This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Internet Service?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internet Service?
    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 4:40pm
What do you guys and gals use for internet service? I have us cellular and when time runs out it will not open. Slow Slow!!!! thanks Gary
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 5:30pm
I use the local cable TV/internet/phone provider as I get a 'package' deal...well, sort of....
Don't own a cellphone,never have, never will

if I was truly addicted I'd pay for the fibreoptic line cross the street,gotta be 1,000x faster...but then I'd need a new PC as this one's 10-12 years old....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 5:43pm
I'm on the phone companies fiber, DSL.  I run on copper for too far from the fiber connection so it's slow.  I was on cable and it was a lot faster.  One of these days I'm gonna switch back to cable.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 6:05pm
I should have added that I have us cellular D-Link wireless. When I reach the 30 gb it is same as nothing. It is annivesary date before it starts working again. I am checking into hughes net,but don't know if it is any better. Thanks Gary
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 6:52pm
I use AT&T, decently fast but nothing to brag about. Only have 1GB of data per month for my and my bride's cell phones and this month she will have used most of it. I only use it at the farm but it seems to be as fast as AT&T at home. I don't want to pay the extra $$$$ for unlimited data but I may have to move up to 2GB. Most months we don't even use all of the 1GB.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 7:23pm
I use Mercury Wireless  for internet.  They have 3 different speeds and unlimited data. 
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 7:33pm
We have DSL thru Centurylink
Reasonable speed but spotty service
Our copper line ties to fiber less than a mile away
That repeaters thru Hermann office then to Wentzville to server out
8 sometimes 10 mbps but unstable

Hughes net was never better than 3mbps and the other services we had worse
Running Windows 10
May end look at a tablet thru ATT and dump the rest if even keep phone service
May drop back to flip phone and yes still offered
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 8:18pm

Well,,I guess even tho I live north of town a few miles I got on to my ISP's Fav list and they offered me 50 KBPS fiber for same price I was payin for 10 MBPS,,,,Chit,,I didn't want em to be mad at me so I says,,," Go For It",,,,Wink I really like it as it is lightening quick for downloading like large files,,Clap I downloaded a HUGE file for a repair manual (344 pages) for the Polaris ATV I'm workin on and it did it in,,,,a pair of minutes,,,,Clap
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 8:56pm
Wife and I each have iPhones. Verizon, 4G, we use Safari. That’s about all I understand about it.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:04am
That would be the other thing not interested in
5G
All too much talk within the geek community of trackability no matter what settings and nothing can be private on them
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:14am

I don't understand the 5G either,,Dave,,,,first off I kept reading that it was somehow unsafe cause the CCP kept pushing it ,,then heard it was a health consideration,,Chit,,all kinds of concerns,,I mean how fast does the connection really have to be,,,,???WinkWink
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:54am
re 5G...just a 'faster/better' sytem to send more data all over the world. Think of it like car HP, 'they' hype the numbers to get you to buy something you don't really need. CCP has embedded 'tech' into 5g to grab your data ..kinda like NSA does now,cept data heads to China.

re: health. every cellphone has a small microwave transmitter.when held to your head some of that energy goes INTO your head(aka brain).under 8s(?) the brain bones aren't 'fused'(solid) so that energy DOES seep through. think a leaky tap over a bucket...drip...drip..........drip, eventually the bucket gets full.

re: access. 5G is no different than 4g, 3g,... your phone is NEVER truly OFF and EVERY app, those cute icons you click on to run 'neat' stuff....runs the phone, connect to 'home' to upgrade itself.At the same time it can upload YOUR private info.Anything from GPS data, pictures,emails,data files,logins ,etc. YOU gave them this access when you clicked 'OK' to the 'terms and conditions' button. slick.

Pop always sad to make millions, just create something everyone has to have (addictive) that isn't harmful...... well 'they've' done that in spades !!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:58am
Fella that did our last computer repair(Wife found a Virus) I asked of 5G, he held up a 6S Iphone said would be his last and our PC was 2.4G where anything laptop, notebook, netbook or ipad was all set to be 5G, He noted the wifi extenders he had were the last of the 2.4 & 4G units he could buy.  He had done some hacking on a failed netbook(another virus attack, he thought) found it was internally corrupted by some sort of internal clock program(built in) that infiltrated the data chips, was only three years old, was a '5G compatible' and originated in Asia, it would also attempt to log thru his WIFI without actually entering that command, was trying to connect with some other device(s) online.  He replaced all the main processors with older versions then destroyed the removed chips/processors where is still using it as a hack netbook.

He stated when 4G drops he may close shop as does not want the added attention to devices in his store.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:19am
We had Hugesnet many years ago----- biggest scammers out there. ----they limit you on per month use which dont go anywhere and yes they are as slow as molassas.
We have Wireless Datanet here ----it's a small local guy ----still slow running but at least it gets us on the internet.
At the other place we had DSL but out here on the tundra---we are lucky to get a signal of any kind.
Save yourself a lot of grief and stay away from Hugesnet!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 1:06pm
we just got (about 3weeks) DSL from Centurylink, very satisfied.  We had us cellular, centurylink is faster and cheaper.  And unlimited, so far it is really unlimited.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:42pm
UScell has the best service for me when i live in a rural area.  customer service was topnotch.  call in and tell them your problem; they will have a fix!

AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 8:51am
you are right tomNE, we used us Cellular for years.  When we would “go south” for the winter we just grab the hotspot and away we go. 
But now we use too many GB because of all this staying at home. We are addicted to internet auctions and YouTube . Also TV is so bad, it is hard to find anything to watch.
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:37am
Has anyone ever heard of ViaSat internet? Local dealer sells it and they use it. They use it and say it will slow down like all when you use all of GB data but will not quit like US Cellular. Thanks Gary
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:44pm
I am using it right now. I don't keep track of how much we use but it never quits, even when grandkids stay 2 at a time with their own devices watching stuff or playing games. I does seem slower at times but not to slow cause I am never sure just how much slower. 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:15pm
I have Charter Spectrum here in town and I really like it, cause it's so fast, but it's not cheap either.

Up to the farm, I now use 'Visible".  https://www.visible.com/
Bring your number to Visible, see how you feel about us, and feel free to cancel your service without penalty if it’s not working out. Stores, no. Parties, yes.

I have a "Party" of two other people so there are four of us.  When you ""party", you only have to pay $25 a month.  YES, that is CORRECT.  That includes ALL the taxes and other BS that you pay dearly through the other plans.  It is UNLIMITED, meaning NO top on texts, minutes of usage.  It works like a dream and I'm really happy with it.  I've had it now for quite a while, so it's trustworthy.  Take a look at it.  I'm not pushing it and I don't get any 'resiruals' for it or anything, I'm just letting you know it's good and worth it.  I HAD US Cellular and I couldn't get any service at the farm.  Now, there are very few places where I can't.  I'm MORE than happy!!
Oh yeah, the other two people on my plan,,,,,,,,you just sign in looking for someone else who wants to join if you don't have a 4 some.  They're happy to join.  Otherwise, it starts out at $40 a month and then goes to $35 with 2, $30 with 3 and $25 with 4.  You can't,,,,,,,and I mean CAN'T beat it.  I've been on ALL of the big 4 and this is by far the best!!  CHEAPEST and I now have SERVICE all the time.

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic