This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kawasaki mule

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kawasaki mule
    Posted: 03 Jun 2024 at 7:49am
Time for the first service and I'm thinking about doing it myself. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks
Sponsored Links

Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2024 at 10:37pm
Drain oil, change filter and refill with new oil.

Was there something else you were thinking?
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 6:29am
Thanks Ron, heard the dealership also checks valve clearance and makes other checks
Oil and filter change I can handle, Thanks again
ac160 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 9:09am
It is pretty easy to do the service on the mule.  Just drain the oil for front/rear diff as well as the engine oil is what the manual I think said. Hardest part was squeezing under it to drain the oil as I didn't put it up on anything.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 10:18am
Sounds good , Thanks . I'm hoping to get a service manual for Father's Day . 
only AC orange View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only AC orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 8:09am
Hope it's easier to service than it's little brother - Teryx!!!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 9:18am
Originally posted by ACinSC ACinSC wrote:

Thanks Ron, heard the dealership also checks valve clearance and makes other checks
Oil and filter change I can handle, Thanks again

Yea right, The dealer actually do a valve clearance or other checks? They might haul it back to the shop change the oil at an inflated price keep it a few more days and then return it. Then bill you for PU & Delivery oil/filter change at inflated price plus a bunch of other things that they didn't really do.  The economy is terrible when everyone can afford more than what I ever paid for a new P/U for a glorified golf cart to haul their a$$ around. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 10:58am
Yeah Paul , how do I know what the dealer does or who does it ? First service is $300 . I ordered a oil change kit . Gonna change the engine oil and see how it goes . Have to admit the wife and I do take our granddaughter around the block some , but I bought this mule to help keep the roads clear down at the "farm" . It's 4 wheel drive and easy to haul a chainsaw , etc in . Thanks 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 1:22pm
most of the engine valve covers have an o-ring seal for the gasket these days.. Easy enough to pop off the 4 bolts to get a look at the "valves and cam" area.... If you want to prove to yourself that the valves are still "OK"... just rotate each piston to TDC and check the clearance with a feeler gauge.. Dont need to ADJUST... just check and verify.. No real tools needed other than socket to get the cover off.

Some UTV like the Polaris have a "limit slip" type axle and require a specific fluid in the axles... I think the Mule is pretty standard and just takes 80- 90 gear lube ??
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 1:35pm
Thanks Steve, good to know.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 6:52pm
blow out the clutches and check the rollers  libe pins and rollers carefully with fine powdered grafite use very sparingly so it does fling it a ll over the sheaves and belt   good working clutches is where all your perfomance and power and smooth operation is at 
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 8:30pm
Thanks Mike
I'll check that out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic