This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leg Pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leg Pain
    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 4:47pm
Have had some pains in my upper left thigh for a few years. Seems to be worse in the winter. Take a ibuprofen once a week or so when it gets to the point I cant sleep......... Got out of the shower today and wife had a can of BLUE EMU setting on the sink... I though "why not, I got nothing to loose".... rubbed it in and an hour later, NO PAIN !....... Don't know how long this lasts or what it does, but a good alternative to ibuprofen !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 6:17pm
I've used Blue Emu for some time now. It is not the cheapest out there but it does work. No stink either. But my shoulder is so bad now that it is time for some new parts.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 7:57pm
I also use the blue emu at times too, and it's really expensive here! also good for your skin, makes it more stretchable!
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 11:33pm
I've used the blue emu. Didn't feel a bit better. Have an outdated jar here yet.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 10:54pm
I have found Norco is the best cure for my leg pain.  But then, Mine comes from two different sources so it's a good choice!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 6:33am
Any time you can keep drugs OUT of your body, you're better off..
Wonder what BluEmu is made of ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 6:55am

Hey Steve,,,I feel for you on thet leg pain,,I do,,,, While I do not have the constant pain,,I have been gettin them DANG painful leg cramps at night that almost make you CRY,,,,,
I've made an appointment to visit my PCP,,soon as possible to see how my bloodwork is lookin,,,,
 Now,,a word of caution on the IbuProphen,,,One of the first questions they asked the wife at the Dialysis Clinic was,,,,  "Did you used to take a lot of Ibuprophen,,,?? The Dr there said that a big majority of people requiring Dialysis now,,used a lot of Ibuprophen,,!!  Might be food for thought,,cause the wife used to,,,,,,,
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 7:01am
I have found that when I get back or shoulder pain a good hot Epsom salts soaking in the bathtub helps me before I go to bed.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 7:34am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Any time you can keep drugs OUT of your body, you're better off..
Wonder what BluEmu is made of ?

Blue emus, naturally!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 7:47am

Active Ingredient: Trolamine salicylate 10% Topical Analgesic. Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Aloe-Barbadensis Leaf Juice(Aloe Vera), Cetyl Alcohol, D-Glucosamine, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, D-Panthenol, Emu Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, FD & C Blue#1, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate And Peg-100 Stearate, Methylsulfonylmethane, Mineral Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 80, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine , Tocopherl Acetate(Vitamin E), Water.

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:41am
I just remember from being a kid when mom used Bengay on you.... Stunk for a week... I tried the Blue Emu and it worked for 6 hours.  Bot something else at Wal Mart for a test last night. It has some MENTHOL in it which I had not noticed.. Stinks like Bengay, but seem to work for 12 hours last night........YEA Joe... that's the plan to use Ibuprofin as little as possible.. Same with asprin.   The asprin don't work on my aches anyway, unless its a head ache.

Stuff I bought at Wal Mart was a generic EQUATE brand PAIN RELIEVING CREAM... Main ingredients is Methyl Salicylate at 30%.......... but its also got Menthol 10% which I figure is the stink... Might look again for another brand without the Menthol.

Edited by steve(ill) - 21 Dec 2019 at 8:46am
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Active Ingredient: Trolamine salicylate 10% Topical Analgesic. Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Aloe-Barbadensis Leaf Juice(Aloe Vera), Cetyl Alcohol, D-Glucosamine, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, D-Panthenol, Emu Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, FD & C Blue#1, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate And Peg-100 Stearate, Methylsulfonylmethane, Mineral Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 80, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine , Tocopherl Acetate(Vitamin E), Water.

Now that you Wink got that spit out ConfusedConfusedConfused what did you say.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 1:31pm
I am pretty well Immune to most topical applications, anything with Caine in it does little to nothing, Dentist hates trying to numb my jaw for drill work as Novocain is about worthless, Lidocaine not any better from the surgeon I have dealt with, those and anything Opiate based or derived just worthless where currently use TO AS LITTLE as can tolerate Celebrex or Celecoxib.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 3:01pm
Ray JB was wonderin what it was made out of. I couldn't find a BLU EMU though. Wink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:54pm
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:54pm
I also am rather immune to things like Novocain….don't know about some of the other stuff you mentioned, but Novocain is about worthless on me
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:59pm
from what I have read, topical ointments for pain are generally limited to the skin. They do not penetrate tissue sufficiently to be of any value below the
skin.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 5:26pm
DMSO might drive it in further. Would need to use pharmaceutical grade and not the industrial grade.

Steve  LOL LOL LOL Thumbs Up
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 5:14pm
Local feed store sold more Absorbine Jr. Horse Linament Gel to people over 65 than for horses. Everyone said it worked great for back,leg and shoulder pain and mucle cramps. Just don't apply and put a saddle over it! https://absorbine.com/products/muscle-care/veterinary-liniment-gel/    ;
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:04pm
try active on, works for me.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 6:41am
Have a RX Diclofenac cream that helps my leg pain . Thanks !
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 6:58am
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

Local feed store sold more Absorbine Jr. Horse Linament Gel to people over 65 than for horses. Everyone said it worked great for back,leg and shoulder pain and mucle cramps. Just don't apply and put a saddle over it! https://absorbine.com/products/muscle-care/veterinary-liniment-gel/    ;

I use this a good bit. I figure if it works on a horse it should work on a jackass also. LOL Found another product a the feed store called Two Old Goats which is made of essential oils and it seems to give some long term relief. Alright now, no smart comments on the old goat similarity.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 1:17am
oh rats!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 1:18am
Steve...watch your legs...if they start to swell up, gits to the ER, ussually means you have a clot. 
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Steve...watch your legs...if they start to swell up, gits to the ER, ussually means you have a clot. 

You got to pay attention this is a year plus old that a new guy brought back to the top.Wink Nothing wrong with that but don't get yourself worked up cause Steve was in pain a year plus ago. LOLLOL Hopefully Steve is doing good now.

Not that I remember so good but when I saw Chas had replied, Confused I looked at the date. Did a bit more Cry over Chas being gone. He brought a lot of good laughs to me with his posting, miss him here a lot.

Edited by Ray54 - 26 Dec 2020 at 12:31pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 11:23pm
i too miss Chas!
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 7:42am
I also miss Chas . Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic