This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

it's soooo pretty out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: it's soooo pretty out!
    Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:39am
just came home from out driving in it! it's snowing like a cow pee'n on a flat rock in winter! the snow plows can't keep up! so far I've pumped out another 4-5 inches! the machine is humming along great! ya'll enjoy!
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:44am
Ya it looks like another 4" of the darn stuff. Far more than enough to "make a preacher cuss". Old gal and I set around and looked at more Arizona motor home sites tonight. Our friend Courtney grew up in Scotsdale, we stopped in and talked to her today. She also recommended we stay in the Quartzite area. She loves the flea market stuff there. Was flipping thru TV channels, we gots some new ones lately. Do people actually buy stuff off these shopping networks??   The stuff looks like total crap.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:34am
dang machine's 'dial' is busted...
supposed to get snow, ice pellets, rain, freezing rain, snow pellets.. ALL this afternoon...
OK, IF I could vote, I'd say 'snow'. At leats that I can deal with. Dang driveway is 1/2 buried in ICE. Makes it fun to get out seeing how I'm the hidden driveway on a curve and need to 'take a run' to cross the 'ice rink' ....

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:03am
you can add me to that classless action suit against shameless. 6" here overnight and east (what up with the east wind every time it snows?) wind, sucks. shame on you shameless.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:31am
    We have been in Arizona for about two months and it has rained
more and the temperature way below normal. I know your going to
say a lot better than it is here. 26 degrees this morning with heavy
frost which is very unusual for this area. We are in a small town between
Phoenix and Tucson. It will get better in about six days here. Need to
coat roof on are trailer and has not been warm enough.

John Carlson
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:40am
"It's sooo pretty out!" 
  Yea, PRETTY DAM UGLY!!! SNOWING here again... Trace, where do we sign up???
    I rather of the SUN and see the snow all done and pushed out like it looked yesterday...
Heres what I was looking at yesterday, and the front axle was just clearing the snow in the shallow swales and the deep, you don't go there. ... and now? dang shameless prolly busy coverin my trails out there.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
 Well,,JC,,(and I ain't tryin to "poke" you) but it does look pretty there don't it,,?? Maybe you oughta take a pic and send it to ole Shameless,,,I bet he'd like that,,,,,,,LOL OK,,,I'll put up the poker'er,,,I DO feel for all youse guys that gots to fight all thet stuff just to get feed to the cows,,,,,gulp,,,,,
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:34am
Sorry, guys. Embarrassed  I know ole Shameless is trying to get me and that machine just hasn't got the oomph to do the job, it just keeps dumping on y'all. Haven't seen a single white flake all winter long. We just keep getting cold rain and plenty of it. Was in Lowe's last week and there was an old guy in there with a long gray beard wanting to know of they had any gopher wood.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:15am
I am going to get firm here!!!  I went to work, made it fine. Got a inch an hour, total of 4, now freezing rain.  Got sent home for we could not get to any of the job sites due to HIS "pretty stuff".  SOOOO someone owes me a days wages, or a bowl of his world famous chili!!!! lol
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:46pm
We lucked out today they was calling for snow, which we got 4", then freezing rain but it warmed up and the snow stopped and the rain isn't going to start till 5:00 and it's 38 degrees so we lucked out and no freezing rain
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:12pm
  Well,,,Dave,,,he best get to makin 3-4 BIG pots of thet world famous chili,,,,he's got him lots of them debts he needs to start payin up on,,,,,WinkWink
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:12pm
Made it out the drive this morning with the full size truck. Th wind picked up and blew Shameless' "pretty" back in while I was gone. Got stuck tonight. Had to get the 7060 out to pull me in. AND... I broke the snowblower on the round before and parts won't be in till Friday. Thanks, Shameless. (not)
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:13am
10 inches... an the school was called off before the snow even came... They musta heard a shameless was a-come'n...
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:52am
we got anywhere from 10 to 12 in of that crap, new record for the month of Feb and there's still a week left in the month.  I won't call out ole Shameless on here any more, I just hope he is aware that I don't FORGET.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:29am
and who says old dogs can't learn nuthin? LOL...JC...if'n you would have picked them bales up and put them at the edge of the field...you wouldn't have a problem gittin them out!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:22pm
Speaking of purdy. ...I was down along the ND/SD border today between McIntosh and McLoughlin SD. Now them folks have purdy about 10 feet deep. I didn't tell the fella at the place I was at that I knew who the perpetrator of the snow crime was. I probably wouldn't have gotten out of there alive if I would have said that. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

Speaking of purdy. ...I was down along the ND/SD border today between McIntosh and McLoughlin SD. Now them folks have purdy about 10 feet deep. I didn't tell the fella at the place I was at that I knew who the perpetrator of the snow crime was. I probably wouldn't have gotten out of there alive if I would have said that. Darrel

LOLLOLLOL yeah,,Darrel no sense in messing up a good relationship by fessin up you know thet guy,,,,,,,WinkWink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 4:03am
soooooo….you gonna move down there? lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 6:50am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

soooooo….you gonna move down there? lol

No, I am not going to move down there. I think that I am going to sell out, build a nice sized heated shop to work in, and just watch the snow through the window. Kind of "semi retire". Snow isn't a bad thing until you have to fight it to make a living. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 7:57pm
if'n you sell out, what you needs a shop for? shucks...them auctioneers could prolly seel for 2 days outta the Quonset!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:45am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

if'n you sell out, what you needs a shop for? shucks...them auctioneers could prolly seel for 2 days outta the Quonset!

I have an addiction to working on orange stuff. That's why I need the shop. I'd keep most of my Allis stuff if I sold out. And no, they auctioneers would not spend two days selling out of the Quonset. It would take them at least three. Darrel
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 2:06pm
I sure hopes you wouldn't make them do it in the nasty type weather that ole Shameless has anything to do with
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:38pm
Okguys which is worse, falling on the water covered ice and breaking your butt or getting struck by lightening while standing in a slushie water puddle feeding a bunch of filthy old goats????   Darn it's a booming real good, foggy as heck and getting colder.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:25pm
just wait Tom, the best is yet to come!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:10pm
Rained here off and on all afternoon,. Been snowing since 6:00 pm. Good land I can't wait till 12-26-2020. Should be the day we head for Arizona. Middle son can retire next year. We might get a health certificate for our bees and trailer them down there too. Old gal doesn't want to spend the summer down there, but people tell me to move up mountain where it stays cooler.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:15am
you can gits pollen off pine trees and snakes?
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:55am
Ouch

Confused Ouch Angry Dead Cry Censored

Edited by Ted J - 24 Feb 2019 at 12:56am
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:28am
Ted fyi, your picture is one of those little black boxes with a white X. Well at least on my pewter screen it tis.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:43am
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:46am
Yea, I had square little box and hunted the pic down and then pisted it and now Teds pic shows up...??? aargh!  An more as sss sss snow showed up last night.Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic