This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lingering effects of Covid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lingering effects of Covid
    Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 7:00am
Have you any?
I was fortunate and haven’t caught it, not that I know of anyway.
I had a co-worker who caught it early on. He had a very hard time getting his energy back.
He got very forgetful and got nasty grumpy.
It got to the point I had to run him off.
Now I hear stories of others with brain fog.
I have a brother in Colorado that went to the DR. Due to brain fog. The doc told him it’s very common and told him he nearly had to shut down his practice due to his own problems with it.
I really don’t feel like my wife has recovered and it was well over a year ago she had it.
Just wondering what others might be seeing?
Sponsored Links

farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 7:29am
I had the brain fog and still do sometimes. I also had the shortness of energy and sometimes shortness of breath. It is getting better but not back to where I was before. I had covid dec of 2020.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 8:24am
Originally posted by farmboy520 farmboy520 wrote:

I had the brain fog and still do sometimes. I also had the shortness of energy and sometimes shortness of breath. It is getting better but not back to where I was before. I had covid dec of 2020.

That’s a very long time to have to deal with this.
Hope and pray you get better each day.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Have you any?
I was fortunate and haven’t caught it, not that I know of anyway.
I had a co-worker who caught it early on. He had a very hard time getting his energy back.
He got very forgetful and got nasty grumpy.
It got to the point I had to run him off.
Now I hear stories of others with brain fog.
I have a brother in Colorado that went to the DR. Due to brain fog. The doc told him it’s very common and told him he nearly had to shut down his practice due to his own problems with it.
I really don’t feel like my wife has recovered and it was well over a year ago she had it.
Just wondering what others might be seeing?
My sister hits all the points you just mentioned, she got out of the hospital 1 year ago Sunday, still not the same person.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 8:32am
Thad,
     My wife had covid in Jan. 2021 and was in bed for a month. Still has low energy and can't tolerate some cooking odors, especially meat and vegetables. On the other hand, I like you, have never had covid, that I know of. Don't know how I missed  out since I took care of my wife all that time. Sure is a terrible thing they unleashed on us. Hope everyone recovers soon.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 8:35am
Daughter is JUST NOW beginning to get her sense of smell back, a year plus since I spread it around the family including her.  Her doctor says she doesn't know of anyone else that took that long to get it back.  Minor complication in the scheme of things, but just sayin'.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 8:59am
A nephew got it in 2020 and is still not back to work the Doctor will not release him, He can't stand or do anything strenuous, I hadn't seen him for a year until last xmas and I didn't know him he was a very athletic and will build young man and is now skin and bones and still doesn't have all of his taste back and can't remember what he said about smell but do know he lost it and also talk about having trouble concentrating on thing he did say it's getting better and I've not talk to him sense then.  
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 9:42am
My grand daughter still hasn't got her sense of smell back and taste is off too.  It's been more than a year since she had Covid.  Pastor friend's wife got Covid when she was pregnant, just a few weeks before her delivery date.  Baby is OK but she has never recovered properly.  Still very tired, no appetite, losing wait, not much energy.  Poor girl has 4 little kids from 6 mos to 7 years.  She is being cared for by a doctor who is part of a team that is doing a study on the after effects of Covid.  Apparently there are a lot of people suffering with this.
My daughter and her friends are helping this young lady and her family as much as possible. 
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 12:12pm
Unexplained aches and pains that come and go,lack of energy and ambition, do I blame it on old age, COVID or the cold cloudy late spring we are having. At my wife's work 2 of her co-workers boyfriend & girlfriend live together he just tested positive and she tested negative.

Edited by DanWi - 21 Apr 2022 at 12:13pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by DanWi DanWi wrote:

Unexplained aches and pains that come and go,lack of energy and ambition, do I blame it on old age, COVID or the cold cloudy late spring we are having. At my wife's work 2 of her co-workers boyfriend & girlfriend live together he just tested positive and she tested negative.
"Unexplained aches and pains that come and go,lack of energy and ambition, do I blame it on old age, COVID or the cold cloudy late spring we are having"

Dang, did I hack into your account and write that?  I'm not sure what's up with me yet.....not blaming it on Covid just yet.  
fjdrill View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjdrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 1:00pm
My Dr. put me on ATP 360 and Energy Multiplex from researchnutritionals.com, Vitamins C & D.  Also, NAC 600mg a day -cheap on Ebay. Felt like a new person in 2-2.5 weeks.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 1:22pm
Well, as Dan said, I cannot be sure if it is COVID, or old age, but I have no energy at all, physically weak, and the lack of concentration, forgetfulness, etc. One of the strangest things, and I have not heard this from anyone else, my taste and smell did eventually come back, but the smell is goofy. I sometimes smell things that are not there to smell! For several days, a couple of weeks ago, I kept smelling burning plastics, I just about tore the house apart, was sure it was on fire! It finally faded away, and house is still standing. 
What I do know is my blood O2 levels were dangerously low for an extended period of time, so heart issues and brain issues would not be unbelievable, according to Doc.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 1:45pm
Anybody try Ivermectin?

Worked for my family...
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 2:03pm
Lou it's funny you say that about smell I have had the same thing also,you wonder if it is the computer or internet router getting hot or a led light overheating. It would be nice if the people who are suppose to know more then us could give us an honest answer.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 4:54pm
Apparently about 30% of Covid People have "long term effects".. one study said  that in 10% of the cases it will NEVER go away.

Mayo CLinic

These people sometimes describe themselves as "long haulers" and the conditions have been called post-COVID-19 syndrome or "long COVID-19." These health issues are sometimes called post-COVID-19 conditions. They're generally considered to be effects of COVID-19 that persist for more than four weeks after you've been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.

Older people and people with many serious medical conditions are the most likely to experience lingering COVID-19 symptoms, but even young, otherwise healthy people can feel unwell for weeks to months after infection. Common signs and symptoms that linger over time include:

• Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Cough
  • Joint pain
  • Chest pain
  • Memory, concentration or sleep problems
  • Muscle pain or headache
  • Fast or pounding heartbeat
  • Loss of smell or taste
  • Depression or anxiety
  • Fever
  • Dizziness when you stand
  • Worsened symptoms after physical or mental activities

Edited by steve(ill) - 21 Apr 2022 at 5:00pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 5:02pm
Neice has taste and smell as a option these days, one day fine next few maybe Nothing maybe just a little then yet again switches back and forth.  She does still have Brain Fog, loses memories then weeks later they come back only to disappear again, she is late thirties.

I have od taste issues, some things taste normal, then what I KNOW what tastes like either has little taste or a Odd taste, as Hot Peppers, or Horse Radish, chicken will at times be absolutely Flavorless then others it is fine, can be leftovers and have both sensations over time from Same Meat.  I am having serious issues with names now, people I am in contact with DAILY, work with them and one day name is right there, next I know I know it but just no name.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 7:01pm
I tested positive for covid Christmas Day 2020. I have ‘long covid’. I am easily breathless, have bad fatigue and my right arm is week and has a burning nerve sensation almost constantly. I am a trim carpenter and my employer has been real good, but I have not missed any work days from it after the first 10 Day isolation!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 10:16pm

Well,,I would tell Ya'll when I had covid,,,if I could only remember,,,!!  Ain't that the chits,,,??  I never lost my sense of smell or taste. I was very fortunate in being able to take  The Monoclonal Antibodies and Ivermectin the very next day after diagosed with covid and I'm telling you, The RN that administered the infusion Of the MA told me "You are gonna feel MUCH BETTER by tamorraw and feel like before covid in 3-4 days after,,,,!! SOoooo my memories of the covid are  sorta short,,altho my heart STILL hurts for all the people that suffered greatly and some good friends that did not make it past covid. I hope that those that caused this world wide calamity will one day pay for their sins,,,,,,
 The worst aftereffects I have are the dizzyness thru out the day, altho they do seem to be coming less and less with time,,,? I have got to where I run out of gas long bout noon to 2 Pm and have to go in and lay down for bout 2 hours,,,no biggie but prior to covid I was up at bout 8Am and go til almost dark,,,,dang sure cannot do that anymore,,,,,
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 7:48pm
[QUOTE=DanWi]Unexplained aches and pains that come and go,lack of energy and ambition, do I blame it on old age, COVID or the cold cloudy late spring we are having. At my wife's work 2 of her co-workers boyfriend & girlfriend live together he just tested positive and she tested negative.[/QUOTE
What type of reply is this ?? Are the aches/pains/energy loss YOURS ??? What's the soap opera with the wife's co-workers, are they suffering the symptoms of the OP ?? ??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 7:52pm
There are TWO SENTENCES FreeGas... TWO  DIFFERENT situations... TWO.... try to pay attention..
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 7:56pm
I did, that was the DUMBEST reply I've ever read on here in 9 years 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 8:02pm
Typical FreeGas... take a serious discussion and some ASSHOLE has to jump in and do his "STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" routine.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

I did, that was the DUMBEST reply I've ever read on here in 9 years 
Obviously he doesn't read his own replies...
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 12:18am
Fellows, I had it in October. Still can't smell much. I'm trying CBD gummies to help with brain function and tintinits. Guys the CBD ain't working. Been taking it a week. The only thing I can remember is needing to go to the bathroom and getting hungry. Was in town today, I had an order for the grocery store, drove buy it twice and when I got home I remembered their order was in the back. I spent 8 hours today looking for a new 24" electric range for mom. I can't find one in this part of the state. People checked in Minneapolis, Omaha, Chicago, and KC. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow to look more.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:52am
Niece admits she has real memory issues, she is now in a testing program at a medical center in Cape that is studying the long term and near term issues with COVID recoveries.  What has been touched upon and determined is the Virus accesses the brain either thru the olfactory nerves or the blood stream and/or both in many cases where it affected brain cells.  They have made brain scans with brain cell activity mapping that shows decreased values in a few patients, brains in a number of older(OVER 55) patients were noted as to faster shrinkage rates than as typically seen with aging issues.  My niece her hubs and her in-laws are all a part of the program, the oldest daughter(8) was entered in yet showed no signs of brain disfunction so will be tested at later stages of development if she accepts that.
fjdrill View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjdrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 7:50am
CBD has not ANY medical way to fix brain fog!!!! The most it can do is make you high. The reason you have brain fog is there are tiny vessels that allow blood to enter and exit the brain. Bacteria, viral and other pathogens attack/ block the flow of blood to brain at entrances to vessels. The results are narcotic loss of tissue that will not regenerate leading to Dementia. This all happens at a microscopic level. Hence will never be discovered with MRI. Have to observe thru Micoscopey. (Ref. Dr. Alan McDonald, Dr. Eva Sapi.).  I had increasing brain fog with Several tickborne diseases.  Had at length discussion with my Lyme specialist.  "There are more $$$$ in investigating something than curing it and a whole industry to support the end results."
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 8:22pm
Lou, I never lost my sense of taste and smell but it is now altered at times. I may have had Covid early in 2020 before it became popular but had no after effects until I got the two Moderna shots and then my energy went downhill. I tested positive for Covid just after Christmas this past year and it was about like a mild case of the flu but I am still trying to get completely over it. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 10:49am
My wife and I had it in Jan 2022 not that sick but very drained of energy to do much of anything. My sense of smell never left , but hers did. Until I commented on this topic I did not know hers is still off. She has made comments about being able to smell different things, so I did not know at times she still has trouble smelling things.
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 1:05am
I had the first wave fever started and tested March 25, 2020 no lingering effects.  Started donating plague plasma and had antibodies at a useable level for 8 months. My youngest had it last Christmas and I stayed home to watch her (her symptom's lasted <16hrs) I went to the hospital for an blood draw anti-body test 3 weeks later and was positive with 0 symptoms 0 effects.  I have not received the shots and will not as I have continued to proof they are unnecessary for most.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 9:16am
 I have not received the shots and will not as I have continued to proof they are unnecessary for most.  

I would say SOME... not MOST..... i THINK 1,000,000 dead WOULD DISAGREE WITH YOU ?? ............. also , if your 35-40 years old it is a LOT DIFFERENT, than if you are 65 - 85 years old.

Edited by steve(ill) - 29 Apr 2022 at 9:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic