This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

light farm stock 6060

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: light farm stock 6060
    Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 8:45pm
had a call some time back as to "what could be done" I told him to buy a 180 but he said club rules are 'stock' everything stock appearing and 3000 rpm, if it didn't come with a turbo can't run one. sooo... any ideas and experience as to what could be done. I think he said 7000 # class..maybe 6... food for thought anyway... suggestions welcome.
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 6:31am
That'd be a tough one, turn up the pump , I dunno if that 4 cylinder, would handle a bigger turbo? Doubt it,, I'd be working on stripping an XT down I think,,, I've always wanted to put a 426 in front of a 6080 tranny and rear end tho, with 7000 sheet metal it'd be all gear and have a few more speeds
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 6:46am
20 years ago we set-up a Customers 6080 to run 9000 lb farm class and was pretty successful with it. Had the torque screw backed clear out and windshield washer injection hid inside the air cleaner canister and I think we were at 140 or 150 HP with a nice 50% set of Armstrong 18.4 x 34 tires. This really was farm stock with no IH 1066's down at that weight.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 8:42am
maybe Ed can answer, can this pump head be switched to a 31mm? That with a larger injector.....Doc , if a stock unit could get that hp, then 180 isn't that far away. I know on some F3's we backed the screw out on we were at close to 30 psi on the little turbo - it can't stand more than that I would think. The next size up turbo with a larger A/R might give the same boost and live. The impeller on these sure look small.
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 10:41am
I set one up for a friend of 200 puller's, And it ran pretty well I guess. The heads in pump on the 433 engines are a .370" plunger diameter. I had the nozzles EDM a little as well. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 11:47am
Were there any 4 roller .31 heads ever built for 4 cylinders. DM...
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 6:26am
Remember, our water/alcohol injection system was 40 of those HP.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 11:40am
the 437 pump that's on those already can be built about as hot as one could stand to be. No real advantage to going to a 4 roller. There's lots of DB4 pumps that are .290, and possibly some .310, but with the odd mounting flange of the 6060-6080 it would be a lot of extra hassle for little gain in my opinion.

QUOTE=tbran]Were there any 4 roller .31 heads ever built for 4 cylinders. DM...[/QUOTE]
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic