This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man O Man did AGCO hire people to talk us down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 6:49pm
Funny what the forum sees as swear words like "Ma$sey"
1938 B, 1945 B, 1941 IB, 1949 C, 2 1938 WCs, 3 1950 WDs, 1951 WD, 2 1955 WD45, 1957 D-14
Sponsored Links

7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 6:57pm
I personally dont support agco other than buying my AC heritage parts through them. We have all hesston hay equipment though. Im neutral towards the Agco name staying and going though. I feel that the orange tractors today just dont compare to the original Allis Chalmers tractors. I like the looks of the RT and old DT series Agcos but I am not a fan of the CVTs or the Sisu diesels which is why I probably wouldnt buy one. Im sure the CVTs are okay, but I wouldnt trade a powershift for a CVT. I would rather the Agco company keep making the orange ones, and like said above why would agco drop their own tractor? Why did agco need to join with Cat for the challengers? My dad ran a new Challenger MT655C for a friend last spring and he said he wouldn't trade our NH with a powershift for it. There are far more orange tractors sold around here than the MF's. The local agco dealer is one of the largest in sales in the state. I just hope that the heritage parts line stays.
AndrewGubbels View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:02pm
maybe it is a Mpoor word choiceey Fan!!!  I am sure they are tickled!!

Andrew
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
nowversatile View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nowversatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:08pm
Obviously, this individual is misinformed. The company is already taking a big hit on this, industry tractors sales are up and AGCO's are down - a lot! The Challenger plan is failing, already 4 CAT dealers dropping with substantial sources saying more to come. The Tier 4 argument has been debunked by 2 separate sources, (1 of them being powertrain engineering from a large engine manufacturer - hint: they use yellow paint) There is NO Requirement to test all 3 tractors separately if they are identical; a bald face lie from the top! What else are they lying about? Obviously lots! The AGCO tractors are Mpoor word choiceey tractors painted Orange: since 1994, there are no Mpoor word choiceey tractors, MF is now simply a brand name owned by AGCO corporation. Gleaner sales are being lost as a result of this and MF and Challenger combines don't make a blip on the radar, with Challenger in the high single to low double digit sales/year, but the big marketing dollars just keep flowing. This is a company headed for trouble!
steffensen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:09pm
Well it has been an interesting one on here. But if I keep checking this and paying attention to the posts I will never get things done at home. There is snow to be moved and a honey do list to take care of. It was nice to have a decent conversation on this for once. I am sorry if there are still questions directed at me and I don't answer them.  I did learn some stuff from the most of you. I hope that all of you can continue this type of conversation directed at the agco people. Good constructive dialoge like this always seem to be the best way.
Probably signing off for good, Good luck!!!
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:40pm
Nice one Steffensen. Join the forum yesterday, get everybody all worked up and pissed off, and then dissapear one day later to do your honey do list?? You,Sir, are a coward.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:49pm
Okay allisfreakMN I will stay on, hadn't quite left yet anyways. Not sure how you can define me as a coward when I had the guts to sign up and let everyone take a crack at me. I do have things to do and just won't be able to check very much. But I guess that would make me a bad person, because I  just can't be on here constantly. But feel free to call me names, say I am stupid, and whatever degrading things you want to throw at me.
LNG Luke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNG Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 10:42pm
I am not a teenager putting the oranges out I am 30 years old farm with my dad and uncle we own a agco allis 9655 (supported agco) was looking at a new LT95a with a loader, not now we dont know what to buy now,  We dont farm acres and acres of ground so we dont get to buy new tractors all the time there is years between but its always been orange when we did, we have never bought a new combine because it is not cost effective they are wayyy to much money 200,000 plus we  but we do update when wew can, we can buy a used combine and rebuild it for less than half the cost of new not a hard deccision, I WISH we could go and buy a new combine and tractor every year but we cant, we halve always supported are local dealr witch keeps getting further and further away ,do to bad company bussiness (deutz allis, agco) we drive 100 miles to get to one for orange tractors   NOW WE CAN DRIVE 10 MILES TO BUY A KUBOTA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 10:49pm
I didn't say you were stupid, just cowardly for stirring the pot for one day and then saying " I'm probably signing off for good " the next day. You asked for proof of this and verification of that and then you don't give the dedicated members of this forum more than 24 hours of your precious time to say their piece? You don't have to be on here constantly as you seem to think to read the feedback. I think it's safe to say that most of the people on here have lives and jobs away from this site just like you do. I am not here to prove or verify anything to you on this subject one way or the other, I just call it like I see it, and I think it is really spineless how you want to drop out of the discussion so soon after virtually starting it. Now go work on your honey list before your wife kicks your a**.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 7:06am
Sorry allisFreak, I may have made a poor choice in the leaving announcement. But I thought that me leaving would make everyone happy, because I don’t have a personal issue with any one of you. But maybe it is making people happy to have someone that they can attack and will talk back. But I would definitely rather have all of you trying to degrade me than to have “her’ mad at me. I only have to sign on to this site, but I have to live here.
Byron,

I guess I stand corrected on the plastics. I thought they were all thermoset with a base color underneath and then final painted to get them to match. But I am probably wrong. With that the only thing I have is the part number and extra drawing thing. But with your plan of shipping them and painting that could be handled pretty easy.

I can’t disagree with the rest of your post. It is very good and if I get time, and with your permission, I want to put some of it on the agco facebook site and ask for that logical reasoning.

Also, I have been trying to find where Martin R. did that. But if what you say is true. Just like I had posted previously, SHAME ON AGCO!

Agco may be making a bad business decision. But it is their decision. They also will loose some of the long time agco brand supporters. Their new models will have to replace all of original brand loyalty lost and attract some new customers in the US. One little bit of luck for them is that Deere is helping out, read an article last week about their dealers signing up with agco after they were dropped.

Disclaimer: This whole thing started because I came home in a bad mood, and ended up scolding a kid and some others on facebook for acting childish. He may be a perfectly good kid, and he does bring some good pictures for us to see, but I said something. I guess I hurt his feelings, and I am sorry for that. My response was posted on here saying I was hired to talk you down (definitely not), especially since I agree with a lot of what has been said. Then he challenged me to come on here to, (I am guessing here), take my beating from his “big brothers and maybe even sisters” like man. I did come and wife permitting will continue to come. I do ask that you give me the same respect that you would ask for in return.  One thing I do not claim to be an expert on this situation, there seems to be plenty of them already.
Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 7:16am
Steffensen,
I guess you work for AGCO as a sales guy maybe but probably are a young guy I don't know.  If I were you I'd be keeping my options open for a job as history repeats itself and AGCO is doing a lot of what AC did.  AGCO is a big company but they aren't even close to being as big as AC was when they failed.  AC had just spent millions on and came away with one of the best, if not the best, tractors in the industry with the  8000 series.  Unfortunately bad management, bad timing and a bad economy did them in.  AGCO just spent millions on the new DT, getting rid of orange in a bad economy can be considered bad timing and I think it's pretty obvious their management is subject at best. 

Actually history repeating itself makes me a little leery of CNH too.  Back in the day White made a very nice tractor and it was profitable and doing well.  In one of the saddest tractor company failure stories told White management took the money from the ag division and put it towards their White Road Boss trucks.  When they failed the company failed.  I seen CNH being a possible repeat of that.  Only a few short years ago, maybe seven, it was rumored that CNH was in trouble and that maybe AGCO would buy up the Case/IH side.  Now their parent company, Fiat, has bought up a troubled Chrysler in a troubled economy and is moving money from their ag ventures to that.  That will be a loss for them most likely so with CNH fail like White did?

Another thing that's scary about AGCO is that although their diversified internationally their not in equipment.  Deere and CNH have the construction side plus make a lot of AG stuff AGCO doesn't like cotton machines.   Construction is down now but it'll pick up before the AG side does I think.

P.S. - typing at the same time again.
You can post all you want on there.  I haven't signed up for facebook or twitter and any of that new stuff.  I have a rough enough time just keeping up on here.

Edited by Byron WC in SW Wi - 21 Feb 2010 at 7:20am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 7:29am
Here is a couple of logos I came up with back in June of last year and I think I sent these to Todd Stucke but never heard from him.

I just came up with MF one.

While I'm at it I put Challenger in here too.

Or for consistency how about this?

Thinking on advertising it'd be easy to take a picture and make the equipment different colors to save on advertising costs.  One dealer wondered why AGCO didn't do that already as they spent a lot of money shipping equipment from his dealer so they could take pictures of it.  Anyway, I learned a program and did up a MF in a couple of hours.  I'm sure a  pro could do it faster and better.

I know they don't own the AC badge so the orange tractor would probably just have to be an AGCO like they are now.  They do own the White, Oliver, MM, MF and Challenger names though so those could work.

I know AGCO thought of doing it's implements in neutral colors possibly so they could match all their lines with them.  They went away from that but ended up making the underbellies of the Hesston balers black during that time.  But if you look at what CNH did with the New Holland line is they left the colors alone but put a little blue on the sticker.  You could get away with that with Hesston, Sunflower, etc. with a little creative design.

Edited by Byron WC in SW Wi - 21 Feb 2010 at 8:41am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 9:03am
Steffensen; I don't want you to leave the forum, that's why I called you out on it. You are right, there is nothing worse than a woman scorned. Welcome.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 9:07am
I like them, well except for the 1st challenger, the consistant one looks better. With that pholosophy you could just as easily add Ag-Chem or Willmar to cover the applicator side.

And to your other kind of question, I am not in sales or marketing. Engineering is my field, and not the train operator kind. Even though that looks like a fun job sometimes. I am also do not deal with tractors. I am afraid I don't get paid even close to the salaries (probably need to add a zero or more to even start to be close) of the people most of you are mad at right now. Even though I probably put in twice the time. 

Edited by steffensen - 21 Feb 2010 at 9:09am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 2:38pm
Yes exactly.  You have an AGCO brand with different badging.  Nobody gets ticked off and you might even gain some old White/Oliver guys.  All the tractors are the same except color and badging and a different color interior cab light bulb.  All the advertising is for one brand with different color options like Valtra.   You go from three to two now to only one advertising department.    It's a win/win/win.  You don't advertise AGCO/Oliver, AGCO/MF you advertise AGCO.  When they ask what tractor it is it's an AGCO.

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 4:01pm
I've got to tell you guys that I am quite impressed the the ideas. honesty, sincerity and passion that has been written on this post.  You all get an orange star, maybe two for keeping on subject and not doing much name calling!  Two bad this board isn't the AGCO board,  They would be flying right in a few weeks with all your leadership.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 4:25pm
I had another thought concerning something said earlier on this post about AGCO pushing out all but the big dealers.  I was thinking about how here in Colorado at least, Kubota is doing just the opposite, it seems like they are trying to have a dealer 50 to 100 miles apart.  AGCO does have MF dealers almost that close but I don't see new ones opening up or dealers of existing brands taking on MF.  The front range of Colorado, a strip about 30 miles wide on the east edge of the mountains is where about 3/4 of the 4 million residents live, it is also the most irrigated area so I would assume that would be where the dealers should be.  When AGCO dropped all the smaller orange tractors, the market for orange really dropped.  Combine that with a dealer who never seemed very excited about selling orange and it's easy to see why AGCO orange tractors didn't sell well.  The biggest MF dealer around sells a lot of Hesston big balers and other hay equipment, but they don't seem to move many tractors.  If AGCO would allow any dealer to sell any color of AGCO tractors in their area, I suspect they could outsell CNH.  One other thing to ponder tho, is now that Oliver and MM have been completely gone for 30+ years, would there be all that many people who remember them and are still buying new tractors?  At least AGCO had the orange color for most of the last 25 years.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by GBACBFan GBACBFan wrote:

Whatever AGCO does as a company, no matter if they're right or wrong, no matter what we think of the decision, no matter if they survive or fail, no matter how dumb or smart, it's their decision to make. All the oranges in Florida won't change that. Denegrating Mr. Steffensen for an opposing viewpoint won't change that. All the pissing and growling in the world won't change that, nor should it. If AGCO's Board of Directors support the decision, following through on the decision not only is AGCO's, right it's their responsibility. They own the company! 

Yep they do own the company. And the customers have the right to take their dollars elsewhere.

GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 6:12pm
That is 1000% correct, that's how the free market system works.

It's unfair to the guys like Byron that have actively supported them in recent years buying AGCO tractors and equipment. Those guys have a right to feel betrayed. I understand why AGCO don't care what I think, I'll never buy a new tractor. It's too bad when they don't care what their real customers think. Time will prove AGCO management to either be brilliant or idiots.
ACD19farmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACD19farmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 9:54pm
rian could you post some of those pics of them Ads here on ac.com (i want to rub it AGCOs face on the AGCO/facebook page) thanks!    If not thats ok..:)
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 11:34pm
Actually the AGCO shareholders own the company ALONG with the Board of Directors.  As a shareholder I get alot of attention from AGCO officials.  I essentially recieved no attention when I mentioned I owned 6 orange tractors.  That is when I thought AGCO crossed the line, it wasn't my ownership of orange tractors and a customer of parts that got there attention, it was the title of stockholder.  Now I'm sadly disappointed in what was the Allis-Gleaner Company.  Perhaps someday, someone at AGCO will seize the moment and once again orange tractors will rise again from the ashes.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 7:55am
Byron, I was thinking a lot about our conversations while at work yesterday. Most people guessed that I worked at agco, but they were dead wrong on the job responsibilities. Like I said before, I am in engineering, but I don’t work on tractors (really don’t have anything to do with them). I have to go to a local CAT dealer to even see the wheeled ones. All of the views that were posted were my own and I don’t speak for agco at all.
I don’t consider myself the bad guy, but might be seen as one on here. But, please hear me out on these thoughts…

“All representation is not good representation”

Byron, I thought you had some very good questions and points during our conversations about the agco’s direction. And being an actual recent owner, you have a legitimate gripe. But before I joined this group I wasn’t seeing that type of information or even civil conversations about it. You must realize there are a lot of young kids/adults on this forum. And while I think they have good intentions, some are not representing very well outside this forum.

For example, if I see a post somewhere that has many misspelled words or is using what I call “cell phone text” (extreme shorthand), I will try to read it, but most of the time will just skip it. I am sure others do the same thing. When there is very easy ways to do a spell check, why should anyone give their time to actually look at the posts? Now don’t get me wrong, I spell things wrong too. But there have been some posts out in the public arena; where it’s hard to tell what they are saying. Also there is no reason to do the extreme shorthand on the internet. If I am not taking these posts seriously, there is NO way the folks they are trying to reach are either. This is not an agco thing, this is a business thing. The same thing could be for name calling or just overall degrading posts. Sometimes it can come across as very immature, and drives people away.

I think there are probably a lot of young men and women on here that somewhat “idolize” the older crowd. Whether it’s because they have grown up around you, wish they had the chance to rebuild a legend like some have, or it could be for many other reasons. But I still think they look up to guys like you in some way. With this they feel like they are fighting a good fight out in the public arena and fighting it for people they respect. But with all the good intentions I don’t think there are providing the representation you all deserve. These kids are future customers for agco and have every right to say what they want; but I don’t think it is the best interest of anyone to sling mud out in public. While I know it is impossible to control every single kid out there, lord knows I was uncontrollable at that age, I think some guidance from the older crowd would help them represent you better.

Not that anyone would listen, but if I could give any advice to the younger crowd, a few main points would be.
1.      Watch your spelling and grammar: if you have to type things out in a word document and then paste from there, do it. This will help catch a lot of the very obvious things that will cause someone to ignore it. This will not only work for making a good post but it will help through out their high school, college, and future business careers. And I am not saying you need to be at the quality of an English teacher either.
2.      When writing I suggest you pretend it is addressed to your grandpa or grandma. You can still ask the hard questions, but the way you will end up sounding in your posts will get attention.
3.      Documentation and proof will get you a long ways. Have an actual copy of your information on hand. Just saying I heard this or that will get you somewhere at first, not in the end.
4.      Stunts do not work and are too easy to manipulate. (Orange deliveries at NFMS) There would have been much better ways to represent the disappointment or anger that couldn’t be changed into a game. I don’t mean start a fight, but there are other ways to do this without it being seen as a stunt.

In some ways, I probably have been very hypocritical. I know I have made some posts out there that do not represent very well, but I am representing myself. I only make myself look bad.

I just think it could be better… 

I hope this makes sense, I tried to type this up quick this morning and probably made the same mistakes I listed.

Steffensen

TerryMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 10:13am

All that to say we can't spell.  

TerryMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 10:23am
Agco is much like the Obama Administration. They just don’t get it. They don’t get it because they don’t listen. They don’t listen because they are always right.

Edited by TerryMN - 23 Feb 2010 at 10:24am
TerryMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 10:31am

The only thing I think AGCO has done a good job of right now is getting rid of customers.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 10:42am
I'm by nature an emotional prideful guy.  I became a Christian in 91 and since have tried to be a humble guy.  But, I understand the feelings some of the younger ones because I've been there and still have them.  The internet and email work for me because I can rewrite, erase, edit etc. my thoughts.  If I were talking to Martin in public I'd have a rough time restraining myself so it's probably good I don't.  Either way I doubt very seriously anybody does anything for me on here.  They might do it for IG who owns a one year old Gleaner combine, older DT's and some other AGCO stuff.  He hasn't been on here for this conversation but I'm sure he owns more than a half million dollars in AGCO equipment.  His next tractor was going to be a new DT but because AGCO dropped orange he's going Deere and has already ordered his new large frame Deere.

I try to keep my emotions in check and be humble but I'm still ticked at AGCO.  I'm one of the few, along with IG, that will never buy another piece of AGCO equipment hay, tillage or otherwise because they've dropped orange.  I'm among many though who bought AGCO equipment because it was the "Allis Gleaner" company and made orange ones.  And among many who drove past several other brand dealers to get to an AGCO one because they sold orange.  And despite all those European countries, the size of Kansas and with the population of Maine, that have more pull than the North American market and Brazil who has more AGCO brands available to it than North America and still has the AGCO Allis brand, I think AGCO is going to miss North America and in particular the upper midwest.  North America has made Deere 1, CNH 2 and single handedly built AGCO from the ashes of Deutz.  AGCO can manipulate it's numbers all it wants to show how unprofitable North America is but when the tax laws change where income earned overseas will be taxed by American companies and AGCO will actually have to show that all those upper management salaries, engineering R&D and advertising expenses are paid for by the NA market then maybe it'll make more sense to them.  As I said before they only have two logical reasons why they are doing what they are doing and more and more it points to the fact that it really has become and Arrogant German COmpany.

I appreciate you being on here and if your at the show in Wisconsin maybe I'll see you.  Maybe I'll even bring an orange who knows.  I appreciate you being humble to other ideas that possibly make more sense than what AGCO is doing.  Maybe you can make a difference where I, and others, have failed.  You have given me some hope.  If you need more conviction I suggest taking the AGCO shirt off and going in and talking to some dealers.  They can't make heads or tales of how AGCO is run and most of that feeling existed long before Martin opened his mouth.

-My grammar has always stunk.  I watch Between the Lions on PBS with my kids and I learn stuff I never knew or long forgot about grammar so please forgive that. 

-Spell check is a must for me.

-The numbers I've heard, that AGCO orange outsells MF 4 to 1 in the larger tractors was from an AGCO salesman that overheard and AGCO region rep and was told not to repeat it.  I've heard from my brother, (who converted to Deere from AGCO largely because they didn't offer a complete orange line), who heard it from a Deere dealer manager who heard it from his high school friend who is a regional rep for Challanger that they have to work so hard on price just to get someone to look at a Challenger and then the dealer support isn't there.  I've heard the AGCO dealers say that the Challenger dealers don't stock parts.  I've heard from AGCO salesmen that AGCO used to have a guy who I think headed up Hesston.  He'd have a couple of large balers sitting at the factory and would offer extended financing to the dealers to take the balers and try to sell them.  They always did and they always sold them before they needed the extension.  They took the balers in the first place because of that security blanket and it worked for everyone.  AGCO thought so highly of this individual that they fired him because he didn't get permission from the higher ups before doing that.  The perception is, from the dealers, that if you make your boss look bad at AGCO you get fired.  My perception is that dealers are afraid to talk to AGCO.  I heard it from another AGCO dealer/manager/owner that he's asked AGCO about offering different colors for years and he guaranteed he could sell more if they had other colors.  He used to be on their dealer advisory board but isn't anymore and he says AGCO was glad to get rid of him.  I heard rumors for a long time from multiple sources that Challenger lost money since it's inception until it finally made money last year for the first time.  I've heard from a salesmen that AGCO has far fewer defunct owners than MF or Challenger and that can be backed up by looking at the tractors for sale by AGCO finance on Tractorhouse.

So unless my information is all wrong AGCO is getting rid of its brand that leads in sales, profitability and has the least returns because they want to try and make MF and Challenger bigger.  And, they think that those farmers who already drive past several other brands of tractors to buy their orange one will do the same thing for a Ferguson.  Hum...

I think by the simple fact that there will be more MF dealers from former AGCO ones MF sales will increase.  But, I would venture to bet that they won't get to the point where the orange ones were.  Since I'm in the betting mood I'll bet that AGCO raises prices on parts to try and force farmers into new equipment.  And, I'll bet that silver Gleaner combines are not long for this world.   I've heard people say that won't happen because Gleaner outsells MF and Challenger 3 to 1.  I say we'll AGCO outsold those same colors 4 to 1 and they got rid of it.   Pretty safe bets don't you think?

Ok, I'll get off my soap box.  It's just bad for my blood pressure.

Byron

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 11:00am
I in no way meant I was good at any of it. (Spelling, grammar, keeping my emotions in check) 
I also do not have any inside access for me to verify the sales. So I am going to go off your statements for now.

But I can easily respect what you have said.

Steffensen

Edited by steffensen - 23 Feb 2010 at 11:01am
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 11:23am
Originally posted by steffensen steffensen wrote:

I in no way meant I was good at any of it. (Spelling, grammar, keeping my emotions in check) 
I also do not have any inside access for me to verify the sales. So I am going to go off your statements for now.

But I can easily respect what you have said.

Steffensen

Steff, I will give you credit for coming here;..Too bad the people who have the power to make decisions wont.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 7:01am
Yup, I think we all give you credit for coming on here. 

This will be perhaps the beginning of another tragic end to another fine tractor line due to poor management and economic conditions and at least it's being documented here and other places.
nowversatile View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nowversatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Byron WC in SW Wi Byron WC in SW Wi wrote:

Here is a couple of logos I came up with back in June of last year and I think I sent these to Todd Stucke but never heard from him.

I just came up with MF one.

While I'm at it I put Challenger in here too.

Or for consistency how about this?

Thinking on advertising it'd be easy to take a picture and make the equipment different colors to save on advertising costs.  One dealer wondered why AGCO didn't do that already as they spent a lot of money shipping equipment from his dealer so they could take pictures of it.  Anyway, I learned a program and did up a MF in a couple of hours.  I'm sure a  pro could do it faster and better.

I know they don't own the AC badge so the orange tractor would probably just have to be an AGCO like they are now.  They do own the White, Oliver, MM, MF and Challenger names though so those could work.

I know AGCO thought of doing it's implements in neutral colors possibly so they could match all their lines with them.  They went away from that but ended up making the underbellies of the Hesston balers black during that time.  But if you look at what CNH did with the New Holland line is they left the colors alone but put a little blue on the sticker.  You could get away with that with Hesston, Sunflower, etc. with a little creative design.

This is awsome! Obviously you won't be working at the Arrogant German COmpany anytime soon, this is clearly too good and creative. Just another example as to how they could have resolved their NA dilema without destroying their customer base!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic