This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JohnCO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JohnCO
    Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:19pm
what was the brand of pellet stove you have again? and is it still working o-k? i'm about ready to chit can this one we have! ours heats and runs good, but it has to be cleaned everyday! very labor intensive!
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 12:02pm
OK, one more time!  It's a PelPro PP60. (pelprostove.com)  I've had no problems with it so far, works like a furnace, shuts off when the room gets to the temp set on the controls, starts back up when the room cools a bit.   Haven't fired it up yet this fall but will need to soon, such as all the pretty you sent also came with 10 degrees of cold last night!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 1:18pm
JohnCo he lost that name when he lost his computer, NOT.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:39pm
Tad, ya gotta remember he is like a lot of us on this site, elderly, heck some of us can't remember what we had for breakfast while we're eating it.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Tad, ya gotta remember he is like a lot of us on this site, elderly, heck some of us can't remember what we had for breakfast while we're eating it.

Whoah, that sounds like when CRS has turned to CRAFT.  LOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:48pm
thanks John...I thought it was the PelPro, but wasn't sure! we looked at one...well 2 of them at Menards last night, I was able to grab an owners manuel outta one of them and spent about an hour in the isle reading it! when I gots home and watched a video on it on you tube, it showed how to clean it and mentioned how often. I think i'll go ahead and buy one, dunno what i'll do with this one we are using right now, it's still a good stove, but just has to be cleaned every day. i'm hoping the PelPro will last a week at least for cleaning. we've never had to run our King stove over the lowest setting to heat our house.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:07pm
I clean mine once a week to a couple times per month, depends on how much I use it.  Most days I shut it off in the morning as the sun does a good job of keeping the house warm.  I have a lot of insulation in the house, 12" plus so it takes a while to cool down much.  I would think listing the old one on CL would see it gone quickly at a good price.  If they ask why you're selling it, just tell them you are getting too old to haul in the bags and the old lady, er, loving wife, won't do it for you!

Edited by JohnCO - 13 Nov 2018 at 8:08pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:17pm
Cleaning every day means you're using some crap pellets...
Son says you gotta use the best hardwood pellets you can get.  Otherwise you're gonna be cleaning all the time.
You can load up that stove you're not gonna be using and after you pick up Les,,,,,,,after you git here, we'll unload it and then put the 76 Ferd on your trailer and you can take it back to Les' place....Sound like a plan?
Oh,,,,,,,,don't let Les fergit them baby moons for me too!! 
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 11:02pm
Ted...will you gives me enough for the stove....to buy a trailer?
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:43pm
Shameless put the old stove in the shop for heatin it since you ain't there much you won't have to clean it very often
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Ted...will you gives me enough for the stove....to buy a trailer?
You got er buddy!!  I've got it on order right now!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Radio-Flyer-My-1st-Toy-Wagon/51799538?athcpid=51799538&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=7249a5ea-466-1671471e4e7992&athena=true
"Allis-Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:08pm
Wow Shammers a Radio Flyer! Ole Ted is treatin you special and goin all out. Sheesh if only I had friends like that. Best not snow coat him, ever.

Edited by chaskaduo - 14 Nov 2018 at 6:09pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:21pm

Ted ye could have gotten him a trailer with side boards....

Or the one with the fats an sides... Onliest right now at 72.99

Edited by JC(WI) - 14 Nov 2018 at 7:25pm
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:37pm
Geeeeezzze JC, he's only bringin a pellet stove that ain't no good,,,,,,you gotta clean the dang thing every day....
"Allis-Express"
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:08pm
Only when you put pellets in it...
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 2:58am
 Werll,,,I'm still contemplatin on which pellet stove to buy ,,,and do not want to get in any hurry,,,Ya know,,,???
 By the way,,,I went by TSC yesterday to see Ms Big Ones ,,,and they had these HUGE stacks of them pellets and I got to readin on the bags cause,,,,cause I "may" be buyin some,,,,one of these days. 'sides,,,she was wantin to visit some out front without nobody botherin us,,,,,,Wink,,,anyway all them bags said the pellets material was "Pine",,,,PINE,,??,,chit,,, long as I remember,,pine is a soft wood and would prolly burn up soon as you dump em in the dang hopper,,,!!! The special price was over $5 a bag,,,,whew,,,,!! Glad I didn't get in no big hurry,,,,Wink
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:49am
PINE????   YIKES!!!!
Yeah, it'd burn up in no time atal...........and leave you a BUNCH of ash to clean up...
NOT GOOD....
Everyone around here is getting rid of their pellet stoves.  The cost of pellets has gone up so much and the lack of availability has declined, so they're burning LP instead.  They all have tole me that it's cheaper than pellets lately.

So yeah Joe, take your sweet time!!
"Allis-Express"
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 1:22pm
Mother-in-law heated with pellets and my kids was hauling and toking them for her. And as always with such things I got elected to hauling one season, and the closer to her house I could buy them the easier.

Well as with MIL things I was told the last pellets were not making heat. They were fine when the wide open window in her laundry room was closed. My FIL had always bought high quality pellets from the fancy stove place. I started calling around and bought cheap ones and consumption of pellets never changed enough to tell.But some were 1/2 price of the fancy ones. An she always kept it a nice toasty temp too. So I don't think it makes to much difference what wood they are made of. But possibly way out west there are not any hardwood pellets to try.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 6:21pm
OK guys which is worst, cutting/splitting wood or hauling in pellets?? Older I get, the more I'm a thinking about setting the wood stove out on the kurb a getting something more modern. How heavy are the bags of good pellets??
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 6:31pm
 OK,,Tom,,,what's your address,,?? I be on my way soon's you let me know you got it on the curb,,,,,Wink UMMmmm,,,you got any spare firewood to go with it,,,,might as well take the wood splitter to make a load,,,,,,LOL
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 8:36pm
I read all this about wood stove and pellet stoves etc. I get tired just reading all this discussion, let alone bring in the wood supply.  I guess I have been spoiled, I sure have adapted to walking over to the wall and turning the little dial.  I did a cost estimates a year ago when I need a new furnace, I would have to live another 15 years just to break even. I bought another gas furnace.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:30pm
I have geothermal heat here in Illinois and I love it.  We have 3 150' vertical wells that lead into my aquifier and it is 52 degrees year round.  We are all electric and my bills are  on a level payment plan.  Only problem is the company called me and asked when I was going to pay for the furnace and I told him that smartazz salesman told me it would pay for it in 7 tears.  That sucker did not find any humor in that comment
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 11:42pm
All I have ever burned is  pine pellets.  One of the plants is about 50 miles west of me,     (but a hundred mile drive each way).  Can buy them for less the $5 a bag at Costco, some times Lowels is cheaper by maybe .10.  I have never seen hardwood pellets except for BBQ grills.  It takes several bags worth to make enough ash to have to clean out the stove.  Maybe up in the frozen northland they would not pay but I can't imagine a propane furnace cheaper to run then the pellet stove.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 8:44am
Yeah and now with this cold, the price of LP is going up steadily around here.  Just paid $1.48 for it.
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:14am
we do burn premium hardwood pellets. we bought a pallet of them a couple weeks ago at a farm store that ran a pretty good sale on them. they are 40 lbs bags, and I got them for $2.77 a bag. there are 50 bags on a pallet. I still have a great wood burning furnace in the basement, but am getting to old to carry the wood down there. and "she" won't do it! I still have a HUGE firewood pile outside, it's for sale. very little has to be split, it's mostly all round stuff. I may hafta break down and puts in a new furnace next year. we haven't had propane heat here for over 40 years. the old lady....oooops….I mean the loving wife gets cranky everytime the house fills up with smoke!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:47am
 Dang,,,Shameless,,,I expect that could get pretty interestin especially if it happens bout 2 in the mornin,,,,,WinkWink We haven't burned wood in years and fact of the matter,,I took the old parlor stove out of the den several years ago.......I just could NOT trick any of the boys into goin to the mountains to get a load of wood,,,,,,LOL   I used to yell,,," Who wants to go Deer scouting" and,,,,and,,I'd have me a truckful in no time...They started to wise up whenever they seen the chainsaws in the trk and hidin em behind the seat didn't work either,,,,,,LOL Oh well,,,I'm gettin too old as well to be messin with thet firewood myself,,,,,
  Let me tell Ya'll bout a run-a-way just the other day,,,,,,,LOL
 I had cooked some groceries and one of the fryin pans was kinda gross lookin ,,,,,so,,I put some water in it and set on the stove to soften it up a little ,,,well ya'll know how us old timers tend to forget chit so I went outside to continue my work,,,,next thing I know,,I get a phone call from ADT tellin me they gots a fire alarm at my house,,,,,,,!!!!! AW CHIT,,,!! I drop what I'm doin as I KNOW WTF is goin on and run inside and the Wife is SCREAMING from the bedroom that the friggin house is on FIRE,,the dang alarm siren is SO FRIGGIN LOUD  and I can't hardly think,so much CHIT is happenin all at once,,,!! I grab the pan that is the culprit and throw thet sob out the back door,,,,run back in and try to cancel the alarm,,IT WON'T CANCEL,,,!!!! Bout that time a fully dressed FIREMAN runs thru the front door yellin,,,"Where's THE FIRE?" (The Wife is still screaming, Ya know) I run in bedroom and tell her to calm down,,tryin to yell louder than her,,,and,,,,and,,,she tells me,,,"You forgot something on the stove again,,didn't you"' (Have no idea why the friggin alarm will not shut the hell up) By then there is 3 fire trucks outside and all the neighbors is hangin on the fences,,,,just waitin,,,,, AH's,,,,,
 By then I have RIPPED off all the clear plastic off the windows that I so painstakingly installed for winter,,,to get some circulation at the firemen's requests. They set up a HUGE fan and blow LOTS of NICE, CLEAN air into the house and bout 15 minutes of that chit and all the smoke is finally gone,,,,,I thanked em all but I DO notice them little grins on them as they file out of the house,,,so much for dull country livin,,,,,,LOLLOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 7:59am
DJ,,,,,,I've been to MANY homes doing that same thing.  We can't help but smile.  It depends on WHO left it on the stove,,,,,,,,if it's the man of the house, SHE'S SCREAMIN!!  If SHE left it on the stove, the man of the house is just standin there with a red face and tryin to hold his tongue....  Why is that anyway??
The worst one is when they leave an aluminum pot on there.  THEY MELT!!  WHAT A MESS!!

Shameless, we've got a coal chute on the house.  It works well for throwin wood chunks down to the basement.  You need to install one!!
"Allis-Express"
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Shameless, we've got a coal chute on the house.  It works well for throwin wood chunks down to the basement.  You need to install one!!

X-2
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 1:49am
last time I chucked wood thru the basement winder...I broke a lot of chit down there! sum of them chunks bounce pretty good! PffffT! I thoughts I had most all the smoke outta the house by the time the old lady....oooops….I mean the loving wife gots home...she must have an over active smeller! and did ya'll know that when you....uh....nevermind...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 1:53am
thanks Joe....I needed a good laugh! oh...and Ted...you can keep them Radio Flyer wagons, them little all plastic wagons is some kinda tough little buggers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic