This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

learning to drive?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: learning to drive?
    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 1:08am
yesterday a 14 year old took his friends for a ride in his dads SUV, there were 5 of them. they stayed off the driving roads and only took field roads. after losing control of the vehicle then rolling it out ina corn field, one 13 year old girl died at the scene, 2 were flown to an Omaha hospital (2 different helicopters) and 2 were transported to Omaha in squads. their lives are all iffy still. i'm sure their families could use a few prayers right now.
Sponsored Links

LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 3:21am
My O My. So sad. Having so much fun one instant and hurt or deceased the next. When do parents start training their children? I feel so bad for the parents and telling them about the resurrection and seeing them again is not enough to take away the pain at this time. Prayers only will help along with a support group of friends. Oh, when will we ever learn.  Leon
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 3:38am
Prayers for all involved. Such a senseless tragedy that will never be understood. Rest assured that God is still in control. Only He can understand the reasoning of this. May God provide peace and closure for these families. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:42am
Prayers on the way for all involved. So trajic . Probably how most of learned how to drive on dirt roads .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:58am
Up here. last week , some very young boy ( <10 ) ,got into the SUV in the driveway,got it into neutral, panaicked, jumped out and got run over....
just HOW he got it outta gear is a mystery to me.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:15am
That’s a terrible tragedy. Prayers for all.

Thing is, several of us on here, myself included, did plenty of reckless, crazy, but fun stuff that not for blind luck could have ended the same way. Life is precious. And fragile. So sad.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 8:57am
 X2 what TBone says,,,,,soooooo sad,,,sigh.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 10:58am
Yep, all the crazy things,,,,,,,,,,,,why I'm still alive I'll never know.

Prayers go out to all involved
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 1:38pm
That is about as sad a story as you can get. Why have we been given another chance,and this group may not get one. Will pray for all families and the kids.

Raise your hand if you got away with dumb stuff.Clap Nice to have luck with you but always runs out someday. 

My neighbors step son wrecked 4 or 5 cars and pickups rolling several, made it to 30+ never got hurt much. At 34 rolled a Polaris side x side with 3 other people in it , and ran out of luck.Dead None of the others were hurt much.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 2:27pm
Some may disagree with me, but I firmly believe boys/men were designed by our sovereign Creator to take chances, be brave, stretch ourselves. We see it in most all of creation, young tigers, dogs, whatever, constantly sparing with each other, constantly exploring around them and challenging other critters they are not ready to challenge yet. God made man protector of women and children, and it is in this nature of taking chances that we grow and learn to be protectors.

As others here has said, most, if not all of we men on here know, through personal experience what I am talking about. Unfortunately, it becomes tragic sometimes.

I am not trying to justify breaking rules/laws, but sometimes youth wins out over common sense and the urge to 'stretch'.

May God be with these families in the coming days, weeks and years. I pray that perhaps some might come to know the Lord as their personal savior through this tragedy.
My prayers go out for the young men and women involved, and their parents.

Edited by LouSWPA - 06 Jul 2019 at 2:29pm
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 3:02pm
I'm a firm believer that the day you're born the good lord also know the day when he'll call you home and there is no change it. My God show the families the way of healing from this.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Kenny L. Kenny L. wrote:

I'm a firm believer that the day you're born the good lord also know the day when he'll call you home and there is no change it. My God show the families the way of healing from this.

agreed!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 10:09pm
Kenny I cannot agree more.  We have all been there but as I get older I realize life is precious I take less chances and do it right and safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic