This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Likely to end up single yet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Likely to end up single yet
    Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:02am
Wife played a game on me, "Allowed" me to work on the Big KW, fully intending to not ever step into it or to allow to purchase a RV.  That she admitted to last evening.  She went on to note she wants to be Debt Free in the Next EIGHT years and then we can go on retirement trips and vacations,  She will be 69 I will be beyond 75.  BOTH have arthritis, BOTH have concerns as to age related maladies where I noted by the time arrive there will be UNABLE to do those things she envisions.  Doctors have on three occasion noted my eyes are dying, necrotic tissue in both where the retinas are failing, estimate is 10-MAYBE 15 years and yes, she was sitting with me in Both explanations.  So, the Kenworth Project was her pacification of my need to be doing something, NOT to get out and see the world, just to be busy and not bothering her.

Next up the Farm, actually stated likes living here, did NOT want it but Pacified MY need to be on the land.  Repeated that Pacification concept as to ALLOWING me to do certain things just to give me some slack.  Went thru everything we ever did, the Lake life, the move in career path and working the Power Station that bought her so much comfort, said if had been up to her would probably not bent to allow leaving the little garage job in O'Fallon MO as was more closely aligned to her taking care of her family members.

So I bulled up a little tighter.  Closed lips and closed mind at this point.  She welcomed the extra efforts I made as made her feel good but lost to her design as to her intentions on finishing this life.  KW is in process of listing, several friends in the business are plying to known buyers to sell it for me.  Soon as it is gone will look to moving my stuff out of here, all the Farm equipment going to Nephew for the Now HIS place at Salem MO.  My extra tooling I will no longer need will go to Craisglist then I will gather up my belongings and start sale of this place.  She is not apprised of that direction, yet.

Her final commentary was all she INTENDS to do is sit and watch TV after work until SHE can retire where will then get up and I can take her around the country, She also noted intends to stay working to Full SSI age of 67, six years out and that nothing I enjoy seems to fit her desires to see or do, she will make the choices of trips.  Her own Dad's words repeated as he retired at 64, where he crawled into a recliner and lost physical function dramatically in less than a year. She then explained 'I' needed to arrange sale of the Farm ground outside of the house and a few acres so we can live a little easier where her bills can be paid faster, Oh and she will need a replacement car in next year or so.  I feel like a abused wallet or bad bank loan.

So the time is ripe and the abilities to get it done are still functional.  Will find her a little house to reside in, most likely in or around Washington MO where as soon as moved and the farm gone I will also be gone.  Spoke with younger brother outside of Cape Girardeau MO, said are still plenty of small places I can hole up in there to finish out my days and family there to help me get along when health goes to hell and gone. Can vagabond from there to points south or west, visit older family and friends have missed for several years, will keep my Harley until eyes worsen then will situate locally.

Do not care to ever file divorce myself, will be her choice as she would cut own throat as to my pension transfer and life insurance after I pass, will not explain that unless get into court for the big D where once signed she will be explained to.  May be leaving the forum from here, lots of stuff I need to finish up and close out, get some final health concerns attended and begin aligning for Single life again.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:13am
sadly, welcome to the 'boat of misery', please grab an oar........
similar up here ,north of the 49th.
I've come to the conclusion it's all about females wanting CONTROL. 'HER way or the highway'....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:18am
lots of compromises in life.... Wife wanted to live in the country, same county as her family.. I live in suburbs all my life, but wanted a country life.... Raised two kids and the are gone.. She visits family and i work on the ground / projects / help son with equipment.. See her in the morning and late afternoons / evenings.... Everyone has their own expectations....we go to grandkids ball games and eat out 3 times a week...... you have the ground / tractors / shop / semi .. dont sound too bad from your point of view... she has her own interests also........ not a bad compromise.

Edited by steve(ill) - 19 Feb 2023 at 8:19am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 10:18am
Only the compromise is she does not want to be here.  Reinforced that yesterday. 

Hates the Farm, loves the view, does NOT appreciate they are part and parcel together.  "Loves" the house yet I am the designated Cleaner and purveyor of repairs.  Wants NO Debts, Forgets Cars and repairs, her clothing change ups(CC use), Taxes and Insurances that never go away nor down.  Was just asking about replacing LR Furnishings(Three years aged) then her car is now six years old, My own are 24 and 13 respectively, even my Bike is 11 years old.  Afraid repairs will exceed a payment price, either paying to repair or buying under LIMITED warranty.  Even that KW is 18 going on 19.  Yet her desires are a new Bedroom set including some form of magic make it hurt less mattress(after that since two years ago). wanted to add more Plants she does not care for outside, yet the prices and her labor to install shut that down.

Once I get her situated wherever, and move to my own abode, she can call whomever she wishes to fix all she tears up.  Tore three towel bars off bath wall removing the towels forcibly over last couple years, and were screwed into Reinforcement Blocking, broke several Screws and folded three brackets over pulling so harshly.  I actually Love my wife, just cannot stand the 12 year old temperament she never left behind.

Edited by DMiller - 19 Feb 2023 at 10:27am
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 12:18pm
After all those years, sell everything and move to town to make her happy?  Not everyone is happy living the country life.  Not everyone desires to live the camper/nomad life.  Living somewhere for many years, doing a job for many years when your not happy may just be building up?  She gave you how many years doing it your way?  Now time to do it her way to make her happy?  I've always been told, happy wife happy life.  Is it too late to give her what she now desires after you've had your desires how many years?  I would not blame her for wanting a debt free retirement.

I got lucky, we both worked to ensure we could retire debt free but we do watch our pennies.  Fortunately, my wife loves it in the country although I can see it will end someday as our health dictates.  If things don't change soon, I will be the reason we become small town, ie property dwellers that does not need daily care/work.  I will say after 40 years of living *my* way, I would happily change our lifestyle for one that she desires for another 20.

My wife enjoys time in an RV, but days at a time, not months or as a lifestyle.  I could live in one but, we compromise.  A small trip here and there, for longer trips, we either fly or take trains, stay a few days in a hotel and rent a car.  In the end, alot of trips cost about the same whatever way we go and she's home quicker.  AND, happier!

Not saying our way would work for you, but, is SHE worth it to you to keep her?  We do have our spats, everybody does, it's just life.  Can't change that, don't care who a person thinks they are or what they can do! 

You said: Wife played a game on me, "Allowed" me to work on the Big KW, fully intending to not ever step into it or to allow to purchase a RV.  That she admitted to last evening.  She went on to note she wants to be Debt Free in the Next EIGHT years and then we can go on retirement trips and vacations,  She will be 69 I will be beyond 75.

Maybe she let you go about doing your thing because she knew it made you happy?  Wifes have been know to do these things ya know.  Trips/vacations?  Sounds like it's for the both of you.  BOTH of you.  Honestly, I think your over-reacting IMHO.

She will be 69 I will be beyond 75  You knew the age difference when u married her.  I married an older woman, I understood there would be differences in our old age, just don't act like an old phart when she's not quite there.  Problem could be you, not her.

I'm not there, don't know your and your wife's situation, but if I may suggest... step back, take a deep breath and relax.  Try to see it from her side, walk in her shoes for a little while so to speak.  I promise you, the grass IS NOT always greener on the other side of the fence, might even be much more lonely, more bitter tasting than you think.

Apologies if you think my reply is out of line, but I hate when anyone starts crying about a big *D* when one, or both have their head up their arses and are blind to another's wishes.  No.... on second thought, I don't apologize.  Pull your head out of your back-side.

Edited by NDBirdman - 19 Feb 2023 at 12:48pm
1955 WD45 S#205467, 190XT #6652 DXT
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 12:35pm
re:
I promise you, the grass IS NOT always greener on the other side of the fence, m

well, it was here ,until 3 years ago....
that's when I sold my 'acre of fun'..this year I HAVE to get rid of 3 D-14s,spreader,forklift,Holmes400 wrecker,dumptrailer, and....
hmm, spring in 28 days, and 58 till the 'where do I put this stuff day'..

dang NDbirdy NOW I'm depressed, thanks.....Cry

NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

re:
I promise you, the grass IS NOT always greener on the other side of the fence, m

well, it was here ,until 3 years ago....
that's when I sold my 'acre of fun'..this year I HAVE to get rid of 3 D-14s,spreader,forklift,Holmes400 wrecker,dumptrailer, and....
hmm, spring in 28 days, and 58 till the 'where do I put this stuff day'..

dang NDbirdy NOW I'm depressed, thanks.....Cry

Your welcome!  It gets me when ppl think material things are more important than family, life, love.  Every one of those material items can be replaced, life can not be.  I just finished editing my post, maybe read the last paragraph.
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 1:09pm
This hits me close to home.  One of my kids is going through a nasty D.  One of them is a narcissist and an alcoholic.  To this day has not pulled their head out of their arse to see the damage they are/have caused.  Head is still up the arse, even after treatment and thinks they are the victim.  Too damn far up their arse yet to see the damage they caused to a young child and spouse.  Only thing they now want is to keep the house and all money away from the other, does not realize they caused the whole darn thing.  *They* are the victim??  This is why I really hate this crap, I say to them, and the op, I will repeat what I said before, pull head out of arse and shut mouth, look at what is really going on!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 1:40pm
Been a road of tough decisions, making things and attempting to make our house a Home, she has not ever joined in on.  Makes a little decision thinking it pacified me then a week later is not what she wanted to start with.  Essentially lied to me to get us where we are.  Since we split in 2000 and regrouped she has been distanced, I stole her away from being at bedside with her parents, anything I wanted to do became a burden if something should happen at "Her Home" meaning her parents house.  She made that slip more and more until her mother passed and now is trying to shift to forcing her sister to accept her doting who has all but told her to back off.  Her sis lives in West STL County in Overland.

I have no family around here anymore, a distant cousin across the river north of here but we were never close, time is done.  Has been her expectation I drop everything to be with her at any event of her family, my family was discounted where she would tell me Just go(Alone) and say hi for her.  Put that foot down a time or two but gained nothing more than a stalwart OK I'll go.  Have stayed second to any and everyone as well anything else for 37 going on 38 years.  Will give her her freedom to do as she see fit, no encumbrances.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 2:13pm
Very well said John.... good story on "the kids"...... way to many people JUST DONT GET IT... and never will.

step back, take a deep breath and relax.  Try to see it from her side, walk in her shoes for a little while so to speak.  I promise you, the grass IS NOT always greener on the other side of the fence, might even be much more lonely, more bitter tasting than you think.

Apologies if you think my reply is out of line, but I hate when anyone starts crying about a big *D* when one, or both have their head up their arses and are blind to another's wishes.  No.... on second thought, I don't apologize.

Edited by steve(ill) - 19 Feb 2023 at 2:14pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 3:31am
Soon as truck money has been banked and I can align with family the wife is getting a taste of what she produced.
I will take a break from life here, no itinerary, no set schedules, no contact except when I want to update her am OK. She can attend her dog, the house, the trash she compacts into the kitchen can until becomes a rock. She will come to understand what she is looking at or can get pizzed off and decide is where she wants to be. Most likely disappear a week or two, maybe three. Go fishing, do a little bike touring, just become a black hole she cannot see awhile.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 5:41am
Originally posted by NDBirdman NDBirdman wrote:

After all those years, sell everything and move to town to make her happy?  Not everyone is happy living the country life.  Not everyone desires to live the camper/nomad life.  Living somewhere for many years, doing a job for many years when your not happy may just be building up?  She gave you how many years doing it your way?  Now time to do it her way to make her happy?  I've always been told, happy wife happy life.  Is it too late to give her what she now desires after you've had your desires how many years?  I would not blame her for wanting a debt free retirement.

I got lucky, we both worked to ensure we could retire debt free but we do watch our pennies.  Fortunately, my wife loves it in the country although I can see it will end someday as our health dictates.  If things don't change soon, I will be the reason we become small town, ie property dwellers that does not need daily care/work.  I will say after 40 years of living *my* way, I would happily change our
lifestyle for one that she desires for another

My wife enjoys time in an RV, but days at a time, not months or as a lifestyle.  I could live in one but, we compromise.  A small trip here and there, for longer trips, we either fly or take trains, stay a few days in a hotel and rent a car.  In the end, alot of trips cost about the same whatever way we go and she's home quicker.  AND, happier!

Not saying our way would work for you, but, is SHE worth it to you to keep her?  We do have our spats, everybody does, it's just life.  Can't change that, don't care who a person thinks they are or what they can do! 

You said:

Wife played a game on me, "Allowed" me to work on the Big KW, fully
intending to not ever step into it or to allow to purchase a RV.  That
she admitted to last evening.  She went on to note she wants to be Debt
Free in the Next EIGHT years and then we can go on retirement trips and
vacations,  She will be 69 I will be beyond 75.

Maybe
she let you go about doing your thing because she knew it made you
happy?  Wifes have been know to do these things ya know. 
Trips/vacations?  Sounds like it's for the both of you.  BOTH of you. 
Honestly, I think your over-reacting IMHO.

She will be 69 I will be beyond 75  You knew the age difference when u married her.  I married an older woman, I understood there would be differences in our old age, just don't act like an old phart when she's not quite there.  Problem could be you, not her.

I'm not there, don't know your and your wife's situation, but if I may suggest... step back, take a deep breath and relax.  Try to see it from her side, walk in her shoes for a little while so to speak.  I promise you, the grass IS NOT always greener on the other side of the fence, might even be much more lonely, more bitter tasting than you think.

Apologies if you think my reply is out of line, but I hate when anyone starts crying about a big *D* when one, or both have their head up their arses and are blind to another's wishes.  No.... on second thought, I don't apologize.  Pull your head out of your back-side.

Age was no issue and still no issue for myself, is her issue, jealous that I worked into a Pension and can be doing things "I want" nothing SHE wants.   I was looking at farms for over thirty years when bought this one, she again ALLOWED it even as is my own income paying for it.  Her income does not even pay for her habits, car or expenses for that car.   I left her for two months in 2000, she thought I would come crawling back and didn't, she had to call and say would try it differently which is what we have now, Lying to me to ALLOW me to please her.  
You may be a close second, mine is a bad case of spoiled little girl never grew up.  As noted will give her a Paid For IN TOWN place, with all those expenses she really believes can handle.  She cannot as not enough income.  She goes on SSI at 67 with inflation will end up in her sister's care.  Her sis managed to keep her house together as a divorcee for these last 38 years, refinanced twice, still owes some on it where has a small investment and SSi of close to $2000/mo as is 66 now when retires this fall.  Will pay off her house and fall back to closeting as much money as can, that she revealed last visit.

Wife has no clue.  Really believes I and my Retirement are permanent as Cannot live without her, that fantasy is about to close out.

She played a dangerous game, got caught in the lie. I do not care for being lied to where she knew who I was, my dreams and desires, my age.
Placated me into believing she was good with our life not ever saying was not her considerations, until now.

Edited by DMiller - 20 Feb 2023 at 5:58am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 8:33am
 Well Dave,,I really feel for your dilemma. The "D" may be your only option, altho it should be your last option as you must be aware her attorney will attempt to tear up any and all agreements that were discussed by you and her. I was married for 53 years and there were disagreements along the way, even "D" threatened a few times, we managed to work past those times. You state that you still LOVE her and there is half of ya'lls battle won by both "IF" you choose to work on that. I will say this, Dave, LIFE is hard as it is,,,altho you will most likely out find that being away from her for as long as ya'll have been together is going to be VERY LONELY! I hope ya'll are able to talk things thru with plenty of GIVE & TAKE by both of you. Good Luck!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 1:13pm
All I have is Pension, Does NOT pay to a Non Spouse, that is Company controlled. and Life Insurance the Company provided for retirees, ALSO will NOT pay out to a 'D' spouse.   Have alternate there for Nephew as had no children of our own.  

She can approach on Distributions of Investments, she has a similar value and would have to cash out half in that case.  6/1, half dozen other.   Cannot get half of my SSI, as hers is already greater than that.  Cat and mouse as to Attorneys.  Depends on how vile where already have two available and not so fun for playtime.    She cannot go for maintenance as she is Income Earner at similar value to my retirement, just has to scale back her lifestyle.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 1:44pm
Dave, not trying to piss you off, but you guys have bigger problems... Two good incomes for 40 years.. no kids.. 70 years old and your in big debt ?  Now you want to have TWO houses, TWO electric bills, TWO of everything ?   Unless you sell everything you got, stop buying toys and move into a VERY small house / apt .... its not going to solve anything.

Wife worked for 10 years and we had two kids.. She stayed home and raised them. I supplied the money.. "WE" decided what "WE" would buy with "OUR" money... Balance the budget, dont go crazy, and not be in debt when we retire......It can be done, but you have to BUDGET all the money..
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 3:19pm
IF I could get her to stop buying Clothes every two to three months, stop sending $1000 to grand Niece every couple months and looking to buy furniture every other year.  Then add sitting in front of Boob tube 8-14 hrs A DAY, HAS to have Dish, Has to have streaming or will miss Mandalorian or a NCIS Rerun of a Rerun, all I ever wanted was a decent weather report, had ROKU and that was enough for me.  She is NEVER active or trying to do something constructive.  I made and hung curtains in Home, I do all the Painting and Cleaning, cannot get her to even clean window door in shower when milks over.  I change the water filters, the salt in softener, do dishes by hand or Dwasher and put away.  She won't even keep that 2017 Explorer clean, last I saw it clean had a CC bill for $12 at a New Haven MO Auto Wash, not ever by hand.

RV is not another home, NOT buying new any more than bought the Haul truck new.  MOST I will spend as to looking is 28,000 and yes they are out there and is less than a car payment for two years.  Already done that math with Insurance cost.  NOT in Debt that deep, sitting on last ~eight years of a 30 yr we have been paying from 150 to 250 extra per payment knocking years off.  What has gone nuts is Property taxes, Doubled last two years, Insurance DOUBLED Last two years, had been shopping there too, nothing better.  County reassessed the House and 8 acres, current taxes over $4500 yr, double of two years ago, Insurance is two policies(Separate Equake) over $2200.  That ramped the House loan dramatically.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 8:47pm
One ( the only ? ) smart thing I did when we bought the house was setup a 3rd bank account..a joint account , the 'house' account. All 'house' bills gets paid from there..taxes,gas,hydro,insurance,food,repairs..mortgage laid off long ago
The deal was we each put 1/2 of whatever is needed and whatever is leftover of our personal paychecks, we can spend  on whatever we want, as the 'house' is satisfied.
When the roof needed to be done, we each put 1/2 into the house account,paid from there. It just made sense to me. It also SHOWS real easy WHAT it COSTS to 'run a house'.

I've never understood how  a couple do the 'you pay the mortgage, I pay the utilities and food' split... seems like a recipe for disaster.

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 7:02am
Not trying to push my beliefs on you so please don’t take this wrong.
When we have troubles I go in to the woods and pray. I get back in there where I can’t hear motorcycles, cars and trucks or any distractions.
I have a good sit down with God.
Crazy it may sound but it sure awakens me clears my negative thoughts and gives me a clear path as to how I can be a better worshiper, husband and person.
I always make it a point to pray for those of whom my troubles seem to be with.
Marriage is a job and not easy at times.
Much harder than this ole boy ever dreamed it would be.
God gave me me to mold , shape and try to make better.
I try to focus on how I can change me to make me better.

Just so you know, Dave I do understand.
I’ll be praying for you both.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 7:21am
Thanks Thad, been in our Church doing just that while exercising my anger off.

Still have projects in works, will be finishing those up as speak with our Lord.

Been splitting down my trailer load of Rocks, for the landscaping edge I envisioned.  Will be selling a bunch of larger tooling after this is done.  Lathe and Mill will leave, then the Old F250 for whatever is worth,.  Will keep the KW as need a truck to haul my stuff away once sell off the rest.

Weather is warm and dry for today will be out there again, ALL Day.  Scribe a saw cut, start the chisel runs.  Back and forth, forth and back until shears.

Edited by DMiller - 21 Feb 2023 at 7:22am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 7:25am
Dang I never knew Allis-Chalmers made rocks !!! Sure looks like faded PO#1 to me !!!
I bet the trailer will be happy the weight is off it's back !

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 7:34am
By way truck lugged to pull may be close to six or seven ton.  Been sitting as worked KW, now is time to complete.

Wife admitted over the weekend has only played along with my dreams, expecting me to become bored where as didn't drifted off to essentially force a drop of that last event.  The Motorcycles, wanted ONLY to take short local hops, not vacation on.  The boats, enjoyed the Lake but knew I enjoyed boating, then found a excuse to avoid where expected me to give up and did.  The Farm, expectation of becoming bored in year or so and resume use of BILs place, did not happen so avoided speaking of it then SUGGESTED build house she laid out desires for expecting me NOT to find such wildest of her dreams pattern or being able to afford, it appeared.  Now she expects me to just leave it all go, buy into her ideal of sitting watching TV until she can retire then we can get up and go places.  

HER Words NOT my own.  Loads of angst built up.  Started the above process where will give her that idealist dream, just will not share into it.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 7:24am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

she wants to be Debt Free in the Next EIGHT years and then we can go on retirement trips and vacations,  She will be 69 I will be beyond 75...
...by the time arrive there will be UNABLE to do those things

Everything else pushed aside, the key circumstance is right here.

Life is a limited-time offer, and there's no warranty or guarantee expressed or implied.  Our primary debt is to Mother Nature, and when she forecloses, all we have left, is our debt to The Almighty, and we HOPE that debt is forgiven.

The unfortunate situation with life, is that it may end swiftly, or slowly, and the latter usually means we lose capacity to pursue the activities which make us whole.

And oftentimes, that happens to people who don't realize what that is, until after they've lost that ability... and the realization leaves them in emotional ruin.

Clearly, YOU see that, but she apparently doesn't.  It does NOT take an English degree to read the writing on the wall.  At four years old, sitting on the dock with my grandfather, drop-line fishing for perch, he told me that we have the ability to see the future, we usually just don't know how to look for it.

Relationships basically never follow the exact same path, but usually the paths are very close together.  There are points in the path that spread apart a bit, which is a good thing (one must have their own ambitions and avocations) but there's basic things that need to be coincident in order to make things 'work'.  You've identified some things that clearly aren't lining up... and you've identified some issues that totally disregard the obvious future circumstances you'll face.

I can not, in any way, claim that I haven't faced situations like this...  I suspect you're like me, in that you don't have a 'chair'...   By that, I mean, when I walk into my livingroom, there's a sofa, a recliner, and a coffee table, and none of them are 'mine'...  I have an office full of computers and drafting equipment, a music room full of instruments and recording gear, an electronics/radio lab, a machine shop... and lots of space outside where things get done.  The concept of having 'a chair' isn't something I could ever have... nor will I be a happy man when I get to the point where all I can do, is sit in a chair that I call 'mine'... and a result, I have a very difficult time relating to people who do...  and I suspect you, and a large volume of everyone else on this forum, are probably very much same.

We get to a point (if we don't check out quicker) that we enter the door of assisted living, and then down the hall to nursing home... then after that, hospice care... then the mortuary, and a cemetery plot.  I'm not in any hurry to see that first doorway, but I see others who are, and start that path early by moving into big corporate condominiums beside golf courses.  If I ever get stuck with that, I'll be violating every code, covenant, and restriction of the HOA by raising chickens, working on tractors, putting up big antennas, welding in the driveway, and shooting clay targets off my back deck.  "It will lend new meaning to a "Shotgun Start" doubles tournament, right?"  Fore!  PULL!!

Whatever happens, I hope for the best resolution for you.

Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 8:05am
Yesterday she texted wanted to talk when got home from work, got hair done, came home had dinner, focus locked on TV and that is as far as went.

I attempted to initiate discussion but NCIS Hawaii took precedent.  So I finished up some dishes, cleaned up kitchen and myself then went to bed.  NOTHING said as got up with her as she readied for work so guess not worth any effort.  

Placed my Mill and Lathe on CoMO craigslist this morning.  Next up Gas powered welder and portable compressor once cleaned up.  Welder needs a battery before list.  Reducing my larger materials that will have to move, see no use in retaining.  Will keep carpentry/plumbing equipment for next place I have to work on.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 8:43am
Dave, i would look at the END GOAL... Do you need to sell the house for the money, or just to Separate ? .... One option would be to stay there, sell off a lot of the tools you dont need , keep the shop with minimal equip for some future SMALL projects , sell off the surrounding farm ground to pay off your debt early, instead of in 6 years...... Sell the Semi and get you a newer pickup that dont need a lot of work.

Keep the house and several acres so you can continue to hunt and work in the shop. Possible to even pickup a few hours a week as truck driver.. Not a a JOB, just as a "get out and do something"... as long as your eyes hang in there...

Many people live in the same house, but live two separate lives.. Not a bad idea.. Saves you looking for another place and having to put time and money into it..  Plus, you really dont know what shape you will be in 10 years from now.. Story could change in 5 years. Dont get locked into something for long term.

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Feb 2023 at 8:44am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 9:12am
Is not the debt load, cannot get her interested in efforts of house keeping or even being engaged as a couple.  As sits could lop off 60 acres, would do me no good for any form of hunting maybe a garden where sale removes the Barn I store my AC and land maintenance equipment in.  At current pricing for acreage, after ROI off land sale MIGHT gain enough to pay loan to house off and have cash in bank but then still no effort on her part.

I bought here to have the Land and a Home, she treats it as her dumpster and snack palace, stores her stuff she does not want to worry of while keeps her food stuffs full.  Our bedroom has two corners packed with stuff she stated would get to, FIVE Years ago, have to move out of the way for pest service to spray.  I leave it out she stuffs it right back then walks away.  After her Mom passed they sold her parents home, had a two day Auction materials sale of the stuff the younger kids did not want.  All that was left over is in our basement, a FULL Uhaul trailer of boxes of 'Stuff'.  She says are her memories yet NOT EVER does she do anything with the Stuff, walks around and ignores it.  We have SEVEN round point shovels an five square edge, all but three were her Dad's, have old garden hoses I pitch one or two every so often as her Dad would not throw away for YEARS.  All manner of junk that has no purpose she HAD to keep takes up space and never moves.

Whines my old pickup is loaded with stuff in cab(Fence and other farm tools) her car looks a dumpster been emptied in it.  I say anything starts a fight.
Been building for over 30 years I just got to breaking point.

Just my retirement income is Net over $4000/month, her net payroll on regular hours is $2000, she whines as to Having to Work to pay MY Bills.  Cashed $26,000 out of MY 401K to buy her car so no payment, have not used a Cent of her money as to KW or Farm or even our feeding materials.  Bought last beef quarter and hog half with twelve full flash frozen chickens with farm rent money for last half 2022.  She tags the bank account $300-400 every visit to Wally World, cannot cram more clothes in closet and nothing ever leaves.  Tried a trick of her cousin, turned hangers around on some stuff, are STILL on rail backward two years running.  Last I bought just for me is on a shelf in a Armoire clothes cabinet.  Less than $200, in a Year.

Buys Health Foods for Diets, sit in cabinet until best by date is a year passed, I then pitch.  Bought exercise equipment and had me put downstairs, I took batteries out of indicator systems to keep from corrupting, she has not ever used any of it.  Bought walking clothes and shoes, still in boxes, clothes no longer fit and shoes soles are crumbling.

Sad as all she has is TV Drama shows, Jeopardy she records with Mandalorian and other special shows she records from Streaming.  Had to dump from DVR as became full, only had DISH for a year now.  

Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 11:05pm
Dave, prayers all works out for the best. God Bless! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 11:56pm
DMiller not sure what Missouri does or your income level but here where I live, we qualify for an assessment freeze based on our age and income.  
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 1:16am
D, since the old gal passed on from covid, I find myself so darn busy, I sold both motor homes, I am keeping up with the honey bees. I think I've found out why I am not getting any on line orders. We have lost the part of our website that is secure. #1 son is looking into it.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Wayne180d Wayne180d wrote:

DMiller not sure what Missouri does or your income level but here where I live, we qualify for an assessment freeze based on our age and income.  

Looked into that, used to be a Homesteaders Act here, was dropped a number of years ago.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 6:31am
Originally posted by 200Tom1 200Tom1 wrote:

D, since the old gal passed on from covid, I find myself so darn busy, I sold both motor homes, I am keeping up with the honey bees. I think I've found out why I am not getting any on line orders. We have lost the part of our website that is secure. #1 son is looking into it.

Thought about where headed, she was also, knows she cannot afford housing on her own and does not want to rent as is also insane high around here.  She considered moving into Sis's house but she noted NO ROOM for all the stuff either as all Her Stuff is flowing over.  She then got to thinking how we got here, is rethinking her nonsense and said will adjust considerably more to where I deem we will live.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic