This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lets see pics of the combines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:11am
I took this one a few years ago. I was at a customers' farm when he was just starting with his new S67.

Edited by JimIA - 19 Oct 2016 at 9:13am
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:23am
Originally posted by CrestonM CrestonM wrote:

Why do some Gleaners have that black band on the auger? Is that a patch?

It is reinforcement where auger lands in cradle when "in"
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:28am
Dale OH, ,I love that picture. 4W 305 looks awesome on that grain cart. But then again, they look awesome anywhere. Darrel
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:39am
yes that is a calander photo  Dale
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:41am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Not totally disagreeing but if you look at an R50 the cradle is at the very rear but the auger still has the band in the middle which a bump bar then is bolted to. There are plenty of L/M etc combines with no bump bar and no black band. The bump bar was an option, at least back then. That's my take but I've been wrong before.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
D17JIM2 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:41am
No pictures but I have spent some good times in my brother in law's 2166 CaseIH in 210 bushel avg. corn and 65 plus avg. beans. Six row head and 20' platform. Then the last 2 days were spent in a M3 for my brother. He has a 16' JD head on it and beans are running 55 plus on his clay hill ground. His other M3 with the 18 ft. gleaner head should be ready tomorrow. He is having some work done on both combines today. Since he lost his leg he has trouble crawling around under them to work on some things. I'm only a driver since some of my health problems. Love combining though !!
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

Not totally disagreeing but if you look at an R50 the cradle is at the very rear but the auger still has the band in the middle which a bump bar then is bolted to. There are plenty of L/M etc combines with no bump bar and no black band. The bump bar was an option, at least back then. That's my take but I've been wrong before.

What's a bump bar?
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:32am

Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

What's a bump bar?
Prevents denting the auger while unloading into a wagon or truck. Look at my pics and you'll see a black square tube on the underside of the auger tube.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
bake View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 7:31pm

Edited by bake - 19 Oct 2016 at 7:36pm
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:16pm
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 10:24pm
Our L3 has a bump bar (I never knew what that thing actually was) 

Dennis, that's not a Super 100, but still one of my favorites! Have you made any more progress yet on it?

Edited by CrestonM - 19 Oct 2016 at 10:25pm
JCFarms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCFarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 7:14am
Originally posted by D17JIM2 D17JIM2 wrote:

No pictures but I have spent some good times in my brother in law's 2166 CaseIH in 210 bushel avg. corn and 65 plus avg. beans. Six row head and 20' platform. Then the last 2 days were spent in a M3 for my brother. He has a 16' JD head on it and beans are running 55 plus on his clay hill ground. His other M3 with the 18 ft. gleaner head should be ready tomorrow. He is having some work done on both combines today. Since he lost his leg he has trouble crawling around under them to work on some things. I'm only a driver since some of my health problems. Love combining though !!

Ahhh Brazil, IN. Right close to my home town of Cloverdale.beautiful country. We farmed around there till 1982
D17JIM2 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 7:20am
I played 5 games against Rick Ford of Cloverdale and IU fame. I quarded him all 5 games. He did very well against me !!! Great small towns.
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 5:23pm
Nice picture of the super 100 Creston. Where did you find that picture?
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Lon(MN) Lon(MN) wrote:

Nice picture of the super 100 Creston. Where did you find that picture?

On an auction site out of Wisconsin. I'll get some more pics when I go to the Orange Spectacular next summer. 
Wait a minute Lon...you should know! You helped haul it! Lol

Edited by CrestonM - 20 Oct 2016 at 6:44pm
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 6:19pm
Ok I dont have any combining pictures. :( But my dad loved the Allis-Chalmers 60 series combines for doing custom work and later in life he used them to harvest his oats, wheat, clover and timothy seed.  I never really combined much if any. He set the machine and watched and adjusted it. He had at least three combines of that vintage. one or two for parts to keep  the best one in shape. The WD45 worked very well with them and Allis had a good combo there.

Ok I do have some old pictures of the All-Crop that I sold at my Uncles farm.

It went to a good home and is being used by a young farmer on his small crop farm.

Regards,
Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 6:43pm
Glad it went to a good home! Looks like a good machine. Those 72s are the sweethearts of the All-Crops, mostly because they don't have those crazy canvases (which aren't bad except the mice eat them and they are not too fun to install)
bakwoodsfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:13pm
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg548/bakwoodsfarmbakwoodsfarm/16a00a77-3ec2-4bb6-a241-162fd030e671_zpszu0m9ugw.jpg
This was my baby
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by bakwoodsfarm bakwoodsfarm wrote:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg548/bakwoodsfarmbakwoodsfarm/16a00a77-3ec2-4bb6-a241-162fd030e671_zpszu0m9ugw.jpg
This was my baby
1977?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:29pm
never posted a pic before, I give up
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:43pm
Dont give up! Looks like you have it in photobucket. in photobucket click on the text in the bottom of the picture you want to post. It should turn blue. Then hold the 'ctrl " key down and press the "C" key This copies the picture location. Open the Allis reply screen and Hold the "ctrl" screen again and the hit the "V" key. This should paste in the text for the location of your picture. (wont look like the picture until you preview the post).
Maybe that will help?
 Keep trying.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 5:54am
This IS my baby
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 5:55am
Tried it your way Chris, still didn't work
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:17am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QezkXTegA_k

This is my machine Creston

Edited by Lon(MN) - 21 Oct 2016 at 6:19am
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:34am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QezkXTegA_k

This is my machine Creston

Looks like a pretty sharp rig! What are those balloons for??
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:36am
Birthday party for the D17
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:46am

Birthday party for the D17

Lol!
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 7:21am
Here bakwoodsfarm; I copied the direct link on your photobucket. Clicked reply here on this thread. Then click the "insert image" icon above in the reply box and pasted the copied link to the space where it says image URL. You have to get rid of the http:// first and then paste your link. Then click "OK". Then click "Post Reply" and you're done.

Edited by Lonn - 21 Oct 2016 at 7:27am
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 7:30am
Here you go Lon
[TUBE]QezkXTegA_k[/TUBE]
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 7:55am
OK the way I described the text I copied from photobucket looked like the string of text below EXCEPT for this demo I put two spaces between the bracket and IMG "[  IMG". Normal way would be that the spaces would not be there. Just wanted you to see what the string of text pointing to your picture would look like.

[  IMG]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee170/Sugarmaker/AC%20plows/DSC04345.jpg[/IMG]

I will go back and look at your text string.

Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic