This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It has whipped me, I need some help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It has whipped me, I need some help
    Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 8:51pm
1963 Allis Chalmers Motor Grader

I have succcesfully rebuilt the low range box and have it mounted on the trans axle. The last gear that is on the main shaft has a snap ring that holds that gear on. I have a pair of snap ring pliers that I am trying to install the snap ring on through the bell housing hole and I just cannot get the snap ring in place. I have the gear shift lever off the side of the trans axle, there is not enough room nor can I see real well to put the snap ring on through the side opening. I know no other way than to go through the bell housing and that hole is very small. It is hard to work the pliers in this space. There has to be a better way. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 3:09am
Some times it is easier to take the snap ring in hand, literally, and manipulate it on by hand, as far as you can, then take a long punch, and tap it on lightly, till it clicks on completely.  Also, there are several types of SR pliers, some that attack it straight, while others have a 90 degree bend, at the tip...  Some jobs are best attacked with a helper, too...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 6:39am
its frustrating some times but i believe you will fix it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic