This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insanity ROCKS!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insanity ROCKS!!!!
    Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 7:11pm
Going tomorrow to pick up my new (to me) barely used snow plow!! Like I'll be using it much for snow here in the foothills of NC! LOL! I found a Cycle Country snow plow and frame at a local trading post/junk hole/treasure chest today and struck a deal. When I get it adapted to my 410, it'll be mid-mounted, winch operated and 5, that's FIVE feet wide!!! LOL! Definitely adding duals and weight! This sucker costs over $600 bucks new. I paid...........$175!! Photos ASAP

Edited by A-Cvtx - 23 Jan 2015 at 7:11pm
Insanity is relative. All of my relatives are crazy!
Sponsored Links

A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 11:32am

Got my new plow blade home!!! Got to make a few brackets and BAM! Waiting on snow......or something!!
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 2:07pm
Just don't do as I did=forgot to tighten the shoes back down after I scraped the asphalt drive before I plowed a path to my storage building last winter. Wife was not happy. (Seems like weeds grew where I had scraped all the grass off during the winter)
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by macvette macvette wrote:

Just don't do as I did=forgot to tighten the shoes back down after I scraped the asphalt drive before I plowed a path to my storage building last winter. Wife was not happy. (Seems like weeds grew where I had scraped all the grass off during the winter)

LOL! I shouldn't be in the yard for anything! Sounds like a fun time that day! LOL! That reminds me, I'm considering putting some type of wheel on mine since I have gravel drive. Anybody ever do that?
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 3:38pm
the type of blade you have probably has adjustable shoes like mine. Work well if adjusted to hold the blade above the gravel - AND tighten them enough to hold the position. Sold a smaller blade to my neighbor with same shoes and seems to work well on his gravel drive.
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by macvette macvette wrote:

the type of blade you have probably has adjustable shoes like mine. Work well if adjusted to hold the blade above the gravel - AND tighten them enough to hold the position. Sold a smaller blade to my neighbor with same shoes and seems to work well on his gravel drive.

Mine are adjustable. Doesn't have the tightening nut. it uses washers and a pin. Its missing one so I have to get a replacement but was curious about the wheel thing.
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 6:34pm
That,s agood price for a blade like that. I wouldn't know why a wheel wouldn't work. Might have to do a little re-engineerin.
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 3:20pm
I now have blade somewhat mounted. A few more tweaks and then testing.410_blade_mounted.jpg410_blade_under.jpg
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 5:12pm
So, I called K#####, spoke with someone about what I'm doing, told them I needed the parts to work the winch on the blade. They said, you need this part#, blah blah blah. That should do it. Get the part, it's a switch..........nobody mentioned that control box, very vital part.......apparently. So that's now ordered. Waiting..........
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 7:23pm
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 8:15pm
Some poor guy gave up his Bowflex for the "greater good" of your AC? Way to go!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 11:09am
Heck! And you only thought they made exercise equipment!!  Seen enough of them out at the curb!  Looks like they make good snow plow parts after they're retired..  LMAO!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:16pm
Thanks! My son said this is what happens when a welder has scrap metal, free time and a brain fart!! Got some Rigid lights from a wreck on there now. Needs the wiring and switch and I'll have lights.
Wade (IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wade (IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 8:47pm
Finally a good use for one of those exercise money pits!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic