This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISO HD5 Starter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Deppe/AC Salvag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISO HD5 Starter
    Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 11:03pm
Searching for a friend, a starter for a HD5. Old number 1109114, new number 1113312. IA 563 357-2616
Sponsored Links

Gary(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 7:33am
I have one it is missing the start button but it is complete otherwise 9two0 253 8one92
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 1:05pm
i HAVE 2 HD5 startor   use  with foot rode for pushing on switch
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 4:07pm
I found it was easier to replace full starter with late model unit M42 unit with solonoid as the foot switch is impossible to find - also between rebuild cost of old starter the M42 is available easily - see one listed on E bay for $99 - Somewhere I have couple of generators and starters but non-working core material -
 Any truck repair shop or bone yard should have the M42 off any Detroit Diesel or other heavy diesel engine - ones with adjustable nose cone to use . 
1993788 42 MT Starter Reman

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 26 Sep 2016 at 4:10pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 6:07pm
Yep, you remove the cap screws on the nose cone, and rotate the body of the starter, to make the starter fit the application...
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:30pm
Allen screws on the ones I've worked on
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic