This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Know anything about Masiker-Mobile ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Know anything about Masiker-Mobile ?
    Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 10:11am
Have you ever seen one of these ?

Masiker-Mobile Model E-R-M

Photos Taken Friday_11-May-2018 at Masiker's Antique Machinery Spring Show

I have heard thousands of tales about driving duplex and triplex multi-pole transmissions and having to run one's arm through the steering-wheel and work the levers while holding the mic in one's teeth --- I never believed any of them; having driven numerous multi-pole trucks in some very steep rolling country over the years, I never yet have had to resort to using more that one hand to do my gear shifting; yet, here in these two photos are picture-proof-positive that it can be done --- if that front wheel drops in a hole, it will break her arm and bloody her nose.

Sponsored Links

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 10:25am
That whole contraption looks like an accident waiting to happen!!  Model 'T' ford steering column with a later Ford steering wheel attached and those wide open U joints just waiting to grab something.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 2:22pm
Fred and Barney complained to Mr. Slate about the operation of that!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 2:32pm
so..
just HOW does one get ANY traction running steel slicks ?????
mr. Rube Goldberg would be shaking his head..
this can't possibly be a factory made unit  !!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 2:40pm
Looks like maybe a Economy prototype.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 2:59pm
Masiker, seems subliminal to me
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 6:18pm
[QUOTE=BuckSkin]
I have heard thousands of tales about driving duplex and triplex multi-pole transmissions and having to run one's arm through the steering-wheel and work the levers while holding the mic in one's teeth --- I never believed any of them; having driven numerous multi-pole trucks in some very steep rolling country over the years, I never yet have had to resort to using more that one hand to do my gear shifting; yet, here in these two photos are picture-proof-positive that it can be done --- if that front wheel drops in a hole, it will break her arm and bloody her nose.

[/QUOTE
If you look closely at the pictures, the lever she is reaching through the steering wheel for the clutch lever to slacken the belt drive and there is only a single transmission. 
  Back when I was a teenager and first got a license to drive a truck an older fellow told me there were 3 rules to driving multi stick transmissions: #1 never get in a hurry, #2 always do the upshift of the different sticks first, #3 NEVER EVER try to be a dumb a$$ cowboy and do a double stick shift.  Reason being, with non synchromesh transmissions when both get in neutral if you loose intermediate shaft speed, you be coasting over to the side to stop and start all over again.  That's worked just fine for me the last 50 years. Over the years I hear many stories of those Frank would call cowboys, I just smile and think of how they are hard chargers that most likely abuse anything they get their hands on 

Edited by PaulB - 01 Dec 2022 at 6:32pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 7:50pm
Totally homebuilt.  That looks like a Model A Ford transmission (torque tube flange in back) 
Definitely Model T 'power steering'... (there's a planetary reduction just under the steering wheel).

They're not 'steel slicks'... they're either ring-gear driven traction wheels, or ground-driven implement wheels (like a manure spreader, rake or sickle)... notice the internal ring gear/drive pinion setup?  The wheels have holes for cleats, they've removed them because they're not necessary for shows.

Hand clutch, belt roller...  I have NO idea what that differential came out of... it's nothing like any other I've seen lately... I'm thinkin' possibly out of either something from the early-mid '20's, or a non-big-three up through mebbie the 40's... but it's adapted to turn the pinions.  The strange thing is that the pinion appears to be dead-center in the housing... not down and to one side, so not a hypoid design. 
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:27am
On closer inspection, the front axle looks suspiciously like Model 'T' also, with some old implement wheels attached.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 12:15am
Yeah, Phil-  That's definitely a Model T front axle assembly.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 2:19am
JOE.....there's yer bumper!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 6:33am
dang Dave , I had to zoom up 500% to just see daylight in a hole at 11oclock on the right wheel ! have to take your word about the pinion/bullgear setup, though it makes sense ( like my A-C forklift fronts...)
too bad they didn't get the driveshaft/rear end better lined up.....poor old u-joint.

DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:01pm
Sorry, Jay, I should've explained how I figured that out:

First clue was seeing the six bolts through the wheel, about halfway between the hub and flange... signifying that there was something important attached to the back side.

The other, was applying some color-pattern adjustments to reveal what was a bit too shadowed to see on it's own...

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:21pm
thanks  Dave !!

i can see clearly now........ the rain is gone...
great got THAT in my head...oh well.

Jay

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

thanks  Dave !!

i can see clearly now........ the rain is gone...
great got THAT in my head...oh well.

Jay

Did I hear a request?Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 9:17pm
Got one of them new chain drive suspensions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic