This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lift pump mounting on a 190xt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lift pump mounting on a 190xt
    Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 9:23am
Ok hear goes I'm geting my injectionpumped redone and I got to put a external lift pump on y o supply fuel. My question is any one on hear have pictures of ware they mounted there lift pump.
This is a belt driven pump
Sponsored Links

2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 4:13pm
Must be one serious lift pump if it has to be belt driven! I have an electric one hidden in the battery box.
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 4:41pm
The lift pump I going to run. will be pushing 150 to 250 psi to my new injection pump. I know that Outher people are runing these belt driven pumps just curious ware there mounting them.
7040 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 8:01pm
My buddies that run ih youse ac compressor bracket to mount there belt drive pumps. I use an electric pump and it and my water injection pump are in my right hand battery box. If that helps
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 9:06pm
we used a barns pump driven by a shaft inserted into the hyd pump drive gear stuck in from the FRONT.
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 6:47am
Hay 7040 what's ur electric pump rated for. And what kinda price was ur lift pump. I'm kinda on a budget.
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 6:49am
Woops sorry I read that rong. I ment water pump. got to love smart phones.
7040 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 7:12am
I'll stop at the shop and look today I know I have set around 850 psi.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:57am
The most popular method for driving a fuel supply pump (for the last 40 plus years) has been a small pump sticking out forward on the hydraulic pump drive. This shaft runs a bit above engine speed. It is important to have a pump size that meets the GPM/GPH of the injection pump setting and NOT be returning a huge amount back to the fuel tank, which aerates the fuel causing other problems. Never return the fuel into the top of the tank directly over the outlet of the tank...always off to the side.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 6:36pm
Always heard of this setup; would luv to see a pic of it
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:30pm
Thanks for the info Dr
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 10:40am
My fuel pump is belt driven off the crank, hangs down below the crank and its in front of the engine. So the shaft sticks backwards. Oil pump is mounted the same way.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 8:31pm
Acfarmer do u have any pictures
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 11:06am
I'll have to take some. Getting ready for first hook of the year this weekend.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 1:50pm
It's still snowing hear.I can't wate till its pulling season.
I have a lot of work to do in the meantime. Good luck take some videos.
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 5:54pm
I don't aim to upset ya but 150 to 250 psi!! Way to much all your goin to do is cook your fuel in the return line. I have a p3000 pump and push up to 850 cc and I run 30 psi with a 12v spayer pump by rural king. Just a suggestion.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 7:09pm
I forgot what injection pump your running Ronnie, but a Roosa Master with a 450cc head will handle 200psi before locking up the rotor,, an inline A or P pump I'm thinking 30 psi is the max on those
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 7:41pm
I'm going to be runing a 310 rosa master.
I'm just trying to get close to 400hp
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 9:25pm
Back when I ran RoosaMaster pump, 250 psi was really asking for trouble unless you used a thrust bolt on the front of the drive shaft. Pump seizure was imminent at the transfer pump thrust clips unless you did this trick.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 8:44am
I have built some of the strongest Roosa pumps out there, and I NEVER eliminate the internal transfer pump. I did have one customer who insisted on keeping his huge external pump setup, and that is the only one I wasn't happy with. I told him my theory was the transfer pump is so big, and returned so much, that it was whir-pooling in the tank, and sucking air. The tractor would always pop. I like to feed them 15 psi from a black holley pump, which I keep on hand. I have nothing to do with Ronnie's system though. I have no idea where he's getting work done. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 9:33pm
Ed, the ones Noble and Ed set up used the bolt thrust kit as Doc stated and then they removed the transfer pump and delivery valve. That was on the 4 roller 631 maxed out. The stock tanks had 2 half inch lines, 2 AC fuel filter then to the transfer pump, then to the FP with a pressure regulator and the return was also a 1/2" hose to the bottom of tank. The pumps he used had no advance system as in trimmer screw. Just for nostalgia sake comment..
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 8:47am
Ya, I know back in the day, lots of roosas were built up to pull with, but, it seems they always had problems with seizing or other reliability issues. The way I set them up puts out lots of fuel, and they live a long and happy life lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic