Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > HELP! > Forum Support Only - No Tractor Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loading a photo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loading a photo
    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:14am
To upload a photo from your phone, tap or click on the “tree with the up arrow” small square icon located in the upper gray colored area above this text box (white typing area).

After tapping or clicking on the “tree with up arrow” icon, you’ll see another page open that looks like this. Tap or click on the “choose file” button. IMPORTANT-read the specifics about your photo’s type & size... “If it’s too big, it won’t load.” HINT: for phone photos to be smaller size, go to your phones settings, choose camera, & turn off HDR(high definition resolution). Now take a photo of your item in non-HDR. It will be at the smaller size to upload. Any previous HDR taken photos may be TOO BIG.

JUST REMEMBER non-HDR photos may not be best quality for albums of personal interests (family, holidays, events, etc), so please re-adjust your camera’s setting back to HDR for those better quality photos. p
Then you’ll see this window pop up at the bottom of its page. Choose “photo library”.

On your phone’s photo library,Tap on the non-HDR photo & follow the prompts. If it’s successful, you may close out of the “choose flie” page. On your Allis Chalmers forum “new topic” page, select “preview” button near the bottom. If photo was loaded, you’ll see it displayed in your text space. CONGRATULATIONS! Now tap the “close window” button to allow your window to go back to edit mode. If all’s well, tap the “post new topic” button.

Edited by AC7060IL - 01 Apr 2019 at 8:13am
Sponsored Links

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:18am
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:19am

While your phone’s camera setting is in non-HDR. You can “screen shoot” pictures that are displayed on your phone’s screen, like this one I found while searching internet. This screen shot photo will go to your phones photo library, where you may find it to load at a later time.

Edited by AC7060IL - 01 Apr 2019 at 5:30am
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 7:42am
     Thanks for that instruction. Helps us older guys that are technology challenged.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:24am
Please set the display size to 640 wide by 480 high, then we won't have to slide it across our computer screen to see it all.

Gerald J.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:23am
I have an I-phone, still shows that image is too large and unable to load? How can I size down pictures in my library? I don’t see an option. Pictures were taken in non-hdr mode. Thank you!
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm

JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:54pm

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by allisbred allisbred wrote:

I have an I-phone, still shows that image is too large and unable to load? How can I size down pictures in my library? I don’t see an option. Pictures were taken in non-hdr mode. Thank you!
You're welcome. What iPhone are you using? My older technology iPhone 4 didn't like bigger photos either. 

I'm using an Iphone8, now. So I'm trying to share what knowledge I've gleamed about it versus loading photos on AC forum. Seems that many members struggle with it, including me. 

Anyway the iPhone8 seems to do a better job of loading larger files & down sizing it to it's screen versus what the older phones. In it's photo library, I can tap on "open" a photo and do an edit, using the iPhone's in-house photo edit mode. In that editing mode, I've learned to use the crop feature which can reduce the size somewhat. I say somewhat because if it can shrink/stretch it, I've not figured that out yet. Still learning-looking. If I can't find it, then probably an app for photo editing would need be added to my iphone for that capability?

And the same goes for changing a photo from HDR to a lower resolution? I only know I can change my camera's HDR options in it's settings to create a new nonHDR photo that seems to load ok.

If a photo is on my laptop, then I can easily view its file size and by using the laptop's in-house photo editing, shrink/stretch it to comply. I find that a 100kb size file loads easily. 
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Gerald J. Gerald J. wrote:

Please set the display size to 640 wide by 480 high, then we won't have to slide it across our computer screen to see it all.

Gerald J.
Thanks for replying. Please be specific which or do all the photos my iPhone8 loaded are too big for your computer? On my laptop, the HD5 assembly Line pictures also requires me to slide it to see it entirely. But my iPhone 8 automatically re-sizes it to fit it's screen. I've not found on my iPhone 8 where I can view the widthxheight of it's photos. But, I'll keep looking.

Edited by AC7060IL - 01 Apr 2019 at 2:19pm
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 2:17pm
JoeO(CMO), looks good. Did you load that from your phone?
JoeO(C-MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(C-MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 2:31pm
Yes . response from laptop

Pic loaded from iphone

Edited by JoeO(C-MO) - 01 Apr 2019 at 2:40pm
D10 III, D15 II 3 pt, D15 II SC, 170 Gas w/shuttle, 175 Diesel UI ROPS, 185 w ROPS. AC 653 w/6 way blade, ROPS
AC 615 Ind. WD45 running/Parts.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

Originally posted by Gerald J. Gerald J. wrote:

Gerald J.
Thanks for replying. Please be specific which or do all the photos my iPhone8 loaded are too big for your computer? On my laptop, the HD5 assembly Line pictures also requires me to slide it to see it entirely. But my iPhone 8 automatically re-sizes it to fit it's screen. I've not found on my iPhone 8 where I can view the widthxheight of it's photos. But, I'll keep looking.

Width and height are viewable on this forum in your file manager, by clicking  preview, before posting. You can not however use 640x 480 on everything you might come across. The W and H #'s that show up after uploading can be changed,after uploading, but you MUST maintain the same ratio between numbers. Usually, if the width is under 800, it will fit the age when opened. So if your pic shows 2400 by 1600 after uploading, divide both numbers by 3 to get what will fit on the page.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 3:54pm
On the graphic upload screen, second line below the image URL is a field at the left for width and below that for height of the display. The forum software can take a huge picture and display it to fit on my screen with width set to 640 and height set to 480, presuming the over sided dimensions have that same ratio of width to height like 1920 wide by 1440 high, or 4000 wide by 3000 high. But if the width to height ratio is different then the width should still be set to 640 and the height reduced by the same ratio so that wheels show up round instead of oval. So if 1600 x 1600 the display should be 640 by 640.

Gerald J.

allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

Originally posted by allisbred allisbred wrote:

You're welcome. What iPhone are you using? My older technology iPhone 4 didn't like bigger photos either. 

I'm using an Iphone8, now. So I'm trying to share what knowledge I've gleamed about it versus loading photos on AC forum. Seems that many members struggle with it, including me. 

Anyway the iPhone8 seems to do a better job of loading larger files & down sizing it to it's screen versus what the older phones. In it's photo library, I can tap on "open" a photo and do an edit, using the iPhone's in-house photo edit mode. In that editing mode, I've learned to use the crop feature which can reduce the size somewhat. I say somewhat because if it can shrink/stretch it, I've not figured that out yet. Still learning-looking. If I can't find it, then probably an app for photo editing would need be added to my iphone for that capability?

And the same goes for changing a photo from HDR to a lower resolution? I only know I can change my camera's HDR options in it's settings to create a new nonHDR photo that seems to load ok.

If a photo is on my laptop, then I can easily view its file size and by using the laptop's in-house photo editing, shrink/stretch it to comply. I find that a 100kb size file loads easily. 
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 8:16pm
I have an old 5S, guess that’s the problem. Thank you for aiding everyone. I always enjoy seeing any AC’s.Maybe in a few years I’ll be able to add pictures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image