This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

K/EIII Gleaner Cylinder Bars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarmerTad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K/EIII Gleaner Cylinder Bars
    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:03pm

Dear Gentleman of Orange,

I am looking for either new or rebuilt cylinder bars for an Allis-Chalmers K Gleaner combine. My understanding is that the cylinder bars from an EIII Gleaner will fit the K Gleaner as well. Is there ANYTHING available out there?

Thanking you in advance,

FarmerTad
Sponsored Links

Sherman Farms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherman Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:19pm
New ones from Agco available,but pricey!
B, C, RC, 3 wc,2 wd,3 wd45, d15, d17, d19, d21, 190, 440, 7040, 918 backhoe, 12 roto balers, 7 60 combines, 40, 66,2 72,90 super, sp100, Gleaner E, F3, 3 L2, R62, and much more
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:03pm
Call Trimpe in Seymour In. They may have some rebulit ones. They will be cheaper than new. (better too)
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Call Trimpe in Seymour In. They may have some rebulit ones. They will be cheaper than new. (better too)

To the OP, DO NOT let go of  your old bars if dealing Trimpe, they want your old bars for a "trade-in" for their best price WinkWink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 8:28pm
Mine were worn so thin that they didn't want them. Nearly knife edge on top of rib.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:45pm
I just put a set of the Trimpe bars in my E and am extremely happy with them. Call and talk to Ralph, tell him the guy in the red car from Iowa sent you. The E3/K bars are the same. He will only accept bars that are genuine AC. In my case shipping was $100 so if your bars are worn enough it’s not worth sending them back to him. It just worked out that we were headed to Ohio from Iowa so I dropped them off on the way. The roller skate I was driving might have used $10 worth of gas.
What I can say is they made a different machine out of it. If you have weeds, they will pull them through instead of wadding up. It will use less engine power to do the same work. I took my E to the CAPOOT corn picking day at Collins IA and it didn’t work near as hard as it did before and I could run faster than a couple Deere combines about the same age as my E. Didn’t take long to adjust and I was tossing whole cobs out the back, no shelled corn on the ground and no trash in the bin. The limiting factor for speed was the snapping rolls on my head, not power or separation.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:30pm
Brian have you got wires in your walkers? If not you will be plugging them with cobs. They will be stuck in every square hole in there. you can build you own "screens out of 3/16 rod and a welder. Use lots of bailing wire to tie them in.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 12:11pm
No wires in mine. I haven’t had time to clean it out yet, but I wasn’t breaking up the cobs either. I do need to make a cob shield for the raddle though. Occasionally I would get one down where the clean out door is that would jam it up. The manual says that can happen in high yielding corn without one.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic