This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost our Buddy this AM.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost our Buddy this AM.
    Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 11:59am
Had a terrible night with Rain last night. In the last week he started suffering. This picture was right before I put him Suzi for the ride to Vet. Never once ever showed any weakness in his pains. 8:35 am just went to sleep. Could have never asked for such devotion and commitment from loyal friend. He has the best resting site anyone could ask for overlooking Chester Creek. Chris/CT
Sponsored Links

ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 12:43pm
Sorry for your loss Chris.  It's funny how they become part of the family. 
Bob(FL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob(FL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 12:49pm
The Rainbow Bridge story
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 6:25pm
Chris, sorry for the loss of your buddy. They do truly become one of the family.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:03pm

its hard to lose you best freind

160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
Dave H M View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:38pm
Dayum Chris, that brought ters to my eyes.  Old Rain looked just like my black lab teenager named Sammie.  Lost the Black one before her named Scruff at age 12.

Hang in there bud and I feel for you.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:45pm
Sorry for your loss Chris. I've been there a few times myself over the years. It never gets easier.
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:50pm
Sorry Chris. It's almost as bad as loosing a kid.
NCAllisnut View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAllisnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 8:05pm
Sweet looking puppy Chris....  I'm sorry for your loss.

Adam
LarryWC In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 8:15pm
Yeah,,,,We had Ole' Wheezer (our Blac Lab) for 16 years,,,My wife had to take him to the vet to put him down,,,I was too much a mess to do it myself!,,he was my buddy!
www.allischalmersmuseum.com
GT in Indiana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT in Indiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 8:35pm
Our condolences.  It's obvious he had a long happy life and was well cared for.  Dogs have the ability to love without making any judgements, unconditionally.  It's no wonder that "GOD" is DOG spelled backwards.

Sorry for your loss...
1955 WD45 we like to call Ruby
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 9:13pm
Thank-You folks for all the kind words, Very different here tonight. Spent the day sprucin up Rain's resting site, planted a tree, have a few more idea's. Breeder we got Rain from has updated his website to remember him, added his puppy picture, what a handsome guy. I hope to rid my mind of his last few day's, Thanks, Chris/CT
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 1:25am
Sorry to hear the sad news.
I have been there many times.
A new puppy helps ease the pain.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 6:27am
Sorry to hear that Chris. I know how you feel. I am not looking forward to the day my old buddy goes, I only hope that it is peacefully here at home. They truely are your best friend.
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 6:28am
Sorry for your loss. I have a yellow lab and a sweeter dog was never made. I know when the time comes,it will be a rough time.
"Burgie"
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:49am
Loosing our "buds" is always tough - they can bring such joy to our lives. I never forget those that have past and are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge -- new pups help me, but thats just me.
steffensen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:07am
Sorry for your loss... swear it's some of the loneliest times when they are gone.
barky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 11:47am
Sorry not good time.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 2:13pm

If you can believe I never owned a dog.    My wife and I watch our son's dog from time to time and I can fully understand the care and love that a pet provides.

My sympathies on your loss.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic