This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ludington MI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ludington MI
    Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:40pm
To celebrate Memorial Day Weekend, I was going to get a ticket for the SS Badger and take a cruise ship from WI to MI.  Just curious if there was anyone on here from the Ludington MI area where the cruise ship docks?  I was planning on visting all the light houses along Lake MI.  I'm always up for a "unique" experience or  two.  If someone knows of something unique to Michigan in the Ludington area I'd really like to hear about it.  As always thanks in advance!  Wishing everyone a great holiday weekend!
Sponsored Links

Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:50pm
Do a utube search for Wayne's Diaries a utuber who is from here and worked on the Badger with some vids taken aboard.  Kind of an interesting cat anyways and has enough vids to keep you occupied. If I remember right the Badger is one of the few very last steam powered up there. Seems to me it's coal fired.

Edited by Walker - 24 May 2022 at 10:32pm
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:26am
North of Ludington is Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore.Sand Dunes built up from Lake Michigan.lots of tourists or maybe not with fuel prices. South of Ludington there are Apple and Cherry Orchards.
only AC orange View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only AC orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:43am
I don't recall name of a GREAT ice cream shop in Ludington - been too many years ago!
Joe(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:13am
North of Ludington, in Manistee, there is a rail road car ferry you can tour and sleep on.  There is also a Cost Guard cutter you can tour.  If you like fish just south of town is Bortell's fisheries.  They have great fish.  If you like pizza there is a place in town called the Chuck wagon.  
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
Dean (West MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean (West MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by only AC orange only AC orange wrote:

I don't recall name of a GREAT ice cream shop in Ludington - been too many years ago!

House of Flavors
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Walker Walker wrote:

Do a utube search for Wayne's Diaries a utuber who is from here and worked on the Badger with some vids taken aboard.  Kind of an interesting cat anyways and has enough vids to keep you occupied. If I remember right the Badger is one of the few very last steam powered up there. Seems to me it's coal fired.
           I looked it up. Burns oil but in a coal capable boiler.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic