This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kind Of Funny, And All Of It True

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kind Of Funny, And All Of It True
    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 12:47am
My daughter sang in church tonight. So to practice, my wife and daughter went in early and I drove in separate. Now I am not a drinking man, but I have been fighting a cold as of late. So I thought I would stop by the liquor store and pick up some brandy. It was 5:08 on my phone and the sign on the door read closed at 5:00. 

As I turn to go back to my truck empty handed, Santa Claus pulled up right beside me. I told him I was sorry that the store was closed and for me they would not reopen, but maybe for him they might. I really felt bad that the hardest working man on Christmas Eve would be turned away. He shook my hand and said it's all right. I turned to leave and then I turned back to him and thanked him for the American Flyer train set he gave me when I was 5. He said your welcome and it was my pleasure as if he could still remember setting it up in my grandparents living room for me to find that Christmas morning so long ago. I told him I still have it and it still runs good. True story and Merry Christmas.

Edited by Unit3 - 25 Dec 2019 at 12:48am
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 4:39am
Great story and a Very Merry Christmas to you also. Hope your cold gets better soon. That's a very special Santa you ran into also. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 10:41am
Great story. Merry Christmas and hope the cold gets better. The brandy works better if you have a sip when you first feel the cold coming on, also high dose of vitamin C helps. Surprised that the liquor store would close that early even on Christmas Eve. Might be a good thing you didn't take any brandy to church, you might have had to share. LOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 1:14pm
My vote is for peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate and you can take it to church too.😜

Got my Marx train set and my brothers train set up around our Christmas tree. Grandsons will be over later and we'll be running them off the rails.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 8:56am

Stan,,,!,,,,you still have your own train set,,,,,WinkWinkClap
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:20am
Tim,,,,,,,,,you sure they weren't open??  I mean,,,,,,,seeing Santa and all??
My Mother gave my train away when I was over seas.  She was tired of tripping over it.
As far as a Christmas drink for toasting,,,,,,,I prefer Brandy with a rum chaser,,,,,,or was it gin?   No,,,,,,,,it was Bourbon ....... I think
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 12:11am
I didn't know they made trains that far back! (poke,poke)
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 5:27am
He had to chop his Lincoln Logs to power it back then....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:13am
Yeah, it needed steam to run, we didn't have electricity back that far in the valley.
Now if I'd a had some snow to melt,,,,,,I wouldn't have had to go out to the well and get my warm hand stuck to that cold pump handle and peeled some skin off.....
Whist I had that train!

Shameless, I'm REALLY disappointed in you!!!!!   NO SNOW for Christmas!!  What the heck!?!?!?  Got some on the 29th, but all those disappointed kids.....WHAT were you thinking?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic