This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M100 not allowing to drop the blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhedmonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M100 not allowing to drop the blade
    Posted: 24 May 2022 at 8:10pm

My "new" (to me) M100 1960 grader somehow moved the left blade height control against the mechanical endstop (see picture) and only "klicks" when trying to bring it back. I am not sure how this efunctions exactly and if there is (hopefully) an sherbolt or something similiar or did I just break everything? Removed the cover and it turns there when the lever is moved.... Ideas?

Edited by jhedmonton - 27 May 2022 at 12:14am
Sponsored Links

jhedmonton View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhedmonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 8:11pm
Had tried to upload this first .... 
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:29am
MinnPar parts catalogue

Have at it from about M 100 Manual Page 190 onwards

By the look of that circle it hasn't done a lot of work

Edited by Ian Beale - 25 May 2022 at 6:40am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhedmonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:00pm
THANKS!! Only took a brief look... would you know if there is something like a safety or a sheerbolt? And yes the whole grader is in great shape. I own a farm and really hope I can keep my yard level with it ;-)
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhedmonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 12:13am
I opened up the assembly as much as possible, top worm gear turns, but the shaft going down does not, so it must be the worm gear on the shaft going down. Now this looks  impossible to take apart as the top shaft goes to the inside of the cab and the one going down is connected to the large housing. Does anybody has any tips on how to take it apart and check for that top worm gear?

Edited by jhedmonton - 27 May 2022 at 12:14am
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:05am
I'd say you better find a service manual.  I'd guess that whole assembly comes off so you can work on it - but that would be a deflated 2c worth.

Put "Allis Chalmers M 100 service manual" into your internet searcher  and it turns up a couple of places that have that manual.

I got a Jensales copy of the Allis manual for an AC Forty Five.  It is sketchy on the engine but useable on the rest.  YMMV.

Others might add to this
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhedmonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 10:20am
Thanks!
Yes searching for the M100 service manual appears to be difficult. I found the for the older 45 model or on jensales the operator manual for the M100, but can't seem to find the M100 service manual anywhere. Can anybody point me in the right direction? 

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 6:30pm
Have a look at

The list doesn't mention mouldboard lift but at 663 pages - 

Looks like they are both download .pdfs

There are others.  But some show a front cover that says "Field Service Manual" - I'm not sure what that means.  Price seems to be around $30 - US I presume

Maybe worth a look on ebay as well

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhedmonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 9:28pm
Thanks! Managed to take it apart and found the main culprit....

Now trying to find parts :-(. 70620727 GEAR, worm I can't seem to find anywhere.... Ideas? Need a few more of course.... Like 70050293, 70621652,....

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 11:12pm
MinnPar?  I got a worm gear for the circle drive on our AC Forty Five from them - about 10 years ago

Hector Gemme over in your east might be worth a go - He probably keeps a watch here and is active on Red Power

Re manual - this might be worth a look

truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:08am
Another option is General Gear.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 8:33am
Go to a google search
Simple method type in ‘Allis’ and the p/n is how I located NOS for that 7G I had.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 10:02pm
Hector came in on the injector thread above and I name-dropped him for you.  Reply is he has no M100 parts

Operator's manual on line here

General Gear link

There is this bloke in Australia 

Could be expensive, though the parts we recently got quotes for weren't out of line in price

Edited by Ian Beale - 28 May 2022 at 10:28pm
rcwitzel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcwitzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 8:04am
~40 years ago dad and I parted out several Allis graders.  I believe one was an M100.  I have one complete lift assembly.  The part number for one of the housings matches the M100 parts book.  Are you still looking for these parts?  If yes, I will disassemble to check the condition of the parts.  Private message me on the site with your phone number.  I will send pictures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic