This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance-qualifiying event?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance-qualifiying event?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:35pm
I know, a deep subject for a weekend.
Trying to get an answer from my employer's health plan on wanting to drop my son from 'family' coverage, outside of the 'open enrollment' timeframe.
He is a Medicaid recipeint, but moved out of the house 2 weeks ago to a residential living facility.
I know 'qualifiying event' has to be reported within 30 days to be eligible.
Is moving out of the house a 'qualifiying' event?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:05pm
I am not an insurance expert, nor do I play one on the moving picture box!  
It sure sounds like that would be a qualifying event!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:41pm
Yes, he is no longer your dependent.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:46pm
We are his legal guardians, but no longer responsible for his daily care.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 7:39am
I would say yes it's a qualifying event. Try Google. Lots of answers there. Not necessarily the right answers all the time though.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 7:56am
As he went on Medicaid and left your residence I am afraid Yes, the coverage is lost.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 7:33pm
Ask a insurance person that is a nutrial party to read your policy. If you think you want to fight the company after that,you need to look for a lawyer that speicalizes in this area of law. We have a heath care system that has payed for everyone for years,just need to know how it all works. For what ever reason they don't want working class Confused to get in on it. Any illegal Angry shows up at a emergency room they got treated,long before obummer care. But we working people they try taking every cent CryCryCry we have.

But no idea of how you find a Wink good lawyer. Ok there is no good lawyer LOL but some are helpful without draining your pockets.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic