few problems.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 5:38am
 Hey Hubert,,,they IS a lot of truth in what you just said,,,I know I can'nt prove it,,, but CC was one of the ones that was continually "late" in getting "Their" sstatements mailed out,,,SOOoooo,,,when they is late,,,that makes the customer late as well,,!!  Lots of companies now push for "auto Pay" which I don't like for Chit but some others may like thet form of doin business,,,but I prefer my old fashioned way of "You tell ME how much I owe You,,,I check MY records,,,THEN I write a check,,,,I just don't want a stranger havin access to my checkin account,,,,maybe that makes me a "Tightwad" but so be it,,,,,,Chit,,,now ole Shameless be pokin me for usin thet new word,,,,,LOLLOL
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:11am
I won't poke you joe for that word because I'm a tightwad also. Maybe it's old fashioned the way we think.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:12am
Joe, I must be a TightWad also. Send me the bill, I'll verify it, and then send a check. Enough organizations have access to our checking accounts without our permission, IRS is just one. I am old fashioned and proud of it. And I refuse to use the self checkout lines at Wally World and grocery stores.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:29pm
tightwad meaning: 1. a person who is not willing to spend money: 2. a person who is not willing to spend money. Learn more  https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/me-and-consumer-cellular-is-no-more_topic158344.html
Your not being a tightwad, and bad planning on their part doesn't automatically constitute an emergency on our part.

You and Hubert prolly got it right, their slow billing and using it to try and get more people on bank-acct auto billing. Then raise prices slowly, then when you want to quit, they just keep billing and you end up having to close the bank-acct. to end it. Went through that once with a company, bank said I authorized auto-pay, so to them it's like a check when the company asks for it. If I have to I will only auto pay with credit card, you can get stolen money replaced.

Edited by chaskaduo - 21 Feb 2019 at 1:30pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:57pm
Ya see,,,,some time ago,,one of the women at the bank told me how to avoid puttin your credit card info out on the web,,,,,,,,you get you a "Reloadable" credit card,,it can be Mastercard, Visa, or any of the others out there,,, from your bank then you decide how much to keeop in it for the shoppin you do online or any others. When it gets down close to your min,,you just go to your bank and have em check your balance,,then have em "reload" it from your regular checkin account and you're ready to do it all over again,,,and,,,,and,,,the beauty of the thing is that,,,,there is NO CONNECTION from the reloadable card  to your checking account,,,, How ya like thet,,,?????ClapClap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:02pm
Good Idear Joe. I think I'll set something like that up. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic