This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost another Allis man....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost another Allis man....
    Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 7:02pm
My dad passed away yesterday at the age of 91. He had a good life, successfully raised 14 kids...and lived on the farm up until the last month of his life. He kept Anderson Equipment in Butte NE and McMeen Equipment in Gregory SD in business back in the 50's and 60's buying Allis equipment. He had me on the WD45 diesel at 6 years old spreading manure, and instilled the Orange spirit in me at a young age. We never had a bigger AC tractor than that, but we sure put the hours on the 3 diesels we had. We also had 3 rotobalers, two 4 row lister planters, front mount 4 row cultivator, 9' sc blade, 3 forage choppers, a feeder wagon, couple of 3 bottom plows, 212 tandem disk with traction booster hitch and some other orange I am sure I missed. Always the conservative one, I'm sure he chose this date as I was already headed back to SD for my 40th high school reunion and mom's birthday....RIP.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Sponsored Links

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 7:14pm
Eldon,  Please accept my Profound Sympathies on the death of your father.  You only get one.  The loss has to be deeply felt 
May God's Rich Blessings be on you and yours during this time of grief.
Best Wishes
Good Luck!
Bill Long

ps:  Hope all is well with you and your family

Edited by Bill Long - 22 Jun 2016 at 7:15pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 7:29pm
Condolences on your father's passing...
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 7:29pm
Very. very sorry to read this, sounds like a good long happy life your Dad led.
Please know you and the family have all the prayers we can offer up and that you all will be in our thoughts in the days ahead.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:09pm
Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like he lived a great life.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:11pm
Eldon, I am sorry to hear of your loss. It is even more of a loss when one losses a parent and being at a distance is even more so,
again , sorry for your loss and remember the good times!
Joe

Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:24pm
    Sorry to hear about your dad Eldon. The Renkos, Edwardsville, Il.
Dad always said," If you have one boy, you have a man. If you have two boys, you have two boys". "ALLIS EXPRESS"
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:29pm
Sorry to hear this, Eldon.  Sounds like he had a good life.  My Dad passed at age 91 12 years ago, also after a good life.  Prayers for you and your family.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:32pm
Eldon, Prayers for you and the family. He had a great run, in life and raising kids. Can't beat 91 and still at home until a couple of weeks ago. We all should be so lucky! God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Play Farmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:46pm
Eldon,
Sorry for your loss, sounds like he raised you well. My Mother in law, also an Allis gal, also passed yesterday. May they enjoy many stories together.
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:49pm
Will be thinking of you and the family.
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:52pm
Prayers for comfort for you and your family from Ohio.
Johnwilson_osf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnwilson_osf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:57pm
Eldon,
I hope the flood of memories brings you great joy in remembering your father.  Our thoughts are with you in your time of grieving. 
John
Allis Express: Eastern PA on Rt 80
8050, 8010, 6080, 190, D14, DA 6035, AA 6690, 5650, Gleaner F2
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 10:04pm
GOD bless Him , Rest in peace , Prayers of comfort for all involved on the way
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 10:05pm
Eldon my condolences. My dad hasn't been well lately. I can't imagine the loss you feel, even at 91. God Bless you and your family during this time.     
      IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 10:35pm
Eldon, I'm sorry to read this, I understand the pain you are having, I lost my Dad two years ago he was 92 years on this earth just a little older than your Dad so they both had a long life. Hang in there it will get better with time. 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 11:07pm
Sorry to hear of your loss, Eldon. Hope you have safe travels in your trip out here. Darrel
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 11:08pm
Eldon, may I also express my condolences to you and the rest of you family.  God's grace be with your family and hopefully the time you'll spend with them in the coming days will be to rejoice your father's full life.  Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 12:27am
prayers to you and your family to ease the pain of such a loss! was he the one that taught you the tricks of tire changing?  
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 12:41am
So sorry for your loss, Eldon.  91 years and still in good shape until close to the end  is something  not many achieve.  
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Stan R View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 4:41am
Sorry for your loss. Enjoy the memories, you have many.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 5:42am
Eldon; Sorry for your loss, my Dad died way back in 82. One thing you will always have is the good memories.       Mark
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 6:01am
Condolences from here also Eldon. May God place his loving arms around you and the entire family, carrying you through this time of loss. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 6:05am
Sorry for your loss. Like others said, remember the good times.

PS, hold on to your hat when you get here. Gonna be a bit breezy Friday and Saturday.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 6:35am
Eldon, Sorry to hear of your loss. He will be with you in your memories. Drive safe!
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 6:37am
You will all miss him dearly, but certainly a full life to be celebrated.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 7:57am

Eldon,,,so sorry for your loss,,,,,,May peace be with you and your family in these sad times,,,,,,,,
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 8:06am
Sorry to hear of this, Eldon. Prayers to you and your family. May God Bless.
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 8:13am
Sorry for you loss. May God provide you and your family's peace and comfort in the times ahead. Cherish the Memories! God Bless
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 8:46am
Eldon, may God hold you and your family in His palms of peace and comfort.  May your pleasant memories bring a smile to your face and heart.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic