This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manuals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manuals
    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 8:56pm
Trying to get some manuals. I own an HD6G so a manualnfor that would be ideal. However, if i cant find that whats the closest one I could use?

HD6, HD6A, HD6B, HD6AB, HD6E ?

Also, was a HD6G the same machine all they way past the 70's? Is a manual from after New Holland bought Fiat's line the same machine if it says HD6G? Or did the HD6G name get bastardized along the way?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 9:18pm
There are a number of HD6G manuals on eBay.
Leop View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 12:14am
You're right Jim there are. But i would really like an original manual. In the past i have had problems with reproduction manuals. Somtimes the drawings don't scan well and are hard to read in the copy.
Leop View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:41am
Bumping this post in hopes of getting some info before I order up some manuals in the next couple of days.

Also, if anyone has any original manuals for the HD6G that they would be whilling to part with please let me know.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:41pm
I had several originals and reprints. The reprints were crap. Someone has some. All of mine went with the machines when they left here.
Leop View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:27pm
Thanks Tom. I was afraid that the reproduction manuals would be bad. That has been the case with every single reproduction manual that I have purchased.

I'll keep looking for some original manuals.

If I can't find any for the HD6G then what's my next best choice? HD6E??
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 1:25pm
Try Binder books they are doing reprints of original stuff,mostly IH,but do have some AC and others too. The one I got son in law was like original IH.

And close to you in Grass Valley I think.

Edited by Ray54 - 29 Oct 2019 at 1:32pm
Leop View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 9:13pm
Ray, Binder Books turned out to be a great looking outfit. They also had some Allis Chalmers manuals.

They eveb had crawlers too! Everything from the HD4 to the HD22. Well with just one exception that is, the HD-6

But thanks just the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic