This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late model AC130????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late model AC130????
    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 12:26am
Last year I bought 1 of those late model AC130 riding lawn mowers. Mine is a 2011 model running a 42" deck. It runs really well and mows really well. The problem I'm having is with cold starting especially after it has set overnight or longer. It acts like it is not choking yet everything appears to be hooked up and moving when I put the throttle into the choke position. It will just crank and crank until the battery runs down. I have resorted to removing the air filter cover and air filter whenever I need to get it started so that I can get a couple of squirts of gas from an oil can into the carburetor. This does work as it fires right up as soon as I turn the key and stays running without any issues after that. Once it is warmed up, I am able to shut it off and then re-start it without messing with the air filter and squirt can. If it sits long enough to cool down some, then it won't re-start without the hassle again. Is it a lost "prime" issue in the carburetor from sitting or electronic issue with the carburetor circuit?? I am not used to these newer machines which have wires going to the carburetor. The old B110 and 608 don't have this newer technology-LOL. Any suggestions or insights appreciated.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 7:10am
Make sure the choke cable is secure in the clamp and that its pulling the choke butterfly closed and not the whole cable moving and not closing the choke. Quite a common problem on small mowers because of the high vibration they encounter when running...
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic