This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lightening up Allis C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lightening up Allis C
    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:17pm
Going Bareback like my CA except when I pulled off the C PTO the main shaft looses its back end support.  Flops around like crazy.   Don't feel comfortable with just a delete plate like my CA with a sloppy main shaft. Even the input splined end that goes in the clutch flops.    I know the input end won't flop when in the clutch
    Want to get rid of the heavy cast wheels .   What make stamped steel wheels have the same 5 hole bolt circle?   Maybe a Farmall Cub or  MF pony
     My CA was easy to make lighter by swapping out the stock wheels and power adjust  rims using Farmall A 6 hole stamped wheels ( same as AC D 10 and others ) with 11 inch wide 4 loop rims.  
      I have a pair of Jap Yellow  Deere 11 inch X24  without  loops.  Should bolt right up to a thin wheel.    What wheel does a Deere use?

Edited by Ken in Texas - 24 Sep 2018 at 9:18pm
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 12:07am
Sounds like the rear transmission bearing in your C is shot. A Farmall Cub’s wheels may be close, but if nothing else will have smaller holes. You will most likely have to get a set of plates to match the bolt pattern and weld thm into whatever centers you wish to use. How light do you want to get?
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:30am
     With the heavier than a B finals I still should get the C down. I put another hole in my belt. I was 200 plus now 165 or 170
      I have a 1/2 dozen or so C trannies to try for a good one. I kinda figured something in the one I was testing was shot.   The test tranny was out of a scrap C. Haven't checked the C I'm building yet. When I drove it out the tranny was quiet as a mouse in all gears. I will pull its PTO today.  Going to need another  PTO Delete Cover or make one.
      Designing a drawbar is my next Question
      With all my projects I wonder why  I' m Starting another.  

Edited by Ken in Texas - 25 Sep 2018 at 6:32am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:49am
MY CA long pin hitch Drawbar fixed at 20 inches.    Took the water out of the rears and droped the wheel weights.  Easy 2500 pounds. The 3 1/2 mph speed limit where I can pull hurts.  No class for hot rodding around here. Something about INSURANCE won't let us do EXHIBITION PULLS.
    I can still hang weights and pull 3000 and 3500. Getting the balance front to rear is the trick
    Check out my post in Classifides

Edited by Ken in Texas - 25 Sep 2018 at 9:00am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 11:26am
I have some more PTO delete covers. I can’t remember if I have the B/C type or just the D10/12 type. Why not put a C front on a B rear? Although a B whishbone is lighter than a C tricycle assembly. I’ve never had a problem with getting a B to 2000 pounds, I’ve even had a CA at 2000 pounds and was told “Don’t ever bring that tractor back here”.   Cub and Pony owners get testy when they don’t get a 🏆. What sore loosers they can be🙀
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 12:59pm
Paul
    I get tickled every time you post about sore loosers getting whipped by a Allis. In these parts nobody has showed up with a 2000 puller yet . Lucky to have more than 1 puller in 2500.
     The way YOU set up a little puller you can compete well  running in a higher weight class. Like a 500 pound handicap means nothing to you.
     A while back when I was running in 4500 with my CA and allowed to make 3 hooks It did well in 5000 weighing 4500.  Those days of tossing heavy weights around are over.
     I remember outpulling a local hero on his H in 4500. Not by much but enough for everybody to see. He and everyone else are still scratching their heads.   They made me weigh again.
      If you have a B/C pto delete let me know how much.
acd17toy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd17toy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:16pm

Ken, know what you mean about sore losers.    I pull my ugly unpainted, rusty WC in the 3750 farm stock many times beating WD's/WD45's with a d17 motor 38 inch tires and fancy paint jobs. They can not under stand how I can beat them most of the time.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:41pm
I don't understand why you need to loose weight to get a C to 2500#  ? What do you think it weighs stock ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 1:35pm
Terry Deans Data book gives a C the weight of 2200 pounds and a CA at 2850.  CA is 650 pounds heavier than a C . Hard to figure where the CA gains that much over a C. Wheels and tires should be lighter than a C or close to it. The CA centers are stamped steel offset by heavier power adjust rims.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 6:29am
Don't forget, the CA is a foot longer, has one more gear, all the hyd pump stuff, the hand clutch, and that big metal platform under the seat.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:40am
Anybody beside PaulB pull or ever pulled a C in Farm Stock or Otherwise?   The pic Paul sent me of his SFW C with the front wheel 3 feet in the air and no wheelie bars looked scarry.
     I found a extra pair of 13-6 24s on 11" rims hiding behind a bunch of rollers to play with.  Water is the cheapest added weight money can buy.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 04 Oct 2018 at 5:48am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 6:41am
That was my CA about 20 years ago. 11.2x36 rear tires.

Edited by PaulB - 04 Oct 2018 at 6:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic