This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Louis Allis sign

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Louis Allis sign
    Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 5:22pm
    Thinking of selling this. At one time it sort of fit in with my collection .They had no connection with Allis Chalmers from the research I have done .I just thought it was a cool old sign .

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:18am

FYI History of Louis Allis, Milwaukee 1901

https://louisallis.com/about/

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:15pm
Interesting read there Gary, a company that old and never heard of them or seen it on any electric motors I've ever been around. Tom
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:25pm

In 1901 E. P. Allis & Co. merged with Gates Iron Works and Fraser & Chalmers Co. to create Allis-Chalmers Manufacturing Co. Allis-Chalmers began manufacturing farm tractors in 1914. As the result of a series of mergers and divestments, the remnants of Allis Chalmers are part of AGCO Corp.

A son of E. P. Allis, Louis Allis, worked for his father's company for a while but left in 1901, just before the merger that created Allis-Chalmers. He invested in Mechanical Appliance Co., a Milwaukee maker of DC motors. In 1903 he became president and in 1922 the company name was changed to Louis Allis Co. Louis Allis motors are commonly found on older industrial woodworking machines

Edited by steve(ill) - 17 Dec 2018 at 7:27pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 12:37pm
 I SOLD this sign ,never did put it in classified's ,kept getting PM's about  it so I went ahead and sold it . Thanks
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 8:29pm
I have seen Louis Allis electric motors in a veneer plant. 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic