This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Load of 3/4" road stone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Load of 3/4" road stone
    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:09pm
Has anybody bought 1 lately? I think Steve's truck holds 16 ton. Wondering what it cost in your area. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links

festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:15pm
Here I can get 1" clean for $10.50 /T at one quarry.  the other two in the area are $3 dollars higher.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:43pm
20.00 delivered n spread here
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:28pm
I don't buy crushed rock (limestone) anymore...I buy crushed concrete, it don't melt away like the limestone rock does and it's cheaper. i'll order a couple loads as soon as i'm sure i'll shut the machine down for the season. dunno what the cost will be for this year yet, but the guy selling it says it's still cheaper than the limestone rock, i'll prolly need about 200 more ton on my lot in town.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 6:32am
Just got two 20t loads(39.9t total) of inch minus(Includes fines or screenings) $475 delivered for all of it.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 6:59am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I don't buy crushed rock (limestone) anymore...I buy crushed concrete, it don't melt away like the limestone rock does and it's cheaper. i'll order a couple loads as soon as i'm sure i'll shut the machine down for the season. dunno what the cost will be for this year yet, but the guy selling it says it's still cheaper than the limestone rock, i'll prolly need about 200 more ton on my lot in town.

Shameless, is this the same product as "recycled" concrete? If so, do you have tire issues with the rebar/fencing pieces in it? I was on a jobsite last year where the general had multiple loads hauled in for a temporary driveway to the site-EVERY sub contractor suffered flats :-(
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 7:23am
All I know is somewhere in China is a rice farmer digging up my limestone chips and wondering where they are coming from!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 7:47am
Oohhhhh, THATS where they went. Maybe I can get them to ship it back?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 7:56am
When I helped build a 700' driveway when I was 1/3 of my age, we put down used grinding stones first. These wheels were 4 FEET in diameter, so 3 wide then offset 3,back to 3......it was a long friggin summer I KNOW that... he's only added 2 'lifts' of gravel since then, late 70s....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 12:37pm
When I put in my driveway I bought limestone by the semi load, it was a back haul and I got it cheaper than I could get gravel hauled in from the gravel pit 15 miles away. I don't remember how thick I put it down but I leveled it with my backhoe then put 6" of ashphalt grindings on top of that, after the house was up I had id double tarred and chipped with lime stone and it's held up great that 15 years ago.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 12:50pm
When I was in trucking , I paid $4 a ton on limerock and delivered it for $8 - 15 ton loads on my old White tandem . Class 5 roadbed gravel was $2.50 a ton and came to around $60 a load as went 16 ton . Now I beleve limerock is over $12 a ton from pit and most places double that and tack on $75 for delivery 
 Hard to figure as not son is paid $95 a hour, from brokers for his quint axle truck and can haul 19 ton loads . 
 I use to put down about 60 ton a year on my 400 ft driveway as it seems running in and out daily just compressed the gravel into the sand under it . 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:18pm
I bought #3 and #4 gravel a month or two ago. They were $565 per load. One load was a dump truck and the other was a trailer so I'm guessing the truck was probably 18 tons and the trailer probably 22 to 25 maybe? Got the same guys to bring 2 loads of medium sl*g from a local casting plant and they were $285 for the dump truck and $300 for the trailer. Medium sl*g is about like a #3 gravel. The problems with sl*g are it's hard to get because the plant doesn't run a schedule and you get reject parts in there sometimes to. Works great for a base though.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 11:45pm
the rebar is cleaned out of the old concrete, dunno how they do it, they said they it would all be cleaned ground up concrete.
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:11am
Shameless they have a large electro magnet on the crusher and it picks out almost all of the metal, once in a while I see a piece of wire.
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 6:48pm
Dec '19 had 2 bellydump Loa d's of 1 1/2" put in lane 25.5 and 25.7 tons @ $38.50 / ton delivered. Pit is 110 mile away so trucking is high.
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 7:46pm
Wow 110 miles!!!  I am spoiled here have a quarry two miles from the house plus two other quarries in the county.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 7:51pm
I ordered two 14 ton trucks of CA6 today... $13.50 ton plus $65 shipping each.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Darrell G (MN) Darrell G (MN) wrote:

Shameless they have a large electro magnet on the crusher and it picks out almost all of the metal, once in a while I see a piece of wire.

Your processor must have a stronger magnet that what's available "here"!! Was just on a jobsite that got "clean" recycled concrete and personally picked up 10 #'s worth of mainly the 3/16" mesh fencing mat and several chunks of 3/8" rebar that were 12-18's long !! The worst part is the chunks of wire still attached to chunks of concrete (1 1/2"x1 1/2")that were pointing straight up but couldn't/wouldn't lay over due to being "trapped" within it's cocoon.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 7:07pm
Got the bill today. $416.oo for 16 ton. Price includes trucking and sales tax
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:16pm
last time I did buy crushed rock years ago, I paid just shy of $2000. and a case of beer for 246 ton of rock delivered to my industrial lot in town.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:28am
Use to buy 1 1/2" river rock for drainfieds at $6 a ton and installed price was figured at $12 a ton or about $8 a foot for drainfield rock, pipe and trench . 
 now the rock alone is $18 a ton from pit . I went to graveless tubeing of 12" diameter with sock over it - now they said that fails so chambers are now used and they cost about $36 for 6' section 
 So getting expensive just to use the throne . 
Daughter in law trucks for one of the black top plants so have got gotten blacktop millings now on driveway - price has been right - last load of the day rather than taking back to the plant she just dumped here .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Keith M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 2:19am
I live in Kentucky but I use “ manufactured sand “ basically crushed concrete. The place I buy it has a concrete plant nearby and claims its metal free. Says it concrete left on trucks they didn’t use or user rejected due to slump issues. We put it in all equipment sheds we use for storage only, hay sheds, cattle working barn and flat spots , I.e. lots in front of barns sheds where it doesn’t wash with heavy rains. It’s cheaper than anything from the quarry. If you get on it when first spread it packs well and stays packed. So far we have Never found any metal in this product knock on wood. Maybe they have something similar where you are. Or try thr crushed concrete they have ran across magnets. I use to haul a semi load of skids in to be ground for mulch and in hard times bedding. They would grind skids and the ground wood was passed over a series of magnets and I never found a nail, staple or piece of metal in the mulch. They make terribly strong electro magnets nowadays, just visit any big scrap yard. Best of luck, Keith
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 4:36am
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Use to buy 1 1/2" river rock for drainfieds at $6 a ton and installed price was figured at $12 a ton or about $8 a foot for drainfield rock, pipe and trench . 
 now the rock alone is $18 a ton from pit . I went to graveless tubeing of 12" diameter with sock over it - now they said that fails so chambers are now used and they cost about $36 for 6' section 
 So getting expensive just to use the throne . 
Daughter in law trucks for one of the black top plants so have got gotten blacktop millings now on driveway - price has been right - last load of the day rather than taking back to the plant she just dumped here .

Our drain field when built this house is that sock over pipe with the crowned 'Chamber' over them to keep them from being crushed, had not seen such until the install.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm
I had to put in sand 2 filters when I built 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic